HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Islander News Article 10/27:

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 04:33 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Islander News Article 10/27:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ders-headlines

Given a Shot, Hunter Delivers

Old
10-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Stirling says he's good at rewarding with pp time. I don't see it. Niinimaa and Jonsson sit every game with minimal time while Hamrlik and Aucoin stay out the full two minutes every time. Janne had a goal and an assist last game and still hot little time while Bates even played the point.

It's one area that could be improved upon and it would be good for the moral of the defense when you've got 4 top guys sharing icetime.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:16 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
Stirling says he's good at rewarding with pp time. I don't see it. Niinimaa and Jonsson sit every game with minimal time while Hamrlik and Aucoin stay out the full two minutes every time. Janne had a goal and an assist last game and still hot little time while Bates even played the point.

It's one area that could be improved upon and it would be good for the moral of the defense when you've got 4 top guys sharing icetime.
Seems like the plan changes an awful lot. Which is ok, but I like to see Stirling follow thru a little more on what he says. Been a lot of things since camp that were said that just did not happen starting with a thirteenth forward being a depth veteran.

Papineau was going to see pp time about a week ago, he barely saw the ice and then things change where someone else is going to get a look, did Papineau do a poor job because he seemingly never got a chance?

Old
10-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Seems like the plan changes an awful lot. Which is ok, but I like to see Stirling follow thru a little more on what he says. Been a lot of things since camp that were said that just did not happen starting with a thirteenth forward being a depth veteran.

Papineau was going to see pp time about a week ago, he barely saw the ice and then things change where someone else is going to get a look, did Papineau do a poor job because he seemingly never got a chance?
It seems like Stirling is catering to particular players, especially some that have been Islanders for a long time. Maybe it has to be done but if you're a new player and pulling your weight encouragement should be given as in the cases of Papineau and Niinimaa.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:14 PM
vinrock12

oh guys stop the nitpicking for gods sake where playing real good not great but good enough to compete all year ......and the one thing i love is this is a team thats together and on the same page, and thats a credit to stirling...and remember he is still feeling out his players to see whos gonna be his go to guys when we get to crunch time.... guys let this man control his players the way he sees fit...

Old
10-27-2003, 08:35 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Bates plays the point b/c he is a righty shot...i do not like that set-up, but that is the reality.

Closed Thread