HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins. 10.13.2011. 7PM. Consol. NHL Network.

Old
10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
So Tired Of Melrose Pimping Letang.
STOMP Letang!

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
txpd

Quote:
Swear half the people on this board confuse the presidents trophy with the stanley cup
cheap shot. if you really believed all your, only the playoffs matter stuff, why are you so locked and loaded to hammer the team for even the slightest regular season failing? you clearly state here that no success in the regular season has value. why does any failing carry so much weight?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:09 PM
DrPP

The guy mocks a player he just hurt, possibly seriously. He then taps his stick on the glass when the player is taken off the ice. He then tells Ovi f u and apparently asked him if he wants to be next. He later says he acted classless but goes on to say that Ovi is a hypocrite to say anything since he celebrates scoring goals. Because, you know, celebrating accomplishing what the game is all about is the equivalent of celebrating injuring a fellow player. In my opinion, Asham's schizophrenia on the issue is a result of the NHL embracing a specific role for players that is pathological. Makes you wonder if similar players were in mental distress this summer understanding their value as human beings.

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Actually, this is profoundly wrong. Pens fans are very critical of Staal, have been since his second year. He has probably been the #1 whipping boy amongst fans for years.
Comical....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Really? Every time I've seen Staal inquired about on the trade boards (to give him from the 1st line duties he deserves as a budding star ) Pen fans rush in gushing about how much of an overpayment it would take and how invaluable Staal is.

Must be some other Pens fan site where they bash him.
Exactly this....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Really? Every time I've seen Staal inquired about on the trade boards (to give him from the 1st line duties he deserves as a budding star ) Pen fans rush in gushing about how much of an overpayment it would take and how invaluable Staal is.

Must be some other Pens fan site where they bash him.
I guess that's an easy conclusion to draw if you gather all your information on such things from the HF boards. Here, in the real world, Staal is indeed subject to much criticism, more so than any other Pen. As Dwight from the Office would say: fact.

Personally, I think he is lacking in any hockey sense whatsoever and has a total lack of that intuitive sense regarding time and space that distinguish great hockey players from so-so ones...but, whatever.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:11 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
I guess that's an easy conclusion to draw if you gather all your information on such things from the HF boards. Here, in the real world, Staal is indeed subject to much criticism, more so than any other Pen. As Dwight from the Office would say: fact.

Personally, I think he is lacking in any hockey sense whatsoever and has a total lack of that intuitive sense regarding time and space that distinguish great hockey players from so-so ones...but, whatever.
We have all the evidence to the contrary. Just because you say it, it doesn't make it true.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Foy

Ken Campbell of THN goes off on Asham and Bylsma. Disappointed no one has mentioned Letang's part in all this bs.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Gotta laugh. On the Pen's Post Game Thread for their game with the Caps, someone just posted a you tube clip of Ovechkin that I had not seen before. It's him at the Verizon Center sitting on the bench during a game against the Pens and the crowd is doing the You Suck chant and he's singing right along with the chant. How can you not like this guy. Ovie and Dale Hunter my favorites.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Gotta laugh. On the Pen's Post Game Thread for their game with the Caps, someone just posted a you tube clip of Ovechkin that I had not seen before. It's him at the Verizon Center sitting on the bench during a game against the Pens and the crowd is doing the You Suck chant and he's singing right along with the chant. How can you not like this guy. Ovie and Dale Hunter my favorites.
i remember that i think that was when he got a hatrick in the playoffs

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:45 PM
nTsplnk*

You know that Value of: Jordan Staal thread in the Trades forum?

I started that, as a Pens fan, because I wouldn't mind moving him. He's not that good and a lot of Pens fans are really frustrated with him-trust me

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post

I started that, as a Pens fan, because I wouldn't mind moving him. He's not that good and a lot of Pens fans are really frustrated with him-trust me
Why is this being posted on the Caps board?

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Russell Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Why is this being posted on the Caps board?
Maybe because a bunch of other people had been discussing the subject earlier in the thread?

Russell Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Dirtbag59

I think it's now safe to say that Vokoun is now as as advertised. He also has paid back the debt from the Tampa game by bailing us out two games in a row.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:34 PM
TRASHCAT

Ive seen from the pens board people describe Staal as a "6 million hole where Crosbys winger should be."

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Ive seen from the pens board people describe Staal as a "6 million hole where Crosbys winger should be."
Technically he's a $4 million hole

It's kind of ironic though, Pen fans would die to have the quality and talent we have on the wings where as for years Cap fans have been jealous of Pittsburgh's center depth.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:53 AM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post

It's kind of ironic though, Pen fans would die to have the quality and talent we have on the wings where as for years Cap fans have been jealous of Pittsburgh's center depth.
If they traded a ham sandwich for staal theyd still have more center depth than 4/5 of the league.

Center depth is more important sadly. But our weakness at center isnt nearly as bad as their weakness at wing for something positive.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post

That's because they had two of the top 3 talents in the league. But now that Malkin is barely playing (although incredible when he does), and nobody knows a thing about Crosby. I am not too jealous anymore.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Burgh32

Quote:

Lacking in hockey sense? Perhaps on the offensive side but not in the defensive end of things.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post

By the way I found some time to read through the thread and it was business as usual from Pens fans minus yourself. At least on the main boards you guys act like he's a superstar.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
That's because they had two of the top 3 talents in the league. But now that Malkin is barely playing (although incredible when he does), and nobody knows a thing about Crosby. I am not too jealous anymore.
Yeah, more realistically the model I've seen a lot of fans call for with Centers is the one used by the Bruins during their recent cup run.