HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IF Martin gets fired or no contract renewal, who takes his place?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
  #76
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 500
Not sure why, but not too many ex-stars/superstars can evolve into great coaches.
Maurice Richard tried and failed as did Gretzky just to name two.
However, If you look at the guys who were on the bubble or couldn't make it in the bigs, or perhaps had journeyman careers; then the list of good coaches is markedly longer.
I personally don't want Roy, his schtick may wash in the Q with a bunch of youngsters that want to make it, not sure how it would translate to veteran NHLers.
I want management to get a student of the game that can communicate with his players.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
  #77
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Anyone think Andrei Kostitsyn could be a great coach ?
And how exactly would AK46 coach the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Not sure why, but not too many ex-stars/superstars can evolve into great coaches.
Maurice Richard tried and failed as did Gretzky just to name two.
However, If you look at the guys who were on the bubble or couldn't make it in the bigs, or perhaps had journeyman careers; then the list of good coaches is markedly longer.
I personally don't want Roy, his schtick may wash in the Q with a bunch of youngsters that want to make it, not sure how it would translate to veteran NHLers.
I want management to get a student of the game that can communicate with his players.
Nazarov strikes me as one such coach. If Vityaz had Nazarov fired, maybe Nazarov would make us play a tougher game.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
  #78
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 5,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Plekanec would be a player/coach.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
  #79
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Coaches I have great respect for and would love to see behind the Habs bench (active only, in no particular order): Laviolette, Boucher, Quenville, Babcock. Have enormous repsect for Ruff, Trotz, Vigneault. Bylsma seems to be great, but I don't know how much to credit the GM for the team. Probably missing some worthy candidates, but any of those guys would be excellent choices, IMO. And the odds are one of them will get fired as soon as JM does, whenever that is. Timing is everything though. I can't see Roy getting the job, not with this ownership. If quebecor owned the team, maybe.

At the moment, JM and PG are feeling the heat for sure. Expectations are high. Field a team as soft as this one, you better make the playoffs. Winning is what makes the JM system forgivable.


Last edited by Bullsmith: 10-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
  #80
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Why? To me that is the kind of archaic thinking that represents everything wrong about how the league and teams are run

And who would that list include.
Because experienced coaches bring a lot more to the table. Particularly in Montreal, where they are put under a microscope, and the pressure is unjustly mounted on them at every turn. We had a horrendous roll of rookie coaches that ended in all failure, Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, Carbonneau. Not a single one of these coaches brought us further than a second round. We have had two experienced coaches in the nearly two decades, one of them won the cup, and one of them took us to the conference finals in his first season.

If you can't see the difference between Martin and those rookies before him, I can't help you here. He brings structure to the team, and he knows how to run it efficiently and with success.

I am sick of being the "training ground" for coaches who gain a valuable lesson here on how to handle the pressure, and coach a team, and then go off on successful careers elsewhere. It makes me sick to see two recent ex-coaches facing off in the SCFs against each other, while another one made the finals a previous year.

What is so archaic about wanting a seasoned, experienced, good coach behind your bench? A coach who knows the game well, has experience leading a team, and can install a good system? Nothing, nothing at all, its smart management. Sometimes you can groom a rookie coach in the right situation, but the chances he become something great for the first team he coaches right off the bat are pretty slim.

Available coaches are a fluctuating group, there is no point in making a list right now.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
  #81
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Because experienced coaches bring a lot more to the table. Particularly in Montreal, where they are put under a microscope, and the pressure is unjustly mounted on them at every turn. We had a horrendous roll of rookie coaches that ended in all failure, Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, Carbonneau. Not a single one of these coaches brought us further than a second round. We have had two experienced coaches in the nearly two decades, one of them won the cup, and one of them took us to the conference finals in his first season.

If you can't see the difference between Martin and those rookies before him, I can't help you here. He brings structure to the team, and he knows how to run it efficiently and with success.

I am sick of being the "training ground" for coaches who gain a valuable lesson here on how to handle the pressure, and coach a team, and then go off on successful careers elsewhere. It makes me sick to see two recent ex-coaches facing off in the SCFs against each other, while another one made the finals a previous year.

What is so archaic about wanting a seasoned, experienced, good coach behind your bench? A coach who knows the game well, has experience leading a team, and can install a good system? Nothing, nothing at all, its smart management. Sometimes you can groom a rookie coach in the right situation, but the chances he become something great for the first team he coaches right off the bat are pretty slim.

Available coaches are a fluctuating group, there is no point in making a list right now.
Because then we wouldn't be able to whine

Like him or not, Martin is the best we've had since burns/demers. That's a long time...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
  #82
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,266
vCash: 500
This thread along with the one on Gauthier make me laugh, but not with pleasure. The Habs had several lousy coaches with winning records. Two of them were Claude Ruel and Jean Perron, each of whom won a Cup. Ruel's overall regular season record was:129-63-40 (OT and SO didn't exist, so games could end in ties).Teams dressed 11 forwards and 5 Dmen (instead of today's 12 and 6) in those days but Ruel regularly went with 9 and 4 and inserted the others only when he had to. I had the opportunity to speak with Ruel in the mid-1970s and I concluded he was best qualified to be a scout, not a coach.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
  #83
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't know of a single coach who doesn't get accused of this from their respective fan bases.

I'm not a big martin fan myself, so what I'm about to say should really be seen as a side note than a defense, but we write on a message board with other teams...read those boards and you'll see that all the things we complain about in our coach is almost universally applied to every single coach in this league according to the fans, regardless of whether the team is good or bad.

I feel like the problem with this evolution in media is that increasingly people are able to share their opinion on a broader basis and the more they do so, the more they think their opinions are better than the ones of experts. Does that mean we shouldn't post and share? No. I just think people take their opinions way too far and way too seriously.
If you feel the need to tell us on two consecutive posts that you are not a Martin fan...........well, you just might be a Martin fan.

To your point that you made above. Sure, might happen in other markets. I dont really care about other NHL teams. I am concerned with Martin's consistent record of benching players and putting them in the doghouse only to become a better player once they leave Montreal. Wouldnt be a problem if the player ran out of town would be replaced by an "upgrade".

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
  #84
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
And how exactly would AK46 coach the team?
"Poot puck on net score goal".

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:57 AM
  #85
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
If Martin could inspire his players he would be a great coach.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
  #86
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If you feel the need to tell us on two consecutive posts that you are not a Martin fan...........well, you just might be a Martin fan.

To your point that you made above. Sure, might happen in other markets. I dont really care about other NHL teams. I am concerned with Martin's consistent record of benching players and putting them in the doghouse only to become a better player once they leave Montreal. Wouldnt be a problem if the player ran out of town would be replaced by an "upgrade".
You'd realize JM may not be that different from other coaches in various aspects...

but then again, you dont care as long as you find something to bash on it's all good...


That's Gauthier's job, not JM...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:35 AM
  #87
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't know of a single coach who doesn't get accused of this from their respective fan bases.
There are some, but Montreal has been on a bit of a streak of emotional coaches who butt heads with some players. Say Vigneault or Boucher or Demers vs Burns or Carbonneau or Martin.

If Martin goes I think we need to go the other way, though I suppose that would also imply a motivating emotional coach. The kind of coach who normally feuds with some players. Sort of weird having a system coach who burns bridges with players.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  #88
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I'm not panicking. I'm asking a question. "IF" we continue to play poorly, does Marting get fired? And, who replaces him?
You made a reactionary thread like this after 4 games and you claim you aren't panicking. Well, why was the thread made then? Either you really just dislike JM or you're panicking already. Whether or not you've come out and said either is hardly relevant given the circumstance. We're 1-2-1 bro, not even 0-4-0 and not even played a 5th game yet. If you aren't panicking you most certainly are eager for them to fail so we get new coaching.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:01 AM
  #89
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
The thing is that it's not 3 games or 4 games. Some people like what they see in Martin. Personally, I absolutely hate what I see. I feel like more could be accomplished with this group offensively, not necessarily at the expense of defense. I don't like the passive system and the lack of toughness while being amongst the leaders in PIM. And all of that is not just from this year, but since he took over.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
  #90
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The thing is that it's not 3 games or 4 games. Some people like what they see in Martin. Personally, I absolutely hate what I see. I feel like more could be accomplished with this group offensively, not necessarily at the expense of defense. I don't like the passive system and the lack of toughness while being amongst the leaders in PIM. And all of that is not just from this year, but since he took over.
You hated the signing did you not?

I have a hard time believing we could have achieved more with the same group. We have exceeded expectations both years considering our injuries.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
  #91
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The thing is that it's not 3 games or 4 games. Some people like what they see in Martin. Personally, I absolutely hate what I see. I feel like more could be accomplished with this group offensively, not necessarily at the expense of defense. I don't like the passive system and the lack of toughness while being amongst the leaders in PIM. And all of that is not just from this year, but since he took over.
I'd have a hard time pinning the lack of toughness on Martin. I agree with you that I'd rather be watching an offensive style, I'm not sure it would work better though, we won't know until we see it.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:15 AM
  #92
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
It's not only Martin that needs to be fired it's the GM Pierre Gauthier. When Gainey left we didn't get a new GM. We got Gainey's flunky. For crip sakes we still got Gainey. Gainey never left. Gainey to some degree kept his job. Not saying Gainey is not a great person. There is probably no one more respected in the league.
But we need a house cleaning. Geoff Molson needs to bring in his own NEW people. Molson has not made a mark on the team yet.
I don't care what anybody says but Patrick Roy is a winner. Whether he PLAYS, COACHES or GENERAL MANAGES. HE WINS.
Patick Roy is completely uneducated, emotionally immature, and would be an utter disaster as a coach or GM of the Habs. I cannot believe anyone thinks this would be a good choice.

Mark my words, Roy would be a disaster in Montreal.

What makes you think that a semi literate hot head who has success in the Q can make this jump? Seriously. I don't see anyone touting another 10 Junior coaches who would be far better candidates.

Why is that? Because the guy was great, passionate Goalie? So what? I refer you to the record of Wayne Gretzky. The rocket lasted what, 2 games as a coach?

There is no relation to superstardom as a player and success in coaching, managing at the NHL level. None.

The greatest Coach in NHL history, Scotty Bowman, never played an NHL game. Sam Pollock never played in the NHL.

Get real, Roy would be worse then Tremblay.

How far have we fallen that fans would consider Patrick Roy GM material. Maybe coach, Maybe. Doubt it. But GM? Unbelievable.

Now go ahead and get all upset at me. I stand by my words. Roy would be a disaster.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:26 AM
  #93
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,489
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
I think Craig Hartsburg and Cory Clouston have the best chances.
Please god no.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:30 AM
  #94
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Patick Roy is completely uneducated, emotionally immature, and would be an utter disaster as a coach or GM of the Habs. I cannot believe anyone thinks this would be a good choice.

Mark my words, Roy would be a disaster in Montreal.

What makes you think that a semi literate hot head who has success in the Q can make this jump? Seriously. I don't see anyone touting another 10 Junior coaches who would be far better candidates.

Why is that? Because the guy was great, passionate Goalie? So what? I refer you to the record of Wayne Gretzky. The rocket lasted what, 2 games as a coach?

There is no relation to superstardom as a player and success in coaching, managing at the NHL level. None.

The greatest Coach in NHL history, Scotty Bowman, never played an NHL game. Sam Pollock never played in the NHL.

Get real, Roy would be worse then Tremblay.

How far have we fallen that fans would consider Patrick Roy GM material. Maybe coach, Maybe. Doubt it. But GM? Unbelievable.

Now go ahead and get all upset at me. I stand by my words. Roy would be a disaster.
This!

I cannot believe the amount of people wanting Roy as our coach/GM. It would be an absolute disaster for all the reasons mentioned.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:36 AM
  #95
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,455
vCash: 500
Coach: Patrick Roy (says he's finally ready and if he turned down the Avalanche's offer back in the days(couple of years ago), I wonder what other team he'd prefered)

1st round pick 2012 Entry draft: Mikhail Grigorenko. We need a big centerman with skills and whoelse to coach him at the next level than his first ever North American coach in Patrick Roy.

Best scenario! We get another pick in the 1st round and also pick Sebastian Collberg(sleeper pick with top 5 potential)

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
  #96
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,489
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Patick Roy is completely uneducated, emotionally immature, and would be an utter disaster as a coach or GM of the Habs. I cannot believe anyone thinks this would be a good choice.

Mark my words, Roy would be a disaster in Montreal.

What makes you think that a semi literate hot head who has success in the Q can make this jump? Seriously. I don't see anyone touting another 10 Junior coaches who would be far better candidates.

Why is that? Because the guy was great, passionate Goalie? So what? I refer you to the record of Wayne Gretzky. The rocket lasted what, 2 games as a coach?

There is no relation to superstardom as a player and success in coaching, managing at the NHL level. None.

The greatest Coach in NHL history, Scotty Bowman, never played an NHL game. Sam Pollock never played in the NHL.

Get real, Roy would be worse then Tremblay.

How far have we fallen that fans would consider Patrick Roy GM material. Maybe coach, Maybe. Doubt it. But GM? Unbelievable.

Now go ahead and get all upset at me. I stand by my words. Roy would be a disaster.
I love the "star players" don't make good coaches because Gretzky with NO EXPERIENCE failed. You know why Gretzky failed, it wasn't because he was a star player, it was because he lacked experience.

He thought too highly of himself to learn the trade properly.


Roy will succeed in the NHL, I don't doubt it for a minute, the guy wins at everything in life. He might be a hot head but he's freakin smart. He actually thinks about what he does.

He's passionate about hockey, he cares about the game. How many people do you know with $100 million in the bank, that will ride around on the busses travelling the JR circuit? Not many, Carbonneau won't even do it. But that's why he's not coaching.

Just because Roy broke a door or two, doesn't proclude him from having success.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:40 AM
  #97
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Because experienced coaches bring a lot more to the table. Particularly in Montreal, where they are put under a microscope, and the pressure is unjustly mounted on them at every turn. We had a horrendous roll of rookie coaches that ended in all failure, Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, Carbonneau. Not a single one of these coaches brought us further than a second round. We have had two experienced coaches in the nearly two decades, one of them won the cup, and one of them took us to the conference finals in his first season.

If you can't see the difference between Martin and those rookies before him, I can't help you here. He brings structure to the team, and he knows how to run it efficiently and with success.

I am sick of being the "training ground" for coaches who gain a valuable lesson here on how to handle the pressure, and coach a team, and then go off on successful careers elsewhere. It makes me sick to see two recent ex-coaches facing off in the SCFs against each other, while another one made the finals a previous year.

What is so archaic about wanting a seasoned, experienced, good coach behind your bench? A coach who knows the game well, has experience leading a team, and can install a good system? Nothing, nothing at all, its smart management. Sometimes you can groom a rookie coach in the right situation, but the chances he become something great for the first team he coaches right off the bat are pretty slim.

Available coaches are a fluctuating group, there is no point in making a list right now.
Exactly.

It boggles the mind that people don't see what happens to coaches here. Lemaire even said publicly he'd never want to come here when his tenure with the Wild ended. Something about "they want to know what colour underwear you have on over there".

We need an experienced coach and so far Martin's done quite well with the cards he's been dealt. He's not phased by what the wannabes think and his system allows a small, not overly talented team to have success and be a threat in the playoffs.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
  #98
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I love the "star players" don't make good coaches because Gretzky with NO EXPERIENCE failed. You know why Gretzky failed, it wasn't because he was a star player, it was because he lacked experience.

He thought too highly of himself to learn the trade properly.


Roy will succeed in the NHL, I don't doubt it for a minute, the guy wins at everything in life. He might be a hot head but he's freakin smart. He actually thinks about what he does.

He's passionate about hockey, he cares about the game. How many people do you know with $100 million in the bank, that will ride around on the busses travelling the JR circuit? Not many, Carbonneau won't even do it. But that's why he's not coaching.

Just because Roy broke a door or two, doesn't proclude him from having success.
Not that BSL is stating a fact or is 100% correct on his statement, but IMO he has a lead as in categorizing players as having great "body intelligence" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_...ly-kinesthetic) and usually lacking a more reasoning intelligence, which would usually be the case, since athletes tend to focus on practicing their "talents" (aka body intelligence). Obviously this is a gross exaggeration basing itself on fact that athletes most important characteristic is the one above, and this is also theory. But i tend to agree with BSL on this one.


Last edited by uiCk: 10-17-2011 at 09:56 AM.
uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
  #99
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,489
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Not that BSL is stating a fact or is 100% correct on his statement, but IMO he has a lead as in categorizing players as having great "body intelligence" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_...ly-kinesthetic) and usually lacking a more reasoning intelligence, which would usually be the case, since athletes tend to focus on practicing their "talents" (aka body intelligence). Obviously this is a gross exaggeration basing itself on fact that athletes most important characteristic is the one above, and this is also theory. But i tend to agree with BSL on this one.
I don't understand you 100% but I wouldn't classify Roy as a "athlete" in the true sense. You never heard about him training to stay in shape, he has always been about the mental side of the game. He's always been able to get into people's heads even when he was playing.

He has also did that as a coach. During the Memorial Cup before the final game, he had Ted Nolan and all of the Moncton players focussed on him and his players were focussed on the game, who won?

Also goalies, see the game entirely different than players, there's a reason why so many of them make better analysts than players, they've watched the game from a different perspective from the players their entire lives.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
  #100
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't understand you 100% but I wouldn't classify Roy as a "athlete" in the true sense. You never heard about him training to stay in shape, he has always been about the mental side of the game. He's always been able to get into people's heads even when he was playing.

He has also did that as a coach. During the Memorial Cup before the final game, he had Ted Nolan and all of the Moncton players focussed on him and his players were focussed on the game, who won?

Also goalies, see the game entirely different than players, there's a reason why so many of them make better analysts than players, they've watched the game from a different perspective from the players their entire lives.
An athlete is not necessarily a person who is in good shape, just like a person in good shape will not necessarily be an athlete. An athlete usually constitutes of a given person being superior at a given physical skill (talent); for example, shooting accuracy does not result to a thinking process per say, but more in fact that body, after alot of practising a given talent, starts to memorize what movement/strength applied/etc is needed to make the shot accurate. My evidence would be that some players have easier time memorizing those data (movement, position, strength applied) faster and better then others, since everyone should have or has access to the logic behind a good accurate shot. Same can be said about making saves as goaltender. So roy spend most of his time practising that given talent/skill, which it seems, he was very good at.
Not to say Roy doesn't have the mental 'talents' to be/become a great strategist, which is usually great skillset for any coach/gm. personally, the instinctual/Spontaneous nature that i see in Roy, would tell me he's not necessarily reluctant to use a thinking process prior to some of his actions. be aware this is personal observation, which includes lots of generalzation and a subject thats open to alot of debate.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.