HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins. 10.13.2011. 7PM. Consol. NHL Network.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
  #776
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
So Tired Of Melrose Pimping Letang.
STOMP Letang!

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
  #777
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Swear half the people on this board confuse the presidents trophy with the stanley cup
cheap shot. if you really believed all your, only the playoffs matter stuff, why are you so locked and loaded to hammer the team for even the slightest regular season failing? you clearly state here that no success in the regular season has value. why does any failing carry so much weight?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:09 PM
  #778
DrPP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
The guy mocks a player he just hurt, possibly seriously. He then taps his stick on the glass when the player is taken off the ice. He then tells Ovi f u and apparently asked him if he wants to be next. He later says he acted classless but goes on to say that Ovi is a hypocrite to say anything since he celebrates scoring goals. Because, you know, celebrating accomplishing what the game is all about is the equivalent of celebrating injuring a fellow player. In my opinion, Asham's schizophrenia on the issue is a result of the NHL embracing a specific role for players that is pathological. Makes you wonder if similar players were in mental distress this summer understanding their value as human beings.

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:14 PM
  #779
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Actually, this is profoundly wrong. Pens fans are very critical of Staal, have been since his second year. He has probably been the #1 whipping boy amongst fans for years.
Comical....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
  #780
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Really? Every time I've seen Staal inquired about on the trade boards (to give him from the 1st line duties he deserves as a budding star ) Pen fans rush in gushing about how much of an overpayment it would take and how invaluable Staal is.

Must be some other Pens fan site where they bash him.
Exactly this....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:02 PM
  #781
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Really? Every time I've seen Staal inquired about on the trade boards (to give him from the 1st line duties he deserves as a budding star ) Pen fans rush in gushing about how much of an overpayment it would take and how invaluable Staal is.

Must be some other Pens fan site where they bash him.
I guess that's an easy conclusion to draw if you gather all your information on such things from the HF boards. Here, in the real world, Staal is indeed subject to much criticism, more so than any other Pen. As Dwight from the Office would say: fact.

Personally, I think he is lacking in any hockey sense whatsoever and has a total lack of that intuitive sense regarding time and space that distinguish great hockey players from so-so ones...but, whatever.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:11 AM
  #782
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
I guess that's an easy conclusion to draw if you gather all your information on such things from the HF boards. Here, in the real world, Staal is indeed subject to much criticism, more so than any other Pen. As Dwight from the Office would say: fact.

Personally, I think he is lacking in any hockey sense whatsoever and has a total lack of that intuitive sense regarding time and space that distinguish great hockey players from so-so ones...but, whatever.
We have all the evidence to the contrary. Just because you say it, it doesn't make it true.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:17 AM
  #783
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Ken Campbell of THN goes off on Asham and Bylsma. Disappointed no one has mentioned Letang's part in all this bs.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
  #784
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
Gotta laugh. On the Pen's Post Game Thread for their game with the Caps, someone just posted a you tube clip of Ovechkin that I had not seen before. It's him at the Verizon Center sitting on the bench during a game against the Pens and the crowd is doing the You Suck chant and he's singing right along with the chant. How can you not like this guy. Ovie and Dale Hunter my favorites.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
  #785
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Gotta laugh. On the Pen's Post Game Thread for their game with the Caps, someone just posted a you tube clip of Ovechkin that I had not seen before. It's him at the Verizon Center sitting on the bench during a game against the Pens and the crowd is doing the You Suck chant and he's singing right along with the chant. How can you not like this guy. Ovie and Dale Hunter my favorites.
i remember that i think that was when he got a hatrick in the playoffs

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:45 PM
  #786
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
You know that Value of: Jordan Staal thread in the Trades forum?

I started that, as a Pens fan, because I wouldn't mind moving him. He's not that good and a lot of Pens fans are really frustrated with him-trust me

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:07 PM
  #787
Backstrom #19
Fire them all
 
Backstrom #19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Savannah Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
You know that Value of: Jordan Staal thread in the Trades forum?

I started that, as a Pens fan, because I wouldn't mind moving him. He's not that good and a lot of Pens fans are really frustrated with him-trust me
Why is this being posted on the Caps board?

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
  #788
Russell Jones
Registered User
 
Russell Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 410
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Why is this being posted on the Caps board?
Maybe because a bunch of other people had been discussing the subject earlier in the thread?

Russell Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
  #789
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
I think it's now safe to say that Vokoun is now as as advertised. He also has paid back the debt from the Tampa game by bailing us out two games in a row.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:34 PM
  #790
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Ive seen from the pens board people describe Staal as a "6 million hole where Crosbys winger should be."

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
  #791
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Ive seen from the pens board people describe Staal as a "6 million hole where Crosbys winger should be."
Technically he's a $4 million hole

It's kind of ironic though, Pen fans would die to have the quality and talent we have on the wings where as for years Cap fans have been jealous of Pittsburgh's center depth.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:53 AM
  #792
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Technically he's a $4 million hole

It's kind of ironic though, Pen fans would die to have the quality and talent we have on the wings where as for years Cap fans have been jealous of Pittsburgh's center depth.
If they traded a ham sandwich for staal theyd still have more center depth than 4/5 of the league.

Center depth is more important sadly. But our weakness at center isnt nearly as bad as their weakness at wing for something positive.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
  #793
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Technically he's a $4 million hole

It's kind of ironic though, Pen fans would die to have the quality and talent we have on the wings where as for years Cap fans have been jealous of Pittsburgh's center depth.
That's because they had two of the top 3 talents in the league. But now that Malkin is barely playing (although incredible when he does), and nobody knows a thing about Crosby. I am not too jealous anymore.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:23 AM
  #794
Burgh32
Registered User
 
Burgh32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: S.J
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
I guess that's an easy conclusion to draw if you gather all your information on such things from the HF boards. Here, in the real world, Staal is indeed subject to much criticism, more so than any other Pen. As Dwight from the Office would say: fact.

Personally, I think he is lacking in any hockey sense whatsoever and has a total lack of that intuitive sense regarding time and space that distinguish great hockey players from so-so ones...but, whatever.
Lacking in hockey sense? Perhaps on the offensive side but not in the defensive end of things.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
  #795
third man in
Registered User
 
third man in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
You know that Value of: Jordan Staal thread in the Trades forum?

I started that, as a Pens fan, because I wouldn't mind moving him. He's not that good and a lot of Pens fans are really frustrated with him-trust me
By the way I found some time to read through the thread and it was business as usual from Pens fans minus yourself. At least on the main boards you guys act like he's a superstar.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:30 PM
  #796
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
That's because they had two of the top 3 talents in the league. But now that Malkin is barely playing (although incredible when he does), and nobody knows a thing about Crosby. I am not too jealous anymore.
Yeah, more realistically the model I've seen a lot of fans call for with Centers is the one used by the Bruins during their recent cup run.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.