HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal/Edmonton/Colorado proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
I have always liked Ty Conklin, but we don't need another goaltender.

Old
10-27-2005, 01:14 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
you seem offended. why don't I? anyways, i'm sorry for whatever is making you mad, hopefully you can fix it. but you didn't really read my whole post.

i was looking for your opinion, and yes, as i said, its welcome. you just didn't really give it...
Pierre Dagenais adds absolutely nothing to the current line-up.

Let us look at our left-wingers:

Alex Tanguay: I don't think there's much that needs to be said here.

Andrew Brunette: Now here's the one most people will/could question. Brunette is not a fast player, not meant for the new NHL, etc., etc... but he's still a damn better hockey player than Dagenais is. I don't care much for "size" if it's not used effectively. Dagenais plays like he's 5'7". I'm far more a fan of Brunnete's work along the boards, behind the net, _leadership_, consistency, and versatility opposed to Dagenais. Furthermore, Brunette at $800K a year for the next 2 seasons is a good deal for the Avalanche.

Steve Konowalchuk: He's currently part of arguably the best Avs line alongside Ian Laperriere and Antti Laaksonen. I'll put it very nicely by saying Konowalchuk is a better all-around hockey player than Dagenais. Kono deserves everything he gets on the ice with limited blessed skill and not as big a body as Dagenais'. The 'A' on Kono's jersey attests to that. There's no chance I consider Dagenais a better fit for our hockey club than Konowalchuk.

Brad May: For the role that this meatsauce plays on our fourth line, he is a better fit than Dagenais. May brings physicality, forechecking, tenacity, and most of all GUTS on the ice; albeit in a retarded manner. I'll take stupid aggression and physicality on my fourth line over a big, invisible, finesse guy like Dagenais.

As for preferring Bob Boughner over Dagenais...

...I am of the opinion that we'll eventually, sooner rather than later mind you, find a suitor for Boughner's services. There will be some team craving some leadership and toughness on the blue line, particularly young clubs with playoff aspirations. By this point, I think we'd be able to get a sixth or seventh round draft pick, which is better than getting Dagenais.

I'll take an excess of defensemen over an excess of forwards. _Always_.

I see absolutely no benefit whatsoever by acquiring Pierre Dagenais; sorry.

Old
10-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Marksman

I dont think Dagenais is going anywhere. Mainly because he not would fetch anything worth phone call, and he does have his role with the team. Cheap warm body in the pressbox you wont be feeling sorry for.

Old
10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
i have some pills if you'd like...?

really man, you don't need to sound so PMS-ish all the time. and you didn't really explain why you would prefer Boughner to Dagenais, i'd like to get your opinion if you want to give it.

just in my mind, with Wolski gone, we could use a big winger, whether he's proven useless in the past or not, we're not talking about Chris McAllister here. and Boughner is doing jack all sitting in our press box.
it's funny, people get thrown by a poster who is straight forward, doesn't waiver about in his ideas, and doesn't use condescending or subtle retorts...

we could use a big winger, regardless of what he's done? dagenais? sounds like mcallister to me, or as RIAL so bluntly put it, peoples' garbage

Old
10-27-2005, 12:52 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
it's funny, people get thrown by a poster who is straight forward, doesn't waiver about in his ideas, and doesn't use condescending or subtle retorts...

we could use a big winger, regardless of what he's done? dagenais? sounds like mcallister to me, or as RIAL so bluntly put it, peoples' garbage
the thing that struck me is that i still thought Dagenais had at least a *little bit* of untapped potential. i mean, didn't Jersey draft him in the 2nd round originally? there must've been a reason for that. he scored 5 points in his first 9 games in the NHL, not white-hot, but not McAllister-esque either.

and you never know when a change of scenery will improve a players play or attitude. i certainly don't see how Dagenais on the Avs is any worse than Boughner in our press-box.

Old
10-27-2005, 01:49 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
the thing that struck me is that i still thought Dagenais had at least a *little bit* of untapped potential. i mean, didn't Jersey draft him in the 2nd round originally? there must've been a reason for that. he scored 5 points in his first 9 games in the NHL, not white-hot, but not McAllister-esque either.

and you never know when a change of scenery will improve a players play or attitude. i certainly don't see how Dagenais on the Avs is any worse than Boughner in our press-box.
There's alot more to the game of hockey aside from points.

Alot more, and Pierre Dagenais offers absolutely none of it.

Old
10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:

well his draft position is irrelevant, so we can toss that out...

dagenais on the ice with solid potential to play soft, play bad defensively, and be a non contributing offensive factor is worse than bob boughner sitting on a chair in a press box not hurting his team...

Old
10-27-2005, 07:37 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
well his draft position is irrelevant, so we can toss that out...

dagenais on the ice with solid potential to play soft, play bad defensively, and be a non contributing offensive factor is worse than bob boughner sitting on a chair in a press box not hurting his team...
aight, fair enough. heaven forbid anyone should dispute...your 14,000 + posts had me cowering as it is...

Old
10-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Mizral

Quote:

Boughner becomes infinetly more useful when the Avs get an injury on their blueline and need to plug a hole. Forwards are everywhere in this league. Throw a puck and you hit a dozen of the guys. Dagenais is not quite dime a dozen, but may as well be since he has been so streaky. Boughner is a far rarer commodity, and I think Avs fans would be a little surprised what teams would be willing to pay for a bit of veteran defensive depth. Far, far more than another forward, that is for sure.

Old
10-27-2005, 08:30 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Boughner becomes infinetly more useful when the Avs get an injury on their blueline and need to plug a hole. Forwards are everywhere in this league. Throw a puck and you hit a dozen of the guys. Dagenais is not quite dime a dozen, but may as well be since he has been so streaky. Boughner is a far rarer commodity, and I think Avs fans would be a little surprised what teams would be willing to pay for a bit of veteran defensive depth. Far, far more than another forward, that is for sure.
see, thats a good argument. i never really considered the injury factor. its probably not worth taking the chance that Dagenais would start using his size.

Old
10-27-2005, 10:52 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
aight, fair enough. heaven forbid anyone should dispute...your 14,000 + posts had me cowering as it is...
What the...?

He didn't come with any condescending tone or anything like that and you feel the need to comment like this?

Grow up.

Quote:
see, thats a good argument. i never really considered the injury factor. its probably not worth taking the chance that Dagenais would start using his size.
Funny, you failed to respond to my 'good argument' but answer this one.

Any more personal insults and shots?

Old
10-27-2005, 11:44 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
What the...?

He didn't come with any condescending tone or anything like that and you feel the need to comment like this?

Grow up.
not that time he didn't, you're right. all apologies.

Quote:
Funny, you failed to respond to my 'good argument' but answer this one.

Any more personal insults and shots?
can you think of any reason why i would respond to that one and not yours? compare the two, its really not that hard. though your reasoning was equally good and logical.

nope, no personal shots, just wishing people a little less snippity around here sometimes. then again, i could probably take that medicine too. ah well, if you don't see it, i guess i'm done explainin.

Closed Thread