HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais...

Old
10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah, for sure. I thought that was the second unit, but I couldn't quite remember. Watching a 4'' box for the game sucks when I'm working. Better than nothing though.

So you came out here arguing that Desharnais was having a sick game making sick passes and sick plays, but you didn't even watch?

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozzwald View Post
4 games into the season and a post bashing DD and a post bashing Subban. Gotta love our fans
As for Subban, how do you want us to react after his horrible performance ? Remain silent and say nothing and keep thinking that he's God ? Even after only 1 game, are we entitled to say that a certain player plays very bad.

I prefer that we raise the issue, discuss about it, and have gut to admit that he's far from being top 20 defensemen.
If Crosby or Ovechkin play that bad, then they are deserved to be bashed too, no ?

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post

So you came out here arguing that Desharnais was having a sick game making sick passes and sick plays, but you didn't even watch?
Where did I argue that he had a sick game? But yes, he was one of our better forwards. I watched the game, I just didn't see the second unit on much so I didn't get a chance to catch their numbers on the small screen. Nice try, pal.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:56 AM
XperHFB

Bob Gainey had it right... this is why you should always wait for July 1st before signing someone long term.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
Bob Gainey had it right... this is why you should always wait for July 1st before signing someone long term.
I think I speak for everyone when I say.... Huh?

Old
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I am finding it hard to judge him and many players so far due to injuries and such a small sample size so far this year. I think he could become a solid player for the team but he still has a decent amount of development to go through still. The dude is young and I am willing to give him more time. 3 pts in the his first 4 games this year and a +1 one is a nice start.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:20 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I am very curious to know to what you are reffering ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Phozzwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
As for Subban, how do you want us to react after his horrible performance ? Remain silent and say nothing and keep thinking that he's God ? Even after only 1 game, are we entitled to say that a certain player plays very bad.

I prefer that we raise the issue, discuss about it, and have gut to admit that he's far from being top 20 defensemen.
If Crosby or Ovechkin play that bad, then they are deserved to be bashed too, no ?
Not telling you what to think, but we are only 4 games into the season. The next 4 games he could play amazing and then you guys will come on here and start saying that he is god so its pointless to come on here and bash these players so early. If 20 games in hes playing terrible then fine, but its the start of the season. Its not like by you coming on here and posting you comments about how bad you think he is changes anything anyway.

Price never played his best saturday night either. Are we gonna make a post about that as well?

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
So far he hasn't been up to expectations against stronger match ups. Poor defensively for a center. He'll still run circles around most fourth and third lines but he doesn't belong there. I'm more and more convinced that his future belongs on the wing, although it's nice to have a guy that can fill decently at center.

He'll learn to be better defensively - hopefully - but other than the last game, his line have been man-handled so far. His offensive game I still like. And 3 points in 4 game is great.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
So far he hasn't been up to expectations against stronger match ups. Poor defensively for a center. He'll still run circles around most fourth and third lines but he doesn't belong there. I'm more and more convinced that his future belongs on the wing, although it's nice to have a guy that can fill decently at center.

He'll learn to be better defensively - hopefully - but other than the last game, his line have been man-handled so far. His offensive game I still like. And 3 points in 4 game is great.
Can we please leave DD and MaxPac together for another 3-4 games ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Can we please leave DD and MaxPac together for another 3-4 games ?
I'd like to see Eller centre them

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:39 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
I'd like to see Eller centre them
Why ?

What has he proven so far at NHL level ?

Eller is so overated here, it's incredible.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think I speak for everyone when I say.... Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I am very curious to know to what you are reffering ?
Hmm well I was referring to when he said that having a guaranteed NHL contract for 2 years took the spark out of him since his sure to get paid and theres no more insecurity for him to be on the line up for this year.

He got signed june 20, 11 days before the open market. I'm just saying signing some one earlier shows importance.
At 750 000$, at 24 years old, the kid never had an NHL contract before....I'm pretty sure u could afford and play the hard to get card with him.
"Your pretty but your not that pretty." You know what i'm saying?
What desharnais got was "ok he finds me sexy, I can chill now and get fat."
Insecurity always works.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Hmm well I was referring to when he said that having a guaranteed NHL contract for 2 years took the spark out of him since his sure to get paid and theres no more insecurity for him to be on the line up for this year.

He got signed june 20, 11 days before the open market. I'm just saying signing some one earlier shows importance.
At 750 000$, at 24 years old, the kid never had an NHL contract before....I'm pretty sure u could afford and play the hard to get card with him.
Insecurity always works.
So to you a 2 year contract is long term ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:02 PM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
So to you a 2 year contract is long term ?
Not to me, to deharnais's probably. It was his first one way NHL contract and he already felt like if he dint had to prove him self any more. Shows alot about his ambitions.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
MXD

Quote:
Not to me, to deharnais's probably. It was his first one way NHL contract and he already felt like if he dint had to prove him self any more. Shows alot about his ambitions.
If anything...

Forget it. Your post just reeks logical failure.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Why ?

What has he proven so far at NHL level ?

Eller is so overated here, it's incredible.
What has Desharnais proven other than when line matched against top lines he gets scored against?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
What has Desharnais proven other than when line matched against top lines he gets scored against?
Well, that he could put up some decent points even with limited IT?

I mean... Yeah, putting DD at C against a top-line isn't the best idea at this point.

But it's not like Gomez is having much success either.

Eller should definitely center AK and DD in the close future. DD is useful -- just don't make him center the 4th line...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
wtf? he just came back.
I was talking about this year + last year... I know that he just came back and I think he have potential. But I'm not going to dismiss Desharnais because Eller exist and vice versa. Both player are good at the moment and Desharnais (last year and this year) is producing more than eller right now.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

Insecurity always works.
The kid has 53 games under his belt. 53. He's got 3-points in 4-games and we are complaining about him... After his best game of the season.

He does need to seriously work on faceoffs though.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Paddyjack

Quote:
He proved that h can do better than Gomez

I find this DD bashing ridiculous. The biggest problem with this team offensively is that we have Gomez as first centre for 7 millions. Other teams have Kopitar, Crosby etc...

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Eller is a -4 (career -2) as a Hab. Desharnais is a -3. Nothing to brag about for either but not to bad for rookies.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Beakermania*

Dd is very talented offensively, but is poor defensively when he has to contain the cycle game down low and battle other fwds on the boards. That's why he is ultimately better suited at wing where defensively he won't be in as many battles and will be playing much higher in the zone guarding the point man.

Eller is bigger and stronger an d very good at containing his man down low. So he should be the center on the line when cammy returns.

Cammy - plek - cole or ak
Cole or ak - gomez - gionta
MaxPac - eller - DD

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
He proved that h can do better than Gomez

I find this DD bashing ridiculous. The biggest problem with this team offensively is that we have Gomez as first centre for 7 millions. Other teams have Kopitar, Crosby etc...
Gomez doesn't allow nearly the amount of chances against vs. top units as Desharnais does, which is why he sees those minutes regularly and Desharnais doesn't. Gomez is great at getting the puck out of his own zone and into the other team's which has big defensive value that people tend to miss.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Paddyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Gomez doesn't allow nearly the amount of chances against vs. top units as Desharnais does, which is why he sees those minutes regularly and Desharnais doesn't. Gomez is great at getting the puck out of his own zone and into the other team's which has big defensive value that people tend to miss.
And why was Gomez -15 last year then?

The thing is, I'm not saying that DD should be #1 centre, but he would be great as a relief offensive line on a third line. But people here looks disappointed and all in his performance, after 2-3 games (lol), while the real reason why they expect so much out of him is our lack of truly offensive star centre. Imagine what player we could have for 7 millions!

Replace Gomez by any top 1 centre in the league in line-up, and suddenly you have quite a different team and lot less pressure on DD.

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote