HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread II

Old
10-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Toffoli's playing great. He just seems to be on a level above everyone else when it comes to puck handling and slowing the pace down in the offensive zone. He also had a huge hit today

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Michael Schumacher with another productive night. He had 1 goal and 2 assists for the Soo, as they won 6-5. He's now ticking a point per game, with 4 goals and 4 assists in 8 games.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Toffoli, Schumacher and Weal are in action tonight.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Schumacher had a goal and got into a fight

Toffoli with an assist

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Firenze
Robynho

Kitsyn still playing in the Novokuznetsk's fourth line, about 8 minutes per game.

Firenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:54 PM
tomd

Our prospects are doing great!!

Schenn with a hat trick and #1 star
Teubert with GWG and #1 star

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post

You're right, they are.

Toffoli: 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 games.
Schumacher: 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 games (not bad for an OHL rookie who just turned 18)
Forbort: 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games
Loktionov: 4 assists in 3 games and a +4
Jones: 1.34 GAA and .950 SV%

But go ahead and continue whining about how Lombardi depleted the system.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:

Is that in the NHL?

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
You're right, they are.

Toffoli: 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 games.
Schumacher: 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 games (not bad for an OHL rookie who just turned 18)
Forbort: 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games
Loktionov: 4 assists in 3 games and a +4
Jones: 1.34 GAA and .950 SV%

But go ahead and continue whining about how Lombardi depleted the system.
Really like what the race car driver is doing. He even got into a fight last night. And I'm glad lokti is playing well, I saw highlights from his 3 assist game last week and the kid has a constant smile on his face. He'll be a full time king soon.

Old
10-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Really like what the race car driver is doing. He even got into a fight last night. And I'm glad lokti is playing well, I saw highlights from his 3 assist game last week and the kid has a constant smile on his face. He'll be a full time king soon.
Especially if the Kings' offense continues to look (mostly) stagnant. I really hope Lokti gets a chance soon, and I hate that there is so much opposition within the organization to play him at wing. He may not have been great at it for 10 games or whatever it was last season, but he's still young and learning how to play wing is not terribly hard.

Old
10-15-2011, 06:29 PM
William H Bonney

I caught the North Dakota game last night. Forbort looked really good.

10-15-2011, 07:16 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Is that in the NHL?
hmmm...let me scan the last 2 box scores for a Richards or Penner sighting...

Old
10-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I'm sure the Kings would be 3-0-0 with Schenn and Teubert in the lineup.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Toffoli has 2+1 tonight.
Schumacher potted one as well.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 10-15-2011 at 09:57 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:49 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
yea me too. I just dont understand how someone as old as Schumacher can still play in juniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:12 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Colten is such a rock, Edm has the worse defense in the league, and its having injury issues and he is still in the minors 4 years after getting drafted.

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
How about the primary assist of both GW goals this season? Nah, that's too easy.

Penner cost the Kings Teubert and a late first, not a big loss. Kings would have Muzzin, Hickey, Voynov, and others ahead of him on the depth chart. Forbert is probably ahead of him too.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:51 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How about the primary assist of both GW goals this season? Nah, that's too easy.

Penner cost the Kings Teubert and a late first, not a big loss. Kings would have Muzzin, Hickey, Voynov, and others ahead of him on the depth chart. Forbert is probably ahead of him too.
Now if only the Kings can get to OT and have a 4-3 advantage every game this year. Otherwise, 1 point in 4 games.

Regarding the Penner trade, organizational assets are precious commodities. Giving up a prospect like Teubert and a 1st round pick (which fetched a VERY good player for Edmonton I might add) is just a waste.

But you guys keep drinking the Lombardi kool-aid.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Why you talking about Schenn still? He's already been replaced by Lokti.

Old
10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Now if only the Kings can get to OT and have a 4-3 advantage every game this year. Otherwise, 1 point in 4 games.

Regarding the Penner trade, organizational assets are precious commodities. Giving up a prospect like Teubert and a 1st round pick (which fetched a VERY good player for Edmonton I might add) is just a waste.

But you guys keep drinking the Lombardi kool-aid.
Are you seriously taking away points from Richards because the KINGS AS A TEAM didn't win the game in regulation? Get a grip. You realize Richards scored the huge goal to get the Kings to overtime in the first game of the season, right?

And you're seriously getting ******** over losing Teubert, who was clearly passed by (or never in front of in the first place) numerous players on the depth chart (Muzzin, Hickey, Forbort, Voynov, Martinez, Deslauriers...to name a few)?

The Kings' depth chart sure looks barren after not having that first round pick this year. Heaven forbid they actually make solid picks in later rounds (Shumacher for one). You sound like a bitter, old, and senile man who wants the Kings to be perpetually stuck in a rebuild. Lombardi said all along that he would trade picks and prospects IF THE RIGHT PLAYER CAME ALONG. He did exactly that. If you didn't notice this (or purposefully ignored it) that's your own damn fault.

You completely failed to acknowledge the fact that the Kings still have one of the best farm systems in the league, despite being considered one of the better teams in the NHL. Not only are these prospects still highly regarded, but they're performing this season, too. I pointed that out yesterday and you blatantly ignored it to carry on with your irrational propaganda.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 10-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Are you seriously taking away points from Richards because the KINGS AS A TEAM didn't win the game in regulation? Get a grip. You realize Richards scored the huge goal to get the Kings to overtime in the first game of the season, right?

And you're seriously getting ******** over losing Teubert, who was clearly passed by (or never in front of in the first place) numerous players on the depth chart (Muzzin, Hickey, Forbort, Voynov, Martinez, Deslauriers...to name a few)?

The Kings' depth chart sure looks barren after not having that first round pick this year. Heaven forbid they actually make solid picks in later rounds (Shumacher for one). You sound like a bitter, old, and senile man who wants the Kings to be perpetually stuck in a rebuild. Lombardi said all along that he would trade picks and prospects IF THE RIGHT PLAYER CAME ALONG. He did exactly that. If you didn't notice this (or purposefully ignored it) that's your own damn fault.

You completely failed to acknowledge the fact that the Kings still have one of the best farm systems in the league, despite being considered one of the better teams in the NHL. Not only are these prospects still highly regarded, but they're performing this season, too. I pointed that out yesterday and you blatantly ignored it to carry on with your irrational propaganda.
Nice rant...now the other side to the story.

Richards has 1 point in 4 games excluding the two 4-3 OT assists. Of course, his wingers suck but then again, another reason not to make the deal at this point in the franchise's development curve. His talents will be wasted all year except on the PP and PK.

The Kings have NOT replaced Simmonds on the 3rd line or have you noticed how atrocious the 3rd and 4th lines are now?

Was Penner the RIGHT player to come along? Sure doesn't look like it so far.

Was Richards the right player? Maybe - but what was the point with Schenn so close?

Loktionov has nowhere to play in the Kings line-up. He is NOT a winger and never will be one. With Kopitar-Richards-Stoll in the lineup, Loktionov is buried in the AHL.

Best farm systems in the NHL? By whose standards...yours? Certainly HF doesn't think so judging by only Bernier showing up in their top 50 prospects list a couple of weeks ago. Other than Voynov and Loktionov, there is no one in juniors or Manchester who is even CLOSE to being an NHL player. And Toffoli is as likely to be the next Corey Locke as the next Corey Perry. Schumaker? come on...a nice start but he is a long long ways away. Same with Forbort although I do like him (would have preferred Tarasenko at the draft spot though).

As for your ad hominen personal attacks, I'll let the moderators deal with that. I assume they are not wearing the purple colored glasses so much that they will tolerate your tantrum.

Old
10-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Giving up a prospect like Teubert and a 1st round pick (which fetched a VERY good player for Edmonton I might add) is just a waste.

I'm sorry. I guess Lombardi didn't realize you were good buddies with Oscar Klefbom. Next time, he'll consult you on the matter rather than harvesting your scorn.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Nice rant...now the other side to the story.

Richards has 1 point in 4 games excluding the two 4-3 OT assists. Of course, his wingers suck but then again, another reason not to make the deal at this point in the franchise's development curve. His talents will be wasted all year except on the PP and PK.

The Kings have NOT replaced Simmonds on the 3rd line or have you noticed how atrocious the 3rd and 4th lines are now?

Was Penner the RIGHT player to come along? Sure doesn't look like it so far.

Was Richards the right player? Maybe - but what was the point with Schenn so close?

Loktionov has nowhere to play in the Kings line-up. He is NOT a winger and never will be one. With Kopitar-Richards-Stoll in the lineup, Loktionov is buried in the AHL.

Best farm systems in the NHL? By whose standards...yours? Certainly HF doesn't think so judging by only Bernier showing up in their top 50 prospects list a couple of weeks ago. Other than Voynov and Loktionov, there is no one in juniors or Manchester who is even CLOSE to being an NHL player. And Toffoli is as likely to be the next Corey Locke as the next Corey Perry. Schumaker? come on...a nice start but he is a long long ways away. Same with Forbort although I do like him (would have preferred Tarasenko at the draft spot though).

As for your ad hominen personal attacks, I'll let the moderators deal with that. I assume they are not wearing the purple colored glasses so much that they will tolerate your tantrum.
First of all, why trade for Richards when Schenn is so close? Well then, Richards is leaps and bounds better than Schenn right now and probably always will be. Even if Schenn hits and scores as much as Rick, he won't bring the same energy and mental toughness that Richards brings. And the Kings have a multitude of RW's that can replace Simmonds soon. You have Kozun, Toffoli, Vey, and Jordan Nolan, two of which would probably be on an NHL team right now. We filled a huge hole by creating a minor one. Notice how Kopitar has been much better since Richards has come along. You think that'd be the case with Schenn? Hell no.

And how can you say the Penner trade was a bad one right now? Teubert would have never made it (sorry, just plain fact) and Klefbom is years and years away from being a regular in an NHL lineup. And who's to say he would've beat out Deslauriers, Muzzin, Campbell, Hickey, Voynov, etc.? Penner hasn't done much since he's been here, but give him a chance. He has all the tools in the world. And even if he doesn't turn out well, big whoop, we gave up Teubert and Klefbom. Big ****ing deal.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
no name

Schenn isn't in the NHL..... again. You know who beat Schenn out of a roster spot in Philly? Two rookie forwards. He's missing something.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Master Yoda
Master Deano

Quote:
Richards has 1 point in 4 games excluding the two 4-3 OT assists.
I don't understand... since when does OT points not count?
John Tavares has 0 points excluding the last two games. See, I can do that too.
Plus I'd rather have good NHL players than good prospects.

Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote