HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Senators vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 10.15.2011.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:21 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Remember 5-6 years ago when Ovechkin dominated games and scored 2 goals and we still lost? Our version of ourselves back then would be kicking our butts for as much whining we do about this team.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:01 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Tx I wouldn't have expected anything less from u in that post.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Foy

teams are going to have good games and bad games. So far, it's been 2 bad ones (the last 2), 1 great one (TB), and one decent one (Carolina).

What is important is that the players recognize they haven't played well the last couple of games. BB clearly recognizes this. I'd rather the team have issues now, so the coaching staff has time to improve on them, and work on correcting them, than in April.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:11 AM
IceBjoern

Caps are 4-0-0 and you guys talk as if they've lost every game ten to nothing...

IceBjoern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:17 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBjoern View Post
Caps are 4-0-0 and you guys talk as if they've lost every game ten to nothing...
I have no clue how we won the last two games. But Vokoun has been great. That kind of goaltending is going to make us a force if the offense can get going.

If we can get a goalie to stand on his head in the playoffs with our talent, this could be a great year.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:51 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
if its anger from previous seasons, well, i get that, but its a little pointless unless and until the new group fails like those before them. im gonna give them a chance at least. .
i think you miss the premise of the negativity. this group has already failed. boudreau remains behind the bench. semin is still on the roster and so is schultz.
until those things are fixed, they are already going nowhere.

the whining from shift to shift of each game is only there to further prove those points. those and green is stupid, ov is lazy, knuble is old, and so on.

i'd be willing to bet that if they sharpened up and started to flatten one opponent after another in a merciless 10 game run, there would be complaints about winning too much and too soon.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:01 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

If they hit their stride and everyone is clicking, no doubt people would be concerned about hitting their stride early. People are saying it about the packers. It's not out of ordinary.

I'm sure some would even post it. And I'm sure there are those that would read it that those fans would prefer a loss.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

the whining from shift to shift of each game is only there to further prove those points. those and green is stupid, ov is lazy, knuble is old, and so on.

You are the only person that actually types that up in posts, when no one is even discussing them. sure people may see faults in players games, but they dont sensationalize as you tend to do, and speak for the masses.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Dream Big

I've got some time today. I love Sundays.

Want to welcome Carlo Rossi. Anyone with a Carl or Karl in their name is aok with me! Regardless of the meaning (wine etc).Always welcome another perspective.

HSHS I'm appreciating what you did there. Congrats on the moderator thing. I guess?
Love the Absolute Power on Red plus the all caps in RESPECT MY A-THORITY. I'm jealous about the Redondo Beach location. I have some fond memories.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
i think you miss the premise of the negativity. this group has already failed. boudreau remains behind the bench. semin is still on the roster and so is schultz.

i'd be willing to bet that if they sharpened up and started to flatten one opponent after another in a merciless 10 game run, there would be complaints about winning too much and too soon.
Ummm Semin's been great?

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
You are the only person that actually types that up in posts, when no one is even discussing them. sure people may see faults in players games, but they dont sensationalize as you tend to do, and speak for the masses.
give me a break. i dont know how many times ive read here that mike green has no hockey sense. no hockey iq. same with ovechkin is coasting. there was a post in this gdt calling ovechkin a moron.

re: semin. semin's current play doesnt change the fact that many here are convinced the caps are going nowhere as long as he is on the team.

Last edited by txpd: 10-16-2011 at 03:14 PM.
txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Yes... He was very much a moron. He single handedly shut down the first line.

Old
10-16-2011, 04:52 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
No. A good team and coach shouldn't need a "loss" or "win" to legitimize their faults. But I haven't seen anything from this team that shows they would. In fairness they haven't had opportunity this year. But just color me skeptical. I fear prez trophy yr all over. I don't feel too comfortable with 4 wins... 1 win worst team in league at home after a lucky ref call and a standout goalie performance... And 3 wins via a format that doesn't exist in playoffs. If playoffs format for OT was in action we very well could be 0-3 in those games.

Yet we're 4-0-0. Be happy. Just be concernrd
This.

They've been ousted from the playoffs for lack of some of the fundamental building blocks that make Championship teams. Accountability, leadership, discipline, etc.

The idea that in Year 5 they're going to be all of the sudden "Super Cereal Guyz" is ridiculous and should raise red flags to anyone even remotely objective.

If they continue with glaringly stupid ****, i.e double bench minors vs. Tampa and offensive zone holding with 2 minutes remaining, my confidence will be about the same as it was last year...

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:

You whine about people whining even before they do. Least the original whiners are whining about hockey. If you can't take negativity or just make it worse why are you here?

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
give me a break. i dont know how many times ive read here that mike green has no hockey sense. no hockey iq. same with ovechkin is coasting. there was a post in this gdt calling ovechkin a moron.

re: semin. semin's current play doesnt change the fact that many here are convinced the caps are going nowhere as long as he is on the team.
I'll admit I've been hard on Green since the Montreal series and even wanted him traded. Having said all that, I always liked the player and hoped he would find his defensive side. So far this year, I think he has been playing great, especially after having the hard year he had last year with injuries etc. As for Sarge, I've never been a fan at all, but he has seemed to have matured this year. My only gripe is the NHL gamecenter, but better than having to watch pre-picked games.

As for Semin, he has been playing really well and unselfish, at least from my observations. Contract year or not, maybe having former team mates call him out and actually wanting to stay here has opened his eyes. There are going to be rough spells in a season, but right now I am enjoying this. I just hope BB keeps the lines together and players stay healthy. I already noticed fewer offsides. Last year was horrible with all the offsides.

Backstrom looks like a beast and I hope he continues to build on that.

Go Caps!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
TRASHCAT

A normal person would make a counter argument to defend him. Except you can't make an argument without using a text book logical fallacy. See above.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...beaten-start-/

Whyno.... Whiner
Mojo... Hater
Hammer.... Not patient
BB.... Self loather

Good article. Lots of good stuff.

Old
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Interesting that Hamrlik had this to say:

Quote:
“We can play the same as Pittsburgh style — just a little bit of discipline and do the stuff what the coaches tell us to do and we’re going to be fine,” Hamrlik said. “It’s been only four games, but the neutral zone and defensive zone, it’s our biggest problem right now that I’ve seen.”
Veteran who has played for good coaches...saying the team needs to do what Bruce says.

10-17-2011, 11:04 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Yeah I caught that too. Gave me a lot of hope about what's going on inside that room.

To me... Starts to lead some credence that it is the players or the coaches ability to get through to the players.

Edit: the reason I posted is cause there's TONS of good info in that post. IMHO one of the best combo of quotes and analysis by a beat guy in a while.

Old
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...beaten-start-/

Whyno.... Whiner
Mojo... Hater
Hammer.... Not patient
BB.... Self loather