HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Montreal: 6-5 Another game not decided by sausage eating

Old
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
The lines were under the hypothetical of having Landeskog on Stastny's line. I wouldn't put Landeskog on Stastny's line, and I thought my comment about balancing the lineup -- and the stupid emoticon -- would make that sufficiently clear.

Fans should be down on Duchene because he is playing like ****. Of course he is not this terrible, but why should we make excuses for him? He needs get back to normal ASAP...and him at his normal play doesn't mean I favor him at center then either, but that's a different topic.

Scoring in the shootout alone is not getting the job done. Duchene cannot play well with most wingers anyway, even though he has received preferential treatment in terms of personnel most of the time.
Seriously? It's been 5 games in which Dutchy's put in two shoot out goals and a regulation tallie. He's not playing great but the season's still way too young to be so harsh on a guy who's always been a slow starter. If he's still spinning his way into corners ten games from now you've got a problem. Right now him and Duke just need to settle in with someone else which is why keeping Lindstrom/Mueller in that spot is what the team should do.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:33 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Seriously? It's been 5 games in which Dutchy's put in two shoot out goals and a regulation tallie. He's not playing great but the season's still way too young to be so harsh on a guy who's always been a slow starter. If he's still spinning his way into corners ten games from now you've got a problem. Right now him and Duke just need to settle in with someone else which is why keeping Lindstrom/Mueller in that spot is what the team should do.
What seriously? He has seriously been **** in regulation. He will be better, obviously, and I'm waiting for that.

Hejduk doesn't need to "settle in" with anyone and Duchene's struggles are based on his own play but he'll improve.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Haha, this guy has a pretty good point.
Showing some real horse sense.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:48 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
What seriously? He has seriously been **** in regulation. He will be better, obviously, and I'm waiting for that.

Hejduk doesn't need to "settle in" with anyone and Duchene's struggles are based on his own play but he'll improve.
You're being extremely harsh on a kid early in a season despite admitting you expect him to improve, that's weird to me. Why such extreme statements when Dutchy's been making some good defense plays, come through in the clutch to get us points we didn't fully deserve and did well against Ottawa.

Duke doesn't need to settle in but Dutchy needs to calm down and settle into using his individual skills to set up Duke and the other shooters he gets paired with. Once he pots a couple of goals himself I expect that to come as he'll feel less pressure to carry the scoring load all by himself. Plus it doesn't help that you have to wonder how much confidence he has in that third winger, Mueller just couldn't keep so Dutchy and Duke had to carry him and now Lindstrom's a guy he's got little PT with to get comfortable with.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
PeterTheGreat

I agree with NHL33, Duchene has been poor this year. Im not worried though, we all know he's a slow starter, which sucks, but we have to live with it.

I hope he pulls his head out of his a$$ soon though.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote