HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

10/25 - Bell returned to Whale

Old
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
ShutThePuckUp
Custom User Title

vCash: 500
They were outplayed by EC and Rupp.

ShutThePuckUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Id actually care a little bit if either Zuccarello or Avery were any good
no body cares

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
If Zuccarello is sent down, and Avery isn't up, especially with injuries with Wolski, Staal and Sauer, how can anyone defend Tortorella and say that Avery being in CT is a salary cap decision? It's clearly a personal Tortorella grudge. Absurd.
torts is a scum bag. i like him as a coach but a real scum **** of a person

Old
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
If Zuccarello is sent down, and Avery isn't up, especially with injuries with Wolski, Staal and Sauer, how can anyone defend Tortorella and say that Avery being in CT is a salary cap decision? It's clearly a personal Tortorella grudge. Absurd.
what? i'm not a defender but if Avery is called up, that is bad for our cap. Clearly your logic is flawed. If Avery's salary was less than Newbury, Kolarik, et al, then you would have a point. I'm not saying Torts doesn't dislike Avery but this does not back that up in any way.

n8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
chip chipperson*

it seems like the last spot was between zucc wolski christensen and avery. all of those guys have trouble producing (avery to a lesser extent). but you still notice avery when hes not scoring. that should be averys spot. since torts killed averys career i hope newbury gets to keep it.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
what? i'm not a defender but if Avery is called up, that is bad for our cap. Clearly your logic is flawed. If Avery's salary was less than Newbury, Kolarik, et al, then you would have a point. I'm not saying Torts doesn't dislike Avery but this does not back that up in any way.
What?

We just sent down Zuccarello who makes 1.75 mil. Avery makes 1.9 mil. You're telling me we don't have room for the 150k difference and that's why Newbury was called up over Avery? Really?

Not to mention Wolski, Staal, and Sauer are all injured. If Staal goes on LTIR, that's another 4mil.

My logic is flawed? Hahahhahaha. K.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
it seems like the last spot was between zucc wolski christensen and avery. all of those guys have trouble producing (avery to a lesser extent). but you still notice avery when hes not scoring. that should be averys spot. since torts killed averys career i hope newbury gets to keep it.
the Newbury call up also makes sense given that Stepan is on LW now. some depth at C is good. Newbury also has 8 points in 4 games so he has certainly earned his call up.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudde View Post
They were outplayed by EC and Rupp.
Who has Rupp outplayed? This guy has been INVISIBLE in every match.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
the Newbury call up also makes sense given that Stepan is on LW now. some depth at C is good. Newbury also has 8 points in 4 games so he has certainly earned his call up.
negative. newbury is a 4th liner really nothing more on this team. that doesnt really give us depth.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
What?

We just sent down Zuccarello who makes 1.75 mil. Avery makes 1.9 mil. You're telling me we don't have room for the 150k difference and that's why Newbury was called up over Avery? Really?

Not to mention Wolski, Staal, and Sauer are all injured. If Staal goes on LTIR, that's another 4mil.

My logic is flawed? Hahahhahaha. K.
i'm not sure about this but doesn't Avery come up at full salary now that he's gone through waviers? Dallas certainly is off the hook for their half (thus their cap floor issues). None of our guys are on LTIR yet so there are no cap savings there yet. And even if they do, it's not like their cap hit automatically disappears. You are just allowed to use emergency replacement but the numbers situation gets dicey then. IF they go on LTIR, maybe then but no way before. Plus, what has Avery done in the AHL that is more impressive then Newbury's 8 points in 4 games? We only have a little over $1M in cap space, so even if he comes back up at $1.9M yes that extra 150k is extremely important if Sather wants to acquire a big salaried UFA at the trade deadline. Again I am not a Avery defender, but you seem to be an Avery man-crushing fan-boy.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:55 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I love this. The same things that were said about Parenteau are being said about Zuke.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
negative. newbury is a 4th liner really nothing more on this team. that doesnt really give us depth.
look chippy, the alternative is EC as your 4th line center. He's better on wing and Newbury really earned this call up. what's your boner man?

Old
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
HAPPY HOUR

I must be nutz. I like Kris Newburys game.

Rupp Newbury Avery would certainly add some nice pop for a line that will get no more than 3-5 mins a night anyway. But looks like Torts is done with Sean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcTvRfp4PQ

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
look chippy, the alternative is EC as your 4th line center. He's better on wing and Newbury really earned this call up. what's your boner man?
its chip or chippah.

take who ever you want and throw them in that 4th line spot, that doesnt mean we have depth. you would be better off saying we have depth because 2 guys that are centers are playing wing. not because we called up newbury.

and this site never gives me a boner.

ever

Old
10-16-2011, 04:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I love this. The same things that were said about Parenteau are being said about Zuke.
If MZA was playing with a guy like John Tavares all night he'd be racking up the points at a PPG pace.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
i'm not sure about this but doesn't Avery come up at full salary now that he's gone through waviers? Dallas certainly is off the hook for their half (thus their cap floor issues). None of our guys are on LTIR yet so there are no cap savings there yet. And even if they do, it's not like their cap hit automatically disappears. You are just allowed to use emergency replacement but the numbers situation gets dicey then. IF they go on LTIR, maybe then but no way before. Plus, what has Avery done in the AHL that is more impressive then Newbury's 8 points in 4 games? We only have a little over $1M in cap space, so even if he comes back up at $1.9M yes that extra 150k is extremely important if Sather wants to acquire a big salaried UFA at the trade deadline. Again I am not a Avery defender, but you seem to be an Avery man-crushing fan-boy.
I'm laughing now.

You are a complete genius. I guess that makes you qualified to be our next coach, as long as you can yell.

No, Avery does not come up at full salary.

No, Dallas is not off the hook whatsoever, unless some team claims Avery on the way up (up or down he still has a 1.9 hit for any team who claimed him, so if nobody claimed him going down, nobody will claim him going up).

Maybe you should have a CLUE about how the CBA works before telling me that MY logic is flawed.

And how exactly do I seem like an Avery fanboy? I'm just a person with a brain. I'd rather have Sean Avery in the lineup than Kris Newbury or Eric Christensen. My goodness, is that really a groundbreaking thought? I'm anti-Tortorella.

Because of the unfair treatment of Sean by the refs, I'd prefer he wasn't on the team, but with wolski's injury and Zuccarello sent down, there's absolutely no legitimate reason why Sean Avery should not be in the lineup, especially considering he was one of the fastest, most in-shape players in training camp.

Old
10-16-2011, 04:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
its chip or chippah.

take who ever you want and throw them in that 4th line spot, that doesnt mean we have depth. you would be better off saying we have depth because 2 guys that are centers are playing wing. not because we called up newbury.

and this site never gives me a boner.

ever
depth, boners, whatever you want to call it chippy.
on the 4th line, Newbury fits better than MZA. I would prefer MZA over EC (but better to get MZA the ice time so he can find his game). I would prefer Avery over EC. still, if he costs the full $4M cap hit, that will never happen. If not, Rupp-Newbury-Avery would be a nice 4th line combo. Who knows what's gonna happen with Wolski back. since he's not the best 2-way player, he's gonna be an odd cog in it all. If he's not playing on the top line, we should really shop him around.

Old
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
depth, boners, whatever you want to call it chippy.
on the 4th line, Newbury fits better than MZA. I would prefer MZA over EC (but better to get MZA the ice time so he can find his game). I would prefer Avery over EC. still, if he costs the full $4M cap hit, that will never happen. If not, Rupp-Newbury-Avery would be a nice 4th line combo. Who knows what's gonna happen with Wolski back. since he's not the best 2-way player, he's gonna be an odd cog in it all. If he's not playing on the top line, we should really shop him around.
this is just getting uncomfortable

Old
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Perhaps Avery's personality has no place int his lockerroom, because let's be honest, that's probably the main reason he's found himself in Connecticut to begin with.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Perhaps Avery's personality has no place int his lockerroom, because let's be honest, that's probably the main reason he's found himself in Connecticut to begin with.
Yea, let's be honest.

Avery owns a bar with our best player.

Avery recently vacationed with arguably our second best player.

Who on the current roster has ever had a problem with avery's personality that we know about?

You're talking out of your anus, sir.

If Sather didn't want Avery on the team because of his detrimental nature simply due to the fact that he's treated unfairly by the refs and there's no way around it, then I would have to think he wouldn't have been invited to the pro camp at all, ala wade redden.

Given the current circumstances, as ive stated ad nauseum in this thread already, I have to conclude that Tortorella is just holding a personal grudge against Avery. Either that or Kris Newbury is actually a better player than Sean Avery. I'll let you decide which of those sounds more plausible.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
NikC

Quote:
Yea, let's be honest.

Avery owns a bar with our best player.

Avery recently vacationed with arguably our second best player.

Who on the current roster has ever had a problem with avery's personality that we know about?

You're talking out of your anus, sir.

If Sather didn't want Avery on the team because of his detrimental nature simply due to the fact that he's treated unfairly by the refs and there's no way around it, then I would have to think he wouldn't have been invited to the pro camp at all, ala wade redden.

Given the current circumstances, as ive stated ad nauseum in this thread already, I have to conclude that Tortorella is just holding a personal grudge against Avery. Either that or Kris Newbury is actually a better player than Sean Avery. I'll let you decide which of those sounds more plausible.
enough! you're embarassing yourself now. I cringe everytime you post. i'm ashamed that we follow the same team.

the love affair with the 3g scorer is laughable.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
enough! you're embarassing yourself now. I cringe everytime you post. i'm ashamed that we follow the same team.

That makes two of us. Cant you just stick to nhl12? You never post anything productive or discussion-worthy. Thank god for the ignore button. Good riddance.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
This is ridiculous. What happened to our depth on defense
There never was the kind of depth some people assumed. At the NHL level, depth is more about experience and having players ready to step into an injured players role. You can't rely on prospects who have never played in the NHL. And as someone else pointed out, you can't expect to be able to replace your best defenseman for a month or more.

The organization was incredibly short of NHL experience on the blueline--even on paper--over the summer. Everything had to work perfectly to get by: Staal had to be healthy--which the team knew was not the case over the summer-- McDonaugh and Sauer had to stay healthy and continue to improve and Del Zotto and/or Erixon had to play well and win a spot on the blueline coming out of camp for everything to work. From the looks of it, there was no plan B.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:52 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

stop with the exclamation point like your're trying to raise your voice and make a stand. no body out there is saying yea you go nikc.

the fact that some people cant admit that torts hates avery gives me the ****** chills.

also, avery wasn't a distraction. he had no locker issues. enough!

Last edited by chip chipperson*: 10-16-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
stop with the exclamation point like your're trying to raise your voice and make a stand. no body out there is saying yea you go nikc.

the fact that some people cant admit that torts hates avery gives me the ****** chills.

also, avery wasn't a distraction. he had no locker issues. enough!
Yeah, he hates avery. So what? It's not like Avery was going to bring us the Stanley Cup. He's a depth bottom 6 player who is replaceable and was overpriced for what he brought to the table.

His role on the team was negligible.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote