HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2011, 10:23 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500

10-09-2011, 10:40 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
This needs to play in every NFL locker room everyday before the players leave, until all the players in the league are brainwashed to tackle correctly.

This also needs to be playing in Jarrod Page's DVD players on a constant loop...

Old
10-09-2011, 10:49 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
This needs to play in every NFL locker room everyday before the players leave, until all the players in the league are brainwashed to tackle correctly.

This also needs to be playing in Jarrod Page's DVD players on a constant loop...
I think that has to be the most frustrating thing. Learn how to tackle...

Old
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Bill Cowher was kept on for 12 seasons without winning a championship... has anyone been given longer?

Old
10-09-2011, 11:01 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
Bill Cowher was kept on for 12 seasons without winning a championship... has anyone been given longer?
This is Reid's 13th season with the Eagles. Jeff Fisher as well.

Old
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
3 things you need to do if you want to win:
1. No Turnovers
2. Disciplined play
3. Tackling

None of those happened today.
1. At least 3 of those interceptions is on the Offensive Line, which was put together by the coaching staff (and in this case, drafted as well)
2. Parker jumping offsides was the tip of the iceberg, but there is a lot of undisciplined play going on, there has been all season. (2 OL penalties in the red zone?)
3. We couldn't tackle to save our life, no need for me to explain that.

On top of all that, there was terrible coaching. Poor use of personnel, poor playcalling, and typical bad time management (mainly on Vick's part) all culminated to terrible coaching on top of the list of 3.

Gruden was mentioned. I'd love to see Jeff Fisher. Maybe both? I can't imagine Gruden would give up his gig to be an offensive coordinator. Fisher and Rob Ryan were available this offseason when we decided to name Juan Castillo our defensive coordinator.

Both Gruden and Fisher have been with the organization before. As has Bill Cowher, another interesting possibility.
Ugh, no on Gruden. That guy has done nothing more than Reid. Yes, he won a Super Bowl...playing with Tony Dungy's team, against a team that hadn't changed the play calls he had installed for them!!! The Raiders never should have even showed up. Oh, wait, they didn't. Meh, other than that season, he's done less than Reid.

Fisher...maybe. He's got a defensive background, and that could be interesting. He didn't have a great deal more success in the playoffs then Andy though. Cowher would be interesting, but his teams always pissed me off with how much yapping they did. Never mind that the team would need a drastic overhaul under him. This offense is the anti-Cowher offense.

I'm just not sure where they turn. I do think Reid's idiotic move to bring in Castillo has completely backfired here. I'm not sure what it was ever supposed to do, but it sure as hell is not working.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Justified
Amaro out

You know what the sad part is, Castillo will probably take the fall and that gives Reid another year.

Old
10-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
You know what the sad part is, Castillo will probably take the fall and that gives Reid another year.
I'm not so sure about that. If the Eagles finish with a sub-.500 record, I could see Reid getting gonged. There was a lot of money spent this offseason, and that Castillo move got a lot of hackles raised in the fanbase.

Now, if they finish .500 and are sniffing a playoff spot, he'd likely survive with Castillo gone. I'd be curious to see the fallout from that, TBH. I always got the impression that the plan was Castillo would be the "defensive head coach", with the position coaches running their parts and Castillo fitting them together. If they have to bring in a new DC, though, one with experience who has a system, what happens with the coaches, particularly Washburn? It will get verrrrrry interesting, I think.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. If the Eagles finish with a sub-.500 record, I could see Reid getting gonged. There was a lot of money spent this offseason, and that Castillo move got a lot of hackles raised in the fanbase.

Now, if they finish .500 and are sniffing a playoff spot, he'd likely survive with Castillo gone. I'd be curious to see the fallout from that, TBH. I always got the impression that the plan was Castillo would be the "defensive head coach", with the position coaches running their parts and Castillo fitting them together. If they have to bring in a new DC, though, one with experience who has a system, what happens with the coaches, particularly Washburn? It will get verrrrrry interesting, I think.
This has been discussed, and logically you're exactly right. Unfortunately the Eagles brass does not think logically. They do whatever the hell they want. 31 other teams would can their coaches after a sub-.500 season with a stacked roster...I've been wondering if the Eagles will...

Old
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
This has been discussed, and logically you're exactly right. Unfortunately the Eagles brass does not think logically. They do whatever the hell they want. 31 other teams would can their coaches after a sub-.500 season with a stacked roster...I've been wondering if the Eagles will...
Honestly, I don't see that they'll have much choice. The Eagles have been struggling to be that "gold standard" they see themselves as, but have salvaged something or had some excuse every year that wasn't self-inflicted (or so they could say...injuries, what have you). This year, they've just fallen apart, largely due to a stupid coaching decision. If the fans start to get unhappy, that impacts their bottom line. And owners tend to be VERY touchy about that. I certainly think there's a good chance that Reid is gone if they go 7-9 or worse this season.

Old
10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
The crazy part about this is that the Eagles are probably two serviceable offensive linemen away from being a 4-1 team, even with half a defense.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:22 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'd kill to get Vontaze Burfict on this team. An absolutely beastly playmaker at LB.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'd kill to get Vontaze Burfict on this team. An absolutely beastly playmaker at LB.
You want them to draft a linebacker in the 1st round?

If the Flyers can give a goalie $51M, I guess anything is possible.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:32 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
You want them to draft a linebacker in the 1st round?

If the Flyers can give a goalie $51M, I guess anything is possible.
Oh, I'm well aware that it'll never happen. I don't know if it's possible, but I think the Eagles(under Andy Reid at least) could be more stubborn than the Flyers in terms of what they believe is the right personnel to win a championship. I'll cling to a small bit of hope that they realize what the problem is. Hey, Andy changed his ways the last couple years to address the long-needed problem of highly drafted, young skill players. Maybe he'll have another revelation that linebackers, especially ones playing behind a Jim Washburn-coached defensive line, need to be able to tackle. But I highly doubt it.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:58 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Oh, I'm well aware that it'll never happen. I don't know if it's possible, but I think the Eagles(under Andy Reid at least) could be more stubborn than the Flyers in terms of what they believe is the right personnel to win a championship. I'll cling to a small bit of hope that they realize what the problem is. Hey, Andy changed his ways the last couple years to address the long-needed problem of highly drafted, young skill players. Maybe he'll have another revelation that linebackers, especially ones playing behind a Jim Washburn-coached defensive line, need to be able to tackle. But I highly doubt it.
To the bolded: That hasn't been in doubt for quite some time imo. It's one thing to absolutely stack a team around an average goaltender, it's another thing to add and subtract pieces whenever you feel like it, put a crap game plan together, draft crap players, and then expect the best every season without any problems.

The defensive scheme they play (the Wide 9) requires BIG Linebackers able to shed blocks and make plays. None of those things happen. And none of the LBs are big...

Old
10-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Justified
Amaro out

just lose baby. every loss is hopefully one more step of getting reid out of town.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:10 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
just lose baby. every loss is hopefully one more step of getting reid out of town.
My feelings also. I sat and laughed at the team all of last sunday, and will continue to do so until they stop sucking.

And Kelce had a lot of balls trying to say that those fans hanging the sign in Lehigh weren't real Eagles fans. Au contrare, the real Eagles fans are the ones that see issues with this team, and it starts with Andy Reid. It has for years.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:12 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
My feelings also. I sat and laughed at the team all of last sunday, and will continue to do so until they stop sucking.

And Kelce had a lot of balls trying to say that those fans hanging the sign in Lehigh weren't real Eagles fans. Au contrare, the real Eagles fans are the ones that see issues with this team, and it starts with Andy Reid. It has for years.
That wasn't Lehigh, that was at NovaCare.

And he went on WIP and attempted to apologize.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:17 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
That wasn't Lehigh, that was at NovaCare.

And he went on WIP and attempted to apologize.
Ah my bad, thanks.

Yeah I didn't hear it, gonna look for it online. Hopefully Angelo ripped him a new one (though I doubt it, he and Eskin are of the same breed...talk a big game about someone until they're in the same room). I did hear that he slipped and said the Eagles were 1-5 You HAVE to at least know your record.

edit: I just listened to it, and Angelo went at him pretty good. Kelce said all the right things though (besides the 1-5)

Last edited by sobrien: 10-16-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old
10-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

For the FF guys on here, should I start Jason Witten or Vernon Davis?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-16-2011, 11:21 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
For the FF guys on here, should I start Jason Witten or Vernon Davis?
I like Witten. I think Pats win, but Dallas should move the ball. I am starting Romo over Fitzpatrick.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

I have a feeling the Eagles will continue to disappoint, and they will disappoint people this week by winning.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
iamthewalrus

does anyone have an eagles stream?

Old
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I have a feeling the Eagles will continue to disappoint, and they will disappoint people this week by winning.
We are not the ****ing Maple Leafs. This team does not have the personnell to have a sub .500 season. Alot of it does have to do with coaching but if a team with Vick, Jackson, Maclin, Mccoy, Ashomgwah, Samuel, Babin, Jenkins, and Cole finish below .500 then they just gave up and don't have a tough enough mentality. And then we'll have some real problems.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
BrotherlyLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
does anyone have an eagles stream?
this

Closed Thread