Old
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Was he injured?
Injuries have been a major problem. Mostly to his knee.

He's only played in 69 games since the start of 2009 season.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Injuries have been a major problem. Mostly to his knee.

He's only played in 69 games since the start of 2009 season.
I knew that, I was wondering if he was recently injured since training camp. When you said maybe it was for a conditioning stint, usually players just do that when coming back from an injury.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZec View Post
Bartschi named WHL player of the week.

http://winterhawks.com/article/winte...er-of-the-week
Go Sven go!!

Old
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
I knew that, I was wondering if he was recently injured since training camp. When you said maybe it was for a conditioning stint, usually players just do that when coming back from an injury.
I don't think he's played at all this season, not until this stint in the ECHL at least.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I don't think he's played at all this season, not until this stint in the ECHL at least.
Was he not in training camp? I seem to remember hearing that he was one of the first cuts being sent down to the Heat.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Bartschi is tearing it up! As a matter of fact, most of our prospects are doing good. No prospects my ass

Last edited by tmurfin: 10-17-2011 at 03:40 PM.
tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:46 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Arnold and Gadreau #1 and #2 in points in the NCAA right now, apparently.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Howse is off to a depressingly bad start in the AHL. Hopefully it's just growing pains.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Howse is off to a depressingly bad start in the AHL. Hopefully it's just growing pains.
I'm starting to think that Horak is the reason he had such impressive numbers and why Howse was so happy when Horak became a Flame.

Old
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Here's the highlights from last weeks Boston College game.

There stats from this game have already been posted, but here they are :

#13 - Johnny Guadreau - 1G, 3A, 4P
#24 - Bill Arnold - 1G, 2A, 3P

thanks for the highlights. I loved a couple of the Gaudreau passes, the spin move behind the net was awesome, and his saucer pass on the first gal was very nice as well and then on his goal Arnold made a great pass, good to see that Gaudreau will drive to the net despite his size.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Arnold and Gadreau #1 and #2 in points in the NCAA right now, apparently.
The link I found to NCAA stats says otherwise.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/

Looking strictly at Division I scoring, Arnold is tied for 8th (with 8 others) and Gaudreau is tied for 17th (with 16 others). Jeremy Langois a Junior from Quinnipiac is 1st in Div. I scoring with 7 goals and 11 points.

However Gaudreau is current tied for 1st in freshman points with Ryan Carpenter from Bowling Green and Matthew Peca from Quinnipiac.

I would also note that Langois and Peca have both played 6 games compared to the 4 most NCAA players have played.

this was

Old
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
I'm starting to think that Horak is the reason he had such impressive numbers and why Howse was so happy when Horak became a Flame.
That may be a factor; I've definitely liked Horak's play a lot. I still have my fingers crossed that Howse will learn to translate his ability to the bigs, but who knows.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I don't know if I'd read all that much into Howse's stats yet. He's playing fourth line minutes and is a guy that will need to get some confidence at the pro game. He's a guy that is going to need time to develop his game.

Heads up for all the Edmonton area flames fans. Baertschi and the Winterhawks are in town tomorrow night to face the Oil Kings. Good chance to get a look at him and if I'm not mistaken it is the only time Portland plays in Edmonton.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I don't know if I'd read all that much into Howse's stats yet. He's playing fourth line minutes and is a guy that will need to get some confidence at the pro game. He's a guy that is going to need time to develop his game.
May not be the worst thing I guess as the biggest area of Howse's game that needs work is his defensive game. However Howse is not a bottom 6 player, the Flames are notorious for developing players in the wrong positions. The goal of a farm team should not necessarily be to win games, it should be to have a system that fosters the development of players in the best possible way. IMO, if what you say is correct that Howse is getting 4th line minutes, I think that is wrong move. He should be playing with other skilled guys (like Wahl) so he learns how to be a top 6 player at the professional level. But as I said, I don't think him spending 'some' time playing in the bottom 6 so he can work on the defensive side of things is all that bad. I just hope in time he gets put in a position to play the game that he is meant to.

Ward basically said that Cameron needs to reinvent himself as a player if he is going to be sucessful. And while I agree with him regarding Cameron in particular, I hope that is not what happens with Howse. I think Howse has the potential to be a good scorer in the NHL, its up to the coaches to put him in a position to succeed in that role.

Old
10-21-2011, 02:25 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Bartschi still tearing it up. 17 pts in 8 games, right up with the leaders while playing 2-3 games less

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
May not be the worst thing I guess as the biggest area of Howse's game that needs work is his defensive game. However Howse is not a bottom 6 player, the Flames are notorious for developing players in the wrong positions. The goal of a farm team should not necessarily be to win games, it should be to have a system that fosters the development of players in the best possible way. IMO, if what you say is correct that Howse is getting 4th line minutes, I think that is wrong move. He should be playing with other skilled guys (like Wahl) so he learns how to be a top 6 player at the professional level. But as I said, I don't think him spending 'some' time playing in the bottom 6 so he can work on the defensive side of things is all that bad. I just hope in time he gets put in a position to play the game that he is meant to.

Ward basically said that Cameron needs to reinvent himself as a player if he is going to be sucessful. And while I agree with him regarding Cameron in particular, I hope that is not what happens with Howse. I think Howse has the potential to be a good scorer in the NHL, its up to the coaches to put him in a position to succeed in that role.
Wahl's in the ECHL now, so I don't think we want Howse playing with him. Haha.

Old
10-21-2011, 06:54 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:

Wahl is currently in the ECHL so I don't think we want Howse playing with him at the moment. Haha

Old
10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Wahl's in the ECHL now, so I don't think we want Howse playing with him. Haha.
Ya I think its just a conditioning stint, hasn't played in a game for almost a year. Negrin is down their to.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Ya I think its just a conditioning stint, hasn't played in a game for almost a year. Negrin is down their to.
during the Heat broadcast tonight they were talking about how Troy Ward has been using the ECHL as a way for players to play their way back into the Heat lineup. He has already done this with John Armstrong.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Medium Rare*

Arnold added 2 more goals for Boston College and Gaudreau added another on route to another BC win.

I really love how these 2 are performing for a program that should be one of the best in NCAA this year.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
JalapenoPeppa*

You guys think Horak could be a Calder nominee at the end of the season?

JalapenoPeppa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:57 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDefense View Post
You guys think Horak could be a Calder nominee at the end of the season?
Most likely not, but i think it would be a fantastic F.U. to the rangers and Tim Erixon.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:34 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Michael Ferland with a Hat Trick tonight while adding an assist.

He does not get enough recognition from our fan base in my opinion, He now has 14 Goals, 11 Assists for 25 Points in 16 games this year for the Wheat Kings.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:16 AM
TheZec

Bärtschi had a 3 point night (1g, 2a) in his return to the ice.

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote