HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Pedialyte??

Old
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
doug5984

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Pedialyte??

I think I saw it on this forum but couldn't find it....

Does anyone drink pedialyte instead of gatorade/powerade?

A guy on my team does this all the time- and he suggested it, I've heard of pro athletes doing this as well.

Is this something you drink before, during or after? If before the game, how early before? I know you want to give it some time to get into your system.

I think I want to try it for my game tonight

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:19 PM
hlrsr

Never tried it myself, but I heard it's great for hangovers.

That's all I have to add.

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Thepandamancan

It's basically just like gatorade, but with less sugar. It's more akin to the old formula of gatorade, which was a lot of sodium and electrolytes. The modern gatorade formula relies on sugar to give you that boost, which is great...but it's kinda like eating chocolate and getting a sugar rush, not the purest energy source.

I would treat it just like you would gatorade. What people forget is that hydration begins before the game, so drink it before, during, and after. Pedialyte is probably better before and after though.

I stick to gatorade during my games. I remember as a kid having to drink pedialyte when I had the stomach flu and it tasted bad. Hopefully they've changed that.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepandamancan View Post
It's basically just like gatorade, but with less sugar. It's more akin to the old formula of gatorade, which was a lot of sodium and electrolytes. The modern gatorade formula relies on sugar to give you that boost, which is great...but it's kinda like eating chocolate and getting a sugar rush, not the purest energy source.

I would treat it just like you would gatorade. What people forget is that hydration begins before the game, so drink it before, during, and after. Pedialyte is probably better before and after though.

I stick to gatorade during my games. I remember as a kid having to drink pedialyte when I had the stomach flu and it tasted bad. Hopefully they've changed that.
I got the girlfriend to pick some up for me, it still tastes bad. I'll try to drink a good bit before, then some after. During I'll stick to wate

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just buy the $5 tub of Gatorade powder and mix it half strength. Tastes way better and cheaper.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote