HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

advice needed, just broke shaft I've had for over 10 yrs!

Old
10-16-2011, 08:16 PM
slowmotiongenius
Rookie User

vCash: 500
advice needed, just broke shaft I've had for over 10 yrs!

So, I've been skating with an Easton Cyclone for over 10 years, and just this past week it finally broke!

If anyone doesn't know, it's a senior shaft, meaning it takes senior blades, and has a 95 flex. But, the shaft diameter has an intermediate feel. So it's intermediate where you grip it, but it flares out at the blade to accept senior blades.

It seems Easton doesn't make the Cyclone any longer, does anyone know of any other sticks out there that have an intermediate feel in the shaft, but have a senior flex of let's say at least 85?

Any ideas or suggestions, I don't know if I can move up to using a senior shaft or one piece, I need that intermediate feel.

I'm 6' and about 200 lbs. if that helps.

Thanks everyone!

slowmotiongenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM
vapor11

Maybe try out a Bauer Vapor.. I don't have shaft/blade combo but the rounded corners on my x20 feel great in my hands compared to my other sticks in the past.. My Easton Synergy was my favorite stick until the x20

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
slowmotiongenius
Rookie User

Does the Bauer Vapor have a smaller shaft diameter? I don't necessarily care to keep a shaft/blade combo, but all of the intermediate sticks I see today have a small flex, seems to be 70 or less.

Old
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
AIREAYE

You cannot find intermediate-sized shafts with senior flex ratings. The highest they go up to is 70 flex.

Best idea is to take mx0101's advice and look for a Bauer Vapor shaft (high end X:60 or low-end X:20; if you want to wait for the APX shaft and X3.0) The high end guys take tapered blades and low end standard. The Vapor shaft dimensions feature double concave sidewalls and rounded corners; a bit closer to the smaller INT dimensions than the regular dimensions.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
slowmotiongenius
Rookie User

any way to force that flex number up a bit on an intermediate by cutting some off the end and putting in a longer butt to make that space up?

Old
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotiongenius View Post
any way to force that flex number up a bit on an intermediate by cutting some off the end and putting in a longer butt to make that space up?
Putting an extension will bring that flex right back down. No point. Even if you wanted to experiment by lopping off a significant amount and putting an extension in; it will change the feel and balance of the stick.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote