HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 03 @ New York Islanders

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 4 4.40%
Brian Boyle 1 1.10%
Ryan Callahan 1 1.10%
Michael Del Zotto 15 16.48%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.10%
Tim Erixon 3 3.30%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 68 74.73%
Dan Girardi 6 6.59%
Henrik Lundqvist 43 47.25%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.20%
Brandon Prust 4 4.40%
Brad Richards 40 43.96%
Derek Stepan 29 31.87%
Other 5 5.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
This game sucked sausage.

They gotta get their heads outta their ****ing ***** during the upcoming trip to Canada. One win might get this team going.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
This game sucked sausage.

They gotta get their heads outta their ****ing ***** during the upcoming trip to Canada. One win might get this team going.
The Rangers last won a game in Vancouver on October 1, 1997... sooooo it may not be reasonable to expect them to figure out the rules of hockey until they get to Alberta.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Ola

Ouch, Torts out-coached pretty badly again. The Islanders were just more organized than we were, and gave up less and created more because of it. Torts needs to at least get this team to a level were he is not a big handicap for it.

Overall, its very positive to see the Stepan-Richards-Gabby unit play well. To be honest I am definitely not sure that BR and Gabby can get something going together, but they were good last night, albeit against one of the worst teams in the league.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Ouch, Torts out-coached pretty badly again. The Islanders were just more organized than we were, and gave up less and created more because of it. Torts needs to at least get this team to a level were he is not a big handicap for it.

Overall, its very positive to see the Stepan-Richards-Gabby unit play well. To be honest I am definitely not sure that BR and Gabby can get something going together, but they were good last night, albeit against one of the worst teams in the league.
What is with this "worst team in the league" stuff about the Islanders? It smacks of not respecting an opponent. And if they're one of the worst teams in this league, then what are we? ...because they kicked the **** out of us and didn't look like they got too worn out doing it.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 10-16-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: making it less mean
Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

I agree on Torts being out-coached and the team looking disorganized, but I think BR and Gaborik already have more chemistry than Gaborik has had with anyone not named Prospal. Richards is a playmaker always looking for someon, Gaborik is his go to guy. The 2nd line really needs to step it up and play some hockey asap.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
The Rangers last won a game in Vancouver on October 1, 1997... sooooo it may not be reasonable to expect them to figure out the rules of hockey until they get to Alberta.
Yeah, that's not good news. Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary should be somewhat beatable though. But you never know with this team...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
The Rangers just looked absolutely gassed for the entire 3rd. Girardi was slacking, our defense was exposed god knows how many times, and they failed just about 10 times out of 10 on the dump and chase in the 3rd. Isles had them on their heels the whole time and they really looked like they were just done with trying at that point.

And 7 penalties? WTF was Gaby doing taking that hooking call? Boyle on the delay of game? Some of the penalties were bogus, like what should have been goalie interference on the Isles I think in the 2nd, but when you take 7 penalties and spend nearly the entire 2nd on the kill, you have to tighten up and change the plan a little.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Pizza

News flash: Three games in, Rangers season over. Fans poised on window ledges across tri-state area.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
News flash: Three games in, Rangers season over. Fans poised on window ledges across tri-state area.
News at 11?

It's okay, people. Step away form the ledge.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:00 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Some of you need to take a deep breath and realize we are 3 games in.

We have 79 games remaining.

They will get it together, this group of players has too much talent.

10-16-2011, 11:11 AM
JimmyStart*

Three huge ref calls. Boyle obviously was one of the most horrendous calls I've ever seen. Led to the 2nd goal and since we lost by 1 goald that was enormous. The cally tripping somehow called intereference. Not calling interference on the Isles.

Refs had a definitive impact on the game =Refs get the redden.

That said we are taking way too many legitamate penalties. If we had not taken somemof these
A) our PKers would be using their energy for 5 on 5 instead they look half dead 5 on 5.

B) Our 5 on 5 killed and we need more of it

C) we wouldnt give up PP goals.

The penalties are murdering this team which is a rarity. I will still continue to chalk it up to being out of synch...but they have in my eyes until next sunday to start fixing it or ill; be pissed.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

If they look like that against Vancouver we'll lose 9-0

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Some of you need to take a deep breath and realize we are 3 games in.

We have 79 games remaining.

They will get it together, this group of players has too much talent.
Look if Marek Malik gives away three straight games to start the season, people would be pissed.

If John Tortorella gives away three straight games, people are pissed.

We are clearly loosing against better organized teams, and Torts are in that sense out-coached game after game after game. Of course people will comment on it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Rupp was awful again last night.

Just sayin'.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Not having Staal is a huge disadvantage, we need the guy in our line up. Period

Not to mention Sauer. He's got to play next week too.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Rupp was awful again last night.

Just sayin'.
Barely given any time.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

It's just a three-game losing streak during the season. It just happens to be in the beginning.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Voted Hank, Gabby, Richards.

Saw some great things from that top line and was very impressed with MDZ's play. Hank played great, as usual.

The penalties need to stop. I am not one to blame the refs, maybe there was an iffy call or two, but we are still taking some dumb ass penalties.

Only 3 games in, I cant stand the whole giving up on the season as I expected to see here. Still got faith in this team, and looking forward to our west coast trip.

Edit: Ahhhh I hate Torts, screwing over the lines already!! He is a joke....Ohh wait we were on a penalty kill??

To much over reacting on these boards...Just saying.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Voted Hank, Gabby, Richards.

Saw some great things from that top line and was very impressed with MDZ's play. Hank played great, as usual.

The penalties need to stop. I am not one to blame the refs, maybe there was an iffy call or two, but we are still taking some dumb ass penalties.

Only 3 games in, I cant stand the whole giving up on the season as I expected to see here. Still got faith in this team, and looking forward to our west coast trip.

Edit: Ahhhh I hate Torts, screwing over the lines already!! He is a joke....Ohh wait we were on a penalty kill??

To much over reacting on these boards...Just saying.
That was hilarious...At least a page dedicated to whining about it.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

the Redden: def the refs. really got hosed and with some double standard calls. the one on Boyle was such BS. If the Ref closest to the play doesn't call it, how does the ref on the other side of the ice come in and step on his toes like that? They need to go back to one on ice ref and maybe create a limited off ice ref role, maybe the off ice ref can call majors like linesmen can and has a wireless to the on-ice ref to let him know what's going on behind him. The Cally goalie interference call i could have lived with if they applied it fairly to the Isle's non-call. but they didn't so it was also BS.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
a week off, and then a west coast trip. damn the construction

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Exactly.

But some Rangers fans found a whipping boy to their liking last year and they are not going to let it go.
Agree 100%. Del Zotto was very good. We are seeing the exact opposite with Prust and Boyle; neither one of these guys can accept a stretch pass which leads to tons of turnovers. They need to play 4th line minutes because that's what they are. I like them both but this fan base builds them up to be way more than they are; the opposite of the way they treat Del Zotto. btw, Avery and Hagelin would improve the third line and our penalty killing.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Bardof425*

I would go to war with the following:

Stepan Richards Gaborik
Dubi Ani Calli
Avery Newbury Hagelin
Feds Boyle Prust

Rupp as the 13th forward.

bye bye WW and EC; soft and unproductive. This lineup would play with a ton of energy, Hagelin takes some of the PK pressure off our top two liners and we would score enough to win especially once our D is back in tact and most imporantly there are no spectators in this group.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I would go to war with the following:

Stepan Richards Gaborik
Dubi Ani Calli
Avery Newbury Hagelin
Feds Boyle Prust

Rupp as the 13th forward.

bye bye WW and EC; soft and unproductive. This lineup would play with a ton of energy, Hagelin takes some of the PK pressure off our top two liners and we would score enough to win especially once our D is back in tact and most imporantly there are no spectators in this group.
Where do Wolski and Christensen go?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I needed a day off from the whining around here. Sometimes I wonder how long some of you people have been sports fans. Jesus.

Anyway, at some point, Tortorella just needs to tell the guys that anything that could possibly be construed as a penalty will be called as such. To a degree, there's a discipline problem, but I'm going to have some give some of the guys involved in ticky-tack penalties the benefit of the doubt and just accept that they either don't understand how the game is being called or the expectations of the officials.

Address the problem of having to kill off too many penalties, then make an assessment of the team's performance.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote