HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Schenn be recalled?

View Poll Results: When will Schenn be called up again?
After the first game 11 20.37%
Before game 10 26 48.15%
After more than 10 games are played 12 22.22%
Not before someone is injured 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-16-2011, 02:54 AM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Schenn has four goals and two assists in 3 games for the Phantoms...

And yet Shelley, Walker and Rinaldo (1:51 ice time tonight) are still on the roster.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:10 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Retire his number for the organization. Forget LeClair...it's all about Schenn.

...Give it time.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:26 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
And yet Shelley, Walker and Rinaldo (1:51 ice time tonight) are still on the roster.

10-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post

So what you're telling me is that roster management in the NHL isn't strictly about making hockey decisions?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:49 AM
dats81

Holmgren seems to be in love with Walker and won't put him on waivers or send him down anytime soon. So there is no cap space for Schenn.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

The title is misleading.

Schenn scored three goals against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in a wild, messy blowout... one of the goals was an empty netter, another was on a powerplay with Zolnierczyk and Sestito.

(Which is not to say that he's playing badly... I'm just saying.)

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:45 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I would trade Hartnell because Matt Carle is a freaking defensively liability (as he proved yet again tonight). The fact that he was voted the #1 star tonight is CRIMINAL... he basically handed the Kings that one goal. He has proven now for a year and change that he can't be relied on to play consistently good defense.
Ridiculous. Why is it when Pronger makes a mistake, or Timonen does, we don't get that he is a defensive liability. And they have already on plays that led to a goal. Your statements are nonsense. And completely off base. He got the #1 star because he scored the game tying goal that got the Flyers a point. I wouldn't have given him first star either. That should of gone to Quick, Johnson, or Williams. But it's the complete opposite. Carle has proven that he can play consistently good defense.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:02 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Holmgren seems to be in love with Walker and won't put him on waivers or send him down anytime soon. So there is no cap space for Schenn.
First of all , Walker was already waived. Secondly, maybe, just maybe Holmgren is trying to do something such as trade him if a team suddenly becomes in need of a defenseman. Do you think it would be easier to do that if Walker was in the NHL, and not the AHL where any team trading for him would then have to bring him up through recall waivers? Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I didn't think you have to bring up a player if you trade for them

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
First of all , Walker was already waived. Secondly, maybe, just maybe Holmgren is trying to do something such as trade him if a team suddenly becomes in need of a defenseman. Do you think it would be easier to do that if Walker was in the NHL, and not the AHL where any team trading for him would then have to bring him up through recall waivers? Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.
I was under the impression that when a team traded for a player they were free to decide where his initial assignment would be with out having to worry about waivers. This is for sure not the case?

Old
10-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Ridiculous. Why is it when Pronger makes a mistake, or Timonen does, we don't get that he is a defensive liability. And they have already on plays that led to a goal. Your statements are nonsense. And completely off base. He got the #1 star because he scored the game tying goal that got the Flyers a point. I wouldn't have given him first star either. That should of gone to Quick, Johnson, or Williams. But it's the complete opposite. Carle has proven that he can play consistently good defense.
When?

Old
10-16-2011, 06:48 AM
G Money

How is he at face offs?

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUke99 View Post
And why on earth would you trade hartnell as you will need depth for the playoffs. Rookies are nice and shiny new but after an 82 game season you will be glad to have seasoned NHL veterans that can handle the grind!
Agreed. I don't know what it would take, but if he can get back into the groove he was in with Briere and Leino during the cup run, he is worth every penny he is paid. He was playing really strong defense and making some passing plays and just skillful plays in general that I don't even see him attempting currently. I don't know if he doesn't have the confidence to try them because he sees himself as a different kind of player or what is to blame for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Schenn will play a role this season. But I'd rather him be too ready. There's no such thing as too much seasoning.
Week old leftovers in my fridge say different. Ugh, too salty.

Quote:
I agree totally. But every year there has to be a scapegoat. And it's looking more and more like this year, it's going to be Hartnell.
Really, after four games, people are too hasty. Have some perspective. If he still looks bad in a month and some change, then we can start talking about shopping him.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:17 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I was under the impression that when a team traded for a player they were free to decide where his initial assignment would be with out having to worry about waivers. This is for sure not the case?
This is not the case.

If you trade for a guy in the AHL and want to call him up, he'd have to pass through re-entry waivers unless he wasn't eligible.

Right now, there's nothing wrong with having Schenn start off the season in the A. It doesn't seem to have hurt Giroux's game at all.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
FlyersFan61290

I would like to see schenn up here sometime soon but didn't someone say that his cap hit decreases by 9k a day while he's down there? this is obviously a numbers game. still some things to work out like whats gonna happen w/ betts and does rinaldo have what it takes to say up with the big boys (i don't think so). i mean no one in the world thinks the Flyers are a better team w/out him. be patient

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:36 AM
DeflatedFootball7

I like Rinaldo. I've been one of his biggest supporters, among all the hate. But he needs to play more. Otherwise it's pointless.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I missed the game last night, but Carle has looked better defensively in the other 3 games this season so far. That's coming from a big Carle detractor. He's even made a few physical plays that were rare from him in the past. Let's hope he keeps it up all season.

Edit: a bit off topic, but I saw others mentioning him.

10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would like to see schenn up here sometime soon but didn't someone say that his cap hit decreases by 9k a day while he's down there? this is obviously a numbers game. still some things to work out like whats gonna happen w/ betts and does rinaldo have what it takes to say up with the big boys (i don't think so). i mean no one in the world thinks the Flyers are a better team w/out him. be patient
I think thats ********. As we cannot bank cap space this year due to lappy's LTIR, so we would have to accomodate all of schenn's remaining 1.7 cap hit?

or am i totally off base here

Old
10-16-2011, 01:34 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

What exactly is Schenns cap situation? Does it really decrease in the NHL the longer he stays in the A? how big will his cap hit be when he is called up?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
When?
LMAO. You wouldn't know one way or the other. Regardless of how he played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What exactly is Schenns cap situation? Does it really decrease in the NHL the longer he stays in the A? how big will his cap hit be when he is called up?
Yes, it does decrease. Can't answer the latter unless you know when he will be called up.

Here is a simple formula

Cap hit/185 X days left in the Season. That will determine his Cap hit when he reutrns.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Foreverinour

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

if you go to free highlights you can see some phantoms highlights. he got a hat trick oct. 14th

Foreverinour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
LMAO. You wouldn't know one way or the other. Regardless of how he played.

Yes, it does decrease. Can't answer the latter unless you know when he will be called up.

Here is a simple formula

Cap hit/185 X days left in the Season. That will determine his Cap hit when he reutrns.
The question is, where do you start with the cap hit? 3.11M or 1.705M?

If you can figure out his current cap, let us know.

Why can't we just send down Walker and bring up Barts as our 7th instead? Hell, if someone picks up Walker if he's put on waivers, would anyone care?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The question is, where do you start with the cap hit? 3.11M or 1.705M?

If you can figure out his current cap, let us know.
Well from what we've read due to Schenn not being able to meet the 25 minute a game bonus built into his deal, it is 1.705M.

I read today that Betts was placed on LTIR. So that give the Flyers about 1.116M in Cap space.

So with 11 days gone in the season, Schenn's cap charge to the Flyers if they brought him up right now would be about 1.603M. So they either need to make another move, or wait some more time to bring Schenn up.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Well from what we've read due to Schenn not being able to meet the 25 minute a game bonus built into his deal, it is 1.705M.

I read today that Betts was placed on LTIR. So that give the Flyers about 1.116M in Cap space.

So with 11 days gone in the season, Schenn's cap charge to the Flyers if they brought him up right now would be about 1.603M. So they either need to make another move, or wait some more time to bring Schenn up.
Send Rinaldo down I guess when Shelley's suspension is over? With Betts on LTIR and Lappy on LTIR and Rinaldo down, wouldn't that make enough room?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Send Rinaldo down I guess when Shelley's suspension is over? With Betts on LTIR and Lappy on LTIR and Rinaldo down, wouldn't that make enough room?
If Rinaldo is sent down yes it's enough room to bring up Schenn if his cap hit is really 1.603

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote