HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

10/25 - Bell returned to Whale

Old
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
stop with the exclamation point like your're trying to raise your voice and make a stand. no body out there is saying yea you go nikc.

the fact that some people cant admit that torts hates avery gives me the ****** chills.

also, avery wasn't a distraction. he had no locker issues. enough!
oh ok, i'll stop...

Avery is gone, and his fanboys can't live without him... so sad..

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:30 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Yeah, he hates avery. So what? It's not like Avery was going to bring us the Stanley Cup. He's a depth bottom 6 player who is replaceable and was overpriced for what he brought to the table.

His role on the team was negligible.
right on bro!!! anyone who actually watched last season should have seen how useless and disconected avery was when in the lineup.

but that's because he didn't get the icetime. a third/forth line player should 20m a night!!!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:54 PM
chosen

Sometimes this board seems like Six Degrees of Sean Avery.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
ruckus*

Why exactly did we give Mike Rupp a 3 year contract again when we had Sean Avery and free cap space after this season?

So now we've got Rupp, Wolski, Christensen, Newbury on this team...

"We have better players than Sean Avery, plain and simple."

Righhhht. Now we've got four on the team who actually aren't. Torts' act is wearing thin quick.

He sure looked like a man who knew what he was doing behind the bench last night. lol.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Vitto79

holy crap people a few bounces and the team is 3-0....they lost in OT once and a shootout another time.

they will get it going.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:37 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
holy crap people a few bounces and the team is 3-0....they lost in OT once and a shootout another time.

they will get it going.
It's definitely early, and anyone jumping overboard is overreacting. But you really think this team played well enough to deserve to win any of those three games?

If anything, they're lucky they have 2 points.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Yeah, he hates avery. So what? It's not like Avery was going to bring us the Stanley Cup. He's a depth bottom 6 player who is replaceable and was overpriced for what he brought to the table.

His role on the team was negligible.
you see iamitter, some people like nikc can hate avery all they want and i wont give a ****. but when the same people start ******** on guys that like avery, well its sickening. also sickening is nikc's reply to you.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
oh ok, i'll stop...

Avery is gone, and his fanboys can't live without him... so sad..
1 emotican in a post is bad enough. you had to resort to 2 of them. nothing screams hey look at my post more than a smiling face.

i would gladly cut avery everyday of the week if it meant you never posted again.

and how original, the old averys gone what are his fans going to do... you guys are a bunch of one trick ponies.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
1 emotican in a post is bad enough. you had to resort to 2 of them. nothing screams hey look at my post more than a smiling face.

i would gladly cut avery everyday of the week if it meant you never posted again.

and how original, the old averys gone what are his fans going to do... you guys are a bunch of one trick ponies.

My only issue is I don't see anyway that anyone can act like it makes the team better.

It was clear from the get go MZA was going to make this team, but when you look at the role that was needed it made no sense to give that to him.

Avery on the 4th line makes too much sense. MZA? Not so much. Christensen still being on the team? Nope. Rupp is terrible but we just gave him a deal so obviously he was going to be here. But the blatant disregard for an obvious constructing of the roster is so baffling. It's wreaked of bias from the get-go, and I'd live if it actually was making the team better, but it's not.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
ruckus*

And MZA might actually be a useful player if Torts ever figured out how to run a power play. Maybe he should send his own ass down to the A.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:56 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
My only issue is I don't see anyway that anyone can act like it makes the team better.

It was clear from the get go MZA was going to make this team, but when you look at the role that was needed it made no sense to give that to him.

Avery on the 4th line makes too much sense. MZA? Not so much. Christensen still being on the team? Nope. Rupp is terrible but we just gave him a deal so obviously he was going to be here. But the blatant disregard for an obvious constructing of the roster is so baffling. It's wreaked of bias from the get-go, and I'd live if it actually was making the team better, but it's not.
right on bro!!!

avery is a perfect fit there and imo would be dangerous because he is playing for another contract... anywhere. if someone hates avery that is fine, but no one is ever going to convince me torts didnt do this out of hatred.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

they will get it going.
its def early. my answer to anyone that says these points count is that yes they do. however this team is not supposed to finish 8th in the conference. we should be anywhere from 4-6.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:05 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Yea, let's be honest.

Avery owns a bar with our best player.

Avery recently vacationed with arguably our second best player.

Who on the current roster has ever had a problem with avery's personality that we know about?

You're talking out of your anus, sir.

If Sather didn't want Avery on the team because of his detrimental nature simply due to the fact that he's treated unfairly by the refs and there's no way around it, then I would have to think he wouldn't have been invited to the pro camp at all, ala wade redden.

Given the current circumstances, as ive stated ad nauseum in this thread already, I have to conclude that Tortorella is just holding a personal grudge against Avery. Either that or Kris Newbury is actually a better player than Sean Avery. I'll let you decide which of those sounds more plausible.
I don't know why three players that are friends with Avery = synergy when Avery is in the lockerroom.

I also don't know why you're getting so caught up on what I had to say. I was simply speculating that maybe he has worn out his welcome here. Don't come at me acting like you're in the lockerroom with the Rangers.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Yea, let's be honest.

Avery owns a bar with our best player.

Avery recently vacationed with arguably our second best player.

Who on the current roster has ever had a problem with avery's personality that we know about?

You're talking out of your anus, sir.

If Sather didn't want Avery on the team because of his detrimental nature simply due to the fact that he's treated unfairly by the refs and there's no way around it, then I would have to think he wouldn't have been invited to the pro camp at all, ala wade redden.

Given the current circumstances, as ive stated ad nauseum in this thread already, I have to conclude that Tortorella is just holding a personal grudge against Avery. Either that or Kris Newbury is actually a better player than Sean Avery. I'll let you decide which of those sounds more plausible.
And did you ever stop to think that perhaps Newbury makes more sense being that he's a center and we moved Stepan to LW for the time being? No, it MUST be a personal grudge.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't know why three players that are friends with Avery = synergy when Avery is in the lockerroom.

I also don't know why you're getting so caught up on what I had to say. I was simply speculating that maybe he has worn out his welcome here. Don't come at me acting like you're in the lockerroom with the Rangers.
callahan is a distraction in the locker room. i have as much evidence to say that as you do saying avery is a distraction in the locker room. and im talking about this locker room not the one in dallas.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If MZA was playing with a guy like John Tavares all night he'd be racking up the points at a PPG pace.
So your saying Tavares is better than Richards?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
So your saying Tavares is better than Richards?
not really since mza wasn't playing with richards. more like tavares is better than christensen

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
And did you ever stop to think that perhaps Newbury makes more sense being that he's a center and we moved Stepan to LW for the time being? No, it MUST be a personal grudge.
Count them with me, pal. Ready? Richards, Anisimov, Boyle, Christensen, Rupp. That's 5 centers other than Stepan who are already on the roster. Yeah, we definitely needed Kris Newbury the centre! Our savior! What a guy!

This is getting boring.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:11 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Count them with me, pal. Ready? Richards, Anisimov, Boyle, Christensen, Rupp. That's 5 centers other than Stepan who are already on the roster. Yeah, we definitely needed Kris Newbury the centre! Our savior! What a guy!

This is getting boring.
does dubinsky count?

Old
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
does dubinsky count?
Hehe. I left out Dubinsky, and Prust(who was drafted as a center). Then theres this guy on the CT whale named Avery I think who also has some experience playing center. Good thing we have Kris Newbury. He's a "torts-guy!" lol.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Doyle

Mats Zucarrello: A Victim of Teamís Minors
http://nhlhotstove.com/mats-zucarrel...-teams-minors/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Is every thread this season going to include an argument about Avery?

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Not a good week for Norway's only 2 NHL players..

Holas quit Colorado due to his feeling on a future with Colorado and zuke sent down..

But they didn't stand much chance from the get go..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Troy Mallette

I really want to like MZA. But small and slow is no way to make it in the NHL unless he finds a perfect situation playing with other high-skill players or where he otherwise gets lots of room to make plays.

Time to cut bait - hopefully as part of a bigger deal for a defenseman with talent.

Troy Mallette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Troy Mallette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Is every thread this season going to include an argument about Avery?
LOL

I loved him the first time around. But people need to get over the fact that he is gone.

Troy Mallette is offline   Reply With Quote