HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part VI: The Unholy, Sojourn and DVM Show (w/ a little bit of Sirquacksalot)!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2011, 10:49 PM
  #26
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
But vampires can't be in the sun or they'll burst into flames... so how do they sparkle?
Yeah, these vampires can be in the sun. New age vampires: Tall, dark, and sparkly. Teenage girls everywhere go wild.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
  #27
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
I don't know why I'm explaining this. I think you already know and are trying to deflect my suspicions.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
  #28
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 26,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Yeah, these vampires can be in the sun. New age vampires: Tall, dark, and sparkly. Teenage girls everywhere go wild.
This is what's wrong with kids these days




duckaroosky is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
  #29
Takao
kesbae
 
Takao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I don't know why I'm explaining this. I think you already know and are trying to deflect my suspicions.
She's trying to get you to expose just how much of Twilight you have seen.

Takao is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
  #30
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
She's trying to get you to expose just how much of Twilight you have seen.
That's about all I can tell you. Sparkly vampires. I'm sure there are a bunch of typical cheesy, teenage romance stereotypes I could guess at, but all that would tell her was that I dated in high school.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:55 PM
  #31
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 26,613
vCash: 500
I've ignored a lot of movie series... Harry Potter, Saw, Hostel, Twilight... haven't even seen 1 of those movies, any of them.

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:55 PM
  #32
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
This is what's wrong with kids these days

I'm sure it's a lot worse than what I can tell you.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
  #33
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I've ignored a lot of movie series... Harry Potter, Saw, Hostel, Twilight... haven't even seen 1 of those movies, any of them.
I saw the first Saw. I was disappointed.

So what kinds of movies do you watch? The Notebook?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 10:57 PM
  #34
Takao
kesbae
 
Takao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I saw the first Saw. I was disappointed.

So what kinds of movies do you watch? The Notebook?
I've only seen the first Saw and thought it was pretty good. The ending was just like 'OH ****'.

I refuse to see the others though.. lasted way too long.

Takao is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
  #35
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 26,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I saw the first Saw. I was disappointed.

So what kinds of movies do you watch? The Notebook?
Comedy's mostly.... or action films. This summer I saw Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens, Horrible Bosses, Thor. I like the occasional horror film like I wanted to see the one with Daniel Craig but with school I haven't had time or the energy to go. But I get scared easily so I don't see those too often.

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:01 PM
  #36
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
I've only seen the first Saw and thought it was pretty good. The ending was just like 'OH ****'.

I refuse to see the others though.. lasted way too long.
I just expected more, based on the hype. I liked that they gave it some emotion, and that it wasn't some stupid cheesy scare-flick. I just think the hype ruined it for me. Had I seen it without hearing anything about it, it's probably a different story, you know?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:02 PM
  #37
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
Comedy's mostly.... or action films. This summer I saw Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens, Horrible Bosses, Thor. I like the occasional horror film like I wanted to see the one with Daniel Craig but with school I haven't had time or the energy to go. But I get scared easily so I don't see those too often.
You get scared easily?

How was Cowboys and Aliens, BTW? I want to see Real Steel.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:03 PM
  #38
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
My impression of Real Steel right now is that it's basically a sci-fi version of Rocky. Kind of like how Avatar was Dances With Wolves, with blue aliens.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:10 PM
  #39
mightyquack
Moderator
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,994
vCash: 500
What did the Infestation go from Honda Center to our section on HFBoards?

mightyquack is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
  #40
Sirquacksalot
¡Viva Los Patos!
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What did the Infestation go from Honda Center to our section on HFBoards?
We don't have enough fans so they have to help us fill up our boards.

Sirquacksalot is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:17 PM
  #41
mightyquack
Moderator
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
We don't have enough fans so they have to help us fill up our boards.

mightyquack is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:19 PM
  #42
kducks
Duck Off
 
kducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,688
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What did the Infestation go from Honda Center to our section on HFBoards?
Cause they have to defend their players and fans from our viciousness.

kducks is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
  #43
mightyquack
Moderator
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Cause they have to defend their players and fans from our viciousness.
I hate being a goon.

Oh who am I kidding, I embrace the hate

mightyquack is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
  #44
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
We don't have enough fans so they have to help us fill up our boards.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:23 PM
  #45
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
I think I can hear my neighbors getting it on.

Awkward.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:24 PM
  #46
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 26,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
You get scared easily?

How was Cowboys and Aliens, BTW? I want to see Real Steel.
It's purely cheap entertainment... most of it was pretty predictable but the movie theater was air conditioned and **** blew up so not complaining too much.

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:27 PM
  #47
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,292
vCash: 50
Since I've got nothing to do tonight, I'll start working on the GDT

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:27 PM
  #48
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
It's purely cheap entertainment... most of it was pretty predictable but the movie theater was air conditioned and **** blew up so not complaining too much.
With a title like that, I really wouldn't expect anything other than a popcorn flick. If I want to think about **** I'll read a book, but when I go to the movies I want to turn my brain off and just enjoy. Well, with a few exceptions.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:28 PM
  #49
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Since I've got nothing to do tonight, I'll start working on the GDT
Isn't that risky, with the page 2 limit?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 11:31 PM
  #50
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,906
vCash: 50
Time for some jalapeño potato chips. Anyone got a suggestion on a movie or tv show? I might watch a replay of Franklin and Bash or Suits,

Sojourn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.