HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#4|Oct 15, 2011|Kings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-16-2011, 01:30 AM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Hi guys. Unfortunately I had to work tonight. How did we do overall? An OT loss can't be that bad right? Looks like Rinaldo had a sick hit. How were his fights? Looks like a feisty game. Here Richards was booed. Was it in a good way or a bad way?

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:11 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
Quick question for all the people that were so concerned about Richards and really hoping he had a good game: Are you happy now?
I am.
Not just because I am happy for the guy because he clearly has found a team and a place he likes and will probably grow to love, but also because I wanted to know if he's just my favorite player because I am a stupid homer or because he really is that unique mix of a player. It's the latter.

I like when players fit to certain teams and cities and, while I have my doubts about Carter and Carcillo fitting in, I think Richards is the perfect fit for this team and the way they want to play. He was that kind of guy for us too.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Yeah I'm happy Richards had a nice game. So the Flyers lost a point, big deal. Richards wasn't everything people wanted him to be and a lot has been said of his off ice habits, but once the puck dropped, we got everything he had for better or worse. I appreciate that.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:22 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Hi guys. Unfortunately I had to work tonight. How did we do overall? An OT loss can't be that bad right? Looks like Rinaldo had a sick hit. How were his fights? Looks like a feisty game. Here Richards was booed. Was it in a good way or a bad way?
Team certainly played well enough to win it. IMO Quick stole a game for the Kings. Rinaldo made a good hit and then Dustin Penner had a **** fit. Rinaldo and Westgarth got chippy, got misconducts and that led to him being benched. He fought well. Richards got a standing ovation in the first period when they announced his name, then got booed each time he touched the puck afterwards. He was received well.

10-16-2011, 03:23 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Yeah I'm happy Richards had a nice game. So the Flyers lost a point, big deal. Richards wasn't everything people wanted him to be and a lot has been said of his off ice habits, but once the puck dropped, we got everything he had for better or worse. I appreciate that.
Me too bud. Watching Mike out there in purple and white made me a little bit sad. Simmonds is nice and will be a great player, but Mike was my favorite player for a reason.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:48 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Why the **** are they booing Richards?
No idea - it makes no sense to boo him. He did not ask to be traded. It was us shipping him out of town... they do not seem to boo Gagne or Williams though.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:58 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
No idea - it makes no sense to boo him. He did not ask to be traded. It was us shipping him out of town... they do not seem to boo Gagne or Williams though.
Jesus. Has anyone here watched hockey before? It happens (almost) every time a beloved player first returns to play against the team he used to play for. He gets his big ovation, and everyone shows their love. Then when the puck drops and said player touches the puck, the crowd boos him. Do you really think the boos are that hostile? It's funny! Grow a sense of humor! Mats Sundin had the same thing happen in his first game back Toronto as a Nuck. It was hilarious.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Jesus. Has anyone here watched hockey before? It happens (almost) every time a beloved player first returns to play against the team he used to play for. He gets his big ovation, and everyone shows their love. Then when the puck drops and said player touches the puck, the crowd boos him. Do you really think the boos are that hostile? It's funny! Grow a sense of humor! Mats Sundin had the same thing happen in his first game back Toronto as a Nuck. It was hilarious.
In Philly, the boo is the greatest compliment another player can receive. We don't boo bums, we only boo the greats. I think we Booed richie because the fans knew he could hurt us.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
In Philly, the boo is the greatest compliment another player can receive. We don't boo bums, we only boo the greats. I think we Booed richie because the fans knew he could hurt us.
Nah, we'll boo anybody. But yeah, we certainly didn't boo Richie cause he sucks.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:46 AM
G Money

So we need a face off guy real bad. I hope Brayden is good at them cuz he seems like our last hope.

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:49 AM
FlyersFan61290

real happy for richie but still sucks the flyers lost. biggest problem continues to be the penalties, i mean there were long stretches were briere, jagr, voracek, jvr and even giroux didn't see the ice. something needs to be done.

oh and the fans that were booing richards whenever he touched the puck are morons. he didn't ask to be traded, he didn't leave as a free agent for more money and he didn't completely destroy his relationship with management because i've never seen a GM get as emotional about trading a player as Homer.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:35 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

If you see Rinaldo out of the lineup, it will most likely for an even more useless player in Shelley

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:20 AM
TOCxNJ

Not sure how everyone else feels...but one thing I have to say about this team is that they don't seem to be taking as many shifts off as they have the last couple of years. I feel like mostly everyone is keeping their feet moving and giving effort (even though there are definitely some mistakes that need to be worked on).

This game wasn't the prettiest, but at least we got a point out of it.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
real happy for richie but still sucks the flyers lost. biggest problem continues to be the penalties, i mean there were long stretches were briere, jagr, voracek, jvr and even giroux didn't see the ice. something needs to be done.

oh and the fans that were booing richards whenever he touched the puck are morons. he didn't ask to be traded, he didn't leave as a free agent for more money and he didn't completely destroy his relationship with management because i've never seen a GM get as emotional about trading a player as Homer.
I boo'ed him. I also cheered him before the game, but if someone is not on the Flyers then they are the enemy, so I damn well let him know it.

He played great last night and it cost us the game. Why would I not boo a performance like that?

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Hollywood Couturier

They weren't kidding when they said they would give him a "moment" to acknowledge Richie.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Doyle

Trading Places: Reactions to Simmonds and Richards First Game Against Former Teams
http://nhlhotstove.com/trading-place...-former-teams/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

I had a serious problem with the booing of Richards. There is no need to boo the guy every time he touches the puck. The guy did a lot of this Flyers organization. The guy spilled a lot of blooed, sweat and he busted his ass for the the flyer organization. It would have been one thing if he acted like Lindros. But he didnt. He never demanded a trade. not once.
Richards was treated like Sidney Crosby. pathetic.
But I really shouldnt be suprised by how some fans in this organization act.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I had a serious problem with the booing of Richards. There is no need to boo the guy every time he touches the puck. The guy did a lot of this Flyers organization. The guy spilled a lot of blooed, sweat and he busted his ass for the the flyer organization. It would have been one thing if he acted like Lindros. But he didnt. He never demanded a trade. not once.
shut up. dont be so sentimental. He didnt win a cup here. He is now the enemy. This is how it works. He gets 5.7 mil a year to get booed in enemy territory. you must've bought his jersey or somethin

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

I just don't get it apparently. Richards was my favorite player at one time too. But when his commitment and desire seemed to slip away my interest in him as a player slipped away too. He's not a Flyer any more so I don't get why there's so much love for the guy. He didn't look like he cared in a Flyers uniform since the Eastern Conference Finals in 2010. I hope he turns his career around and gets back to the way he used to be. If he does then I'll start liking him again. But there were people on here wishing he would get a hat trick last night. I think it's dumb to say you want the Flyers to win 4-3 and Richards gets a hat trick. Wish him luck when he plays other times but when he's playing us I want the Flyers to shut him and his team out. I was a Flyers fan before I was a Richards fan.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:43 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
shut up. dont be so sentimental. He didnt win a cup here. He is now the enemy. This is how it works. He gets 5.7 mil a year to get booed in enemy territory. you must've bought his jersey or somethin
did the Flyer fans boo Gagne or Justin Williams every time they touched the puck?
How many former Flyers have played against us and I dont think they got that treatment. Not even the great Eric Lindros recieved that kind of treatment when he came back here in an opposing sweater.
I have many jerseys. Richards is one of them.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
did the Flyer fans boo Gagne or Justin Williams every time they touched the puck?
How many former Flyers have played against us and I dont think they got that treatment. Not even the great Eric Lindros recieved that kind of treatment when he came back here in an opposing sweater.
You can look at it like it's disrespectful, but in my mind what you just said kind of confirms that they booed him because of his skill level.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:24 PM
starbuck97

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
I just don't get it apparently. Richards was my favorite player at one time too. But when his commitment and desire seemed to slip away my interest in him as a player slipped away too. He's not a Flyer any more so I don't get why there's so much love for the guy. He didn't look like he cared in a Flyers uniform since the Eastern Conference Finals in 2010. I hope he turns his career around and gets back to the way he used to be. If he does then I'll start liking him again. But there were people on here wishing he would get a hat trick last night. I think it's dumb to say you want the Flyers to win 4-3 and Richards gets a hat trick. Wish him luck when he plays other times but when he's playing us I want the Flyers to shut him and his team out. I was a Flyers fan before I was a Richards fan.
Great Post. My thoughts exactly.

starbuck97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
You can look at it like it's disrespectful, but in my mind what you just said kind of confirms that they booed him because of his skill level.
Substitute 'Sidney Crosby' for 'Sean Avery' and decide if that's any different.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
PhillyFlying

these last two games have been out of control with the amount of penalties being called. it's impossible to establish a rhythm when the game is played entirely by special teams.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:12 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
I was at the game and he got a standing ovation. did gagne or williams get one? No.
and that's because they werent captains of the Flyers. Gags deserves more respect from us as far as im concerned because he played here longer and was a part of more than just one or 2 playoffs runs. He was a part of 4 actually. Richards was a flash in the pan. We didnt get anywhere with him until we got a real leader like Pronger. That's why i dont care. He's a decent player but get over him. He's a little overrated. Unless your Piere mcguire. Are you? Pierre?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote