HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The goal song thread

View Poll Results: So...
Good 6 26.09%
Bad 11 47.83%
Don't care 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
  #51
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post


Not the best but a huge upgrade over Vertigo if you ask me

edit. Agreed with poster above... they had it back in the early 2000
It's just horrible, absolutely horrible.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
  #52
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The crowd would only feed the music and make it sound all better. Chanting is great. It's amazing when the whole bell center chants Ole Ole or heckles opponents by their name.
Chanting a few words of a song would be great.
That's why Nashville was amazing last year.


starting from 0:17

edit: NJ has the same one



Always loved listening to it

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
  #53
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,916
vCash: 500
^^^ both of those are way worse than anything Montreal has ever used, including Simple Plan.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
  #54
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
^^^ both of those are way worse than anything Montreal has ever used, including Simple Plan.
Agree 100%, I think the new goal song is awesome, 10 times better then vertigo and 100 times better then that simple plan song

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:23 AM
  #55
XperHFB
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
All I know is that we need l'oreille Back. It was unique and special. We have won 2 series vs the bruins in the playoffs with this song. If we had something similar to Carey price (or Halak) back then we would have probably won 2 more stanley cups!! this is how up-lifting it was!!!

Take it as an investment, a good song= team hyped= more energy= better concentration= more goals= more wins= more stanley cups.

Whats more important 100 000$ per year or a Stanley Cup?!?!

SO DO IT!!

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
  #56
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,857
vCash: 500
Another good thing, it's not written by Gary Glitter.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:47 AM
  #57
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Huge upgrade on Vertigo.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
  #58
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Not even a fan of Vertigo at all and it's still better than that crap people linked as our current goal song. Didn't really notice it on TV but haven't been to an actual game either yet, it was absolutely terrible.

I think most people have it right, the one from many years back prior to vertigo was the best and they should just pay money to keep using it. The new one really is even worse than vertigo.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:36 AM
  #59
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Not even a fan of Vertigo at all and it's still better than that crap people linked as our current goal song. Didn't really notice it on TV but haven't been to an actual game either yet, it was absolutely terrible.

I think most people have it right, the one from many years back prior to vertigo was the best and they should just pay money to keep using it. The new one really is even worse than vertigo.
I can't even hear it when we score a goal, so... yeah it is kinda bad

But listening to it on youtube, I do think vertigo was better... which I never thought I would say.

We need to go back to L'Oreille.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:41 AM
  #60
XperHFB
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
IMO Vertigo was better by 300 billion times, my only problem was it got old really quickly and they overrr used it.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:01 AM
  #61
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I can't even hear it when we score a goal, so... yeah it is kinda bad

But listening to it on youtube, I do think vertigo was better... which I never thought I would say.

We need to go back to L'Oreille.
DDO Greek in the house?

Never noticed you were from here before. Falling asleep at my desk in DDO as we speak

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:09 AM
  #62
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
DDO Greek in the house?

Never noticed you were from here before. Falling asleep at my desk in DDO as we speak
Yeah, I was born here but my mom is greek and my grandparents are both from Greece.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
  #63
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
love it

cant say anything wrong about that band. They arent a "serious" punk rock band, they have some chessy lyric, but the music is great.

Someone called them generic? ha. Thats rich.

And yes, time to get rid of the coldplay and u2 that have been the only bands that seem to be relevant in the habs marketing dept.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:59 AM
  #64
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
love it

cant say anything wrong about that band. They arent a "serious" punk rock band, they have some chessy lyric, but the music is great.

Someone called them generic? ha. Thats rich.

And yes, time to get rid of the coldplay and u2 that have been the only bands that seem to be relevant in the habs marketing dept.
Yeah that was me.

I'll rephrase. Sounds like a song for a TV commercial for a cleaning product. Or maybe a kid's clothing line. Or maybe for a compact suv. It's kind of like a meal on a plane, or a complimentary breakfast at a hotel. Edible, but bland.

But if you like it you like it.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
  #65
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Yeah, I was born here but my mom is greek and my grandparents are both from Greece.
Nice. My story is pretty similar only substitute Greek/Greece with Italian/Italy.

DDO born and raised

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:24 AM
  #66
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah that was me.

I'll rephrase. Sounds like a song for a TV commercial for a cleaning product. Or maybe a kid's clothing line. Or maybe for a compact suv. It's kind of like a meal on a plane, or a complimentary breakfast at a hotel. Edible, but bland.

But if you like it you like it.
before i comment, what is your favorite style of music? Obviously its non-generic, super original, never before heard by human ears type stuff.

And yah the day i hear turbonegro songs selling cars & cleaning products, is the day i buy a brand new car & Mr. Clean my kitchen.

Listen to other songs before making generalizations.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
  #67
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
before i comment, what is your favorite style of music? Obviously its non-generic, super original, never before heard by human ears type stuff.

And yah the day i hear turbonegro songs selling cars & cleaning products, is the day i buy a brand new car & Mr. Clean my kitchen.

Listen to other songs before making generalizations.
Here's another punk song to make it less of a generalization




neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:34 AM
  #68
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
before i comment, what is your favorite style of music? Obviously its non-generic, super original, never before heard by human ears type stuff.

And yah the day i hear turbonegro songs selling cars & cleaning products, is the day i buy a brand new car & Mr. Clean my kitchen.

Listen to other songs before making generalizations.
My favorite style of music is good music in my opinion. I like anything that I consider good.

This, I don't like. I find it boring. If you do, that's great! Just opinions man. Btw I never heard any other Turbonegro songs and never said anything about Turbonegro in general so I'm not sure what you mean by generalizing.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
  #69
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
I am starting to not mind it. Like its a good GOAL song. But, not for us. I wanted something different, this sounds like something a team with 5000 fans per night would have (I said that already didnt I).. thats why I kinda liked Vertigo and L'Oreille song, it wasn't generic.

I didnt mind Vertigo.. I'd rather that then this though.. but yeah the song isnt mind. It just.. doesnt fit us.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
  #70
Teamwork
Registered User
 
Teamwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
I cannot stand the new goal song. It sounds like a song that you hear at a minor league game..

They need to bring back l'oreille or something unique!

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
  #71
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,287
vCash: 500


How is this not our goal song?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM
  #72
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post


How is this not our goal song?
Only for PK Subban goals.

Or it could be a post-victory song.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-17-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:44 AM
  #73
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt
 
hackeyisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
actually started to get used to vertigo after a while and started to like it, never could hear the simple plan one

i like it though, badass

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 04:46 AM
  #74
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,456
vCash: 500
People care way too much about a 10-second bit of a song on loop for 30 second you hear on average 2.5 times 41 times a season + playoffs.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:24 AM
  #75
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,222
vCash: 256
I don't like it at all, even my wife was like what the hell is this crap

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.