HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: If a World Series game was played, would you know of it?

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Yizee*

vCash: 500
I hate baseball - last night after hockey was the first time I actually watched any game this series - and I only watched it because it was tied late and wanted to see how far it would go before it ended but other than that I dont think anyone cares about baseball... I think its the only sport to watch in the summer so most people have no choice but to watch it

Old
10-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Edge

I don't think it's really fair to say these ratings reflect all of baseball.

At the end of the day the ratings are low because no one cares about these two teams. Chicago is a very distant second in its own city and nobody really cares about Houston right now.

I dont watch football but the one thing football does very well is brand itself. Heck even i want to watch after seeing a good commercial. Football has done a job at creating a very good product culture, and Baseball needs to step that up now.

Football could put the world's crappiest product out and people would still watch because it's been so hammered into the baby boomer and to a lesser extent the generation x'ers.

It's one thing hockey also had going for it in the mid 90's but dropped the ball on it.

This particular case to me has primarily to do with intergrated marketing and how baseball markets itself. The other problem is that despite a lot of complaining about competitive balance, baseball owners don't do anything to improve and market their product.

Old
10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee
I hate baseball - last night after hockey was the first time I actually watched any game this series - and I only watched it because it was tied late and wanted to see how far it would go before it ended but other than that I dont think anyone cares about baseball... I think its the only sport to watch in the summer so most people have no choice but to watch it
Plenty of people watch baseball. Stadiums are doing well, the sport is healthy. People just don't care about these teams. There's nothing interesting about them and people dont particularly love them or hate them.

The way you feel about baseball is how i feel about football though. Cannot stand the sport.

Old
10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Its a PP Goal

Lowest WS rating ever.

I guess I was one of the few outside of Chi/Houston who watched it.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Edge

I'm a huge baseball fan and even i had almost no interest in this series.

Old
10-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Its a PP Goal

I was drawn into the series because of Pettitte and Clemens and to a lesser extent Contreras and El Duque. I wanted Pettitte to win one at home but didn't care which side won. Watching Chicago celebrate their first in a long time was pretty cool.

Luckily it turned out to be an exciting series with less than exciting players. Too bad no one saw it!

Closed Thread