Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phil Esposito

Old
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

vCash: 500
Two debates happening here. Only one has any validity.

Debate whether Phil should or shouldn't like the Bruins, or bad-mouth the team, or whether or not he has a leg to stand on in either case....

....but question what he meant to the Bruins teams he played on, and you just have no idea what you are talking about.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
Two debates happening here. Only one has any validity.

Debate whether Phil should or shouldn't like the Bruins, or bad-mouth the team, or whether or not he has a leg to stand on in either case....

....but question what he meant to the Bruins teams he played on, and you just have no idea what you are talking about.
My bad, i did jump to a conclusion... i shouldn't mix the player whit the ex player.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I have no problem with that whatsoever. But it is possible to be loyal to one organization without trashing the other. Look no further than kids like Tony Rizzo and Casey Kelly, who have only good things to say about the Red Sox, even after being traded (and shocked about it). Interesting that such young men can show so much more maturity and grace than a man old enough to be their grandfather.
Well, to be fair, I've never observed age and maturity to have anything to do with each other.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Lucic and Chong

Esposito has a distaste for the Bruins because of management (Sinden) and how can anyone blame him. Espo was loyal to the organization and left an absolute fortune on the table and Sinden didn't even have the guts to tell him that he traded him to NY.

Espo has no use for the organization...only the fans, city and some of the players he likes.

Oh, and by the way; Harry Sinden held many more grudges in his 60's than Esposito does now. This thread should not go by without mentioning what trash Harry Sinden was compared to Phil Esposito.

Lucic and Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
Well, to be fair, I've never observed age and maturity to have anything to do with each other.
That's certainly true in many cases. To quote Ann Landers, “Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised, to carry money without spending it, and to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.”

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I have no problem with that whatsoever. But it is possible to be loyal to one organization without trashing the other. Look no further than kids like Tony Rizzo and Casey Kelly, who have only good things to say about the Red Sox, even after being traded (and shocked about it). Interesting that such young men can show so much more maturity and grace than a man old enough to be their grandfather.
Excellent analogy. In fact just the other day i saw a bumper sticker that said "Jesus saves and Rizzo goes yard".

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

I can sympathize with the younger fans that are left with a bad taste by some of Phil's words, but for those of us that lived through his playing years he will always be beloved.

It is tough for those who didn't watch him to imagine just what it was like to have a 5 time Art Ross winner, 6 time Richard Trophy winner (retro), 2 time Hart Trophy winner, 2 time LBP award winner skating for the Bruins....

....since we haven't had anyone win any one of those awards since.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I can sympathize with the younger fans that are left with a bad taste by some of Phil's words, but for those of us that lived through his playing years he will always be beloved.

It is tough for those who didn't watch him to imagine just what it was like to have a 5 time Art Ross winner, 6 time Richard Trophy winner (retro), 2 time Hart Trophy winner, 2 time LBP award winner skating for the Bruins....

I'm in my 50s, and I've got a bad taste. Please don't presume to speak for everyone of a particular generation.

I'll always appreciate what he did, but I don't love the guy.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Excellent analogy. In fact just the other day i saw a bumper sticker that said "Jesus saves and Rizzo goes yard".
I saw one that read:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The Habs SUCK!!!!

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Phil will always get a pass from me. Only hear good things from people who identify themselves to him as Bostonians.

BNHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
bomber22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
FWIW, a caller on NHL radio today asked Espo why he wasn't at the ceremony - he said that it was because he wasn't invited. He also said that Cheevers and Cashman were not invited either.
Wonder what the deal is with Cashman and Cheevers?

bomber22 is offline   Reply With Quote