HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#4|Oct 15, 2011|Kings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why is it a joke to admire hard effort?
Richards did that all for himself. Not for the team, and not for the organization, and not for the fans.

He's a piece of **** and we should all be glad his ass is outta here.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why is it a joke to admire hard effort?
No, what I said was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Until they start awarding more points for a shutout win than a regulation win, I couldn't give a damn if the Flyers get a shutout. I just want them to get the 2 points as often as possible.
Yeah, cause that works out great for the Capitals right?

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Richards did that all for himself. Not for the team, and not for the organization, and not for the fans.

He's a piece of **** and we should all be glad his ass is outta here.
Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
Up until now I had no idea that Pierre Mcguire posted on these boards.
Quote:
Oh it was a great shift. just the way the guy talked about it sounded like the way good ol' Pierre drools over Richards. It was a joke.
Haters gonna hate.

I'm even not mad at you, you can't help yourself.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:29 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Yeah, cause that works out great for the Capitals right?
You're going to have to explain a little more.

How exactly are shutouts more important than wins?

Old
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
You're going to have to explain a little more.

How exactly are shutouts more important than wins?
They aren't. But hoping another player gets a hat trick at the expense of your favorite team is just plain stupid.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
They aren't. But hoping another player gets a hat trick at the expense of your favorite team is just plain stupid.
How is that relevant to the Caps?

CharlieGirl

Quote:
So hoping for a Flyers win was wrong.

And this has what to do with the Caps?

Old
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
It's relevant in the general context you made your comment about people being unreasonable about Carter which I'm not denying didn't exist..just that I was never one of them and my reasoning for trading him was always primarily from a hockey standpoint as far as leveraging him which I'm glad management felt the same way and acted upon. I had my issues with him but never hated the guy yet this is what I got from you and others and I took umbrage and still do b/c it was total red herring BS all along...

My zillionth explanation to the above baseless accusation
Yes, it would be terrible to be forced to have Read in the top 9 and Rinaldo on the 4th line...

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
BEEF SAID: See how I said rarely? Congrats on bookmarking one of the very few times I've said it.

The fact that you take every opportunity you can to start threads or make posts that paint Richards/Carter in a negative light don't really do much to help you though.

edit: is there any special reason why you're removing me from the quotes?

edit 2: you are also taking those posts out of the context of the time...meaning, the Cartsiephan time. When he (a true hater (ugh)) created an environment where basically everyone assumed that people criticizing Carter were doing it baselessly. He created a backlash where people with legitimate arguments were snapped at. It was an unfortunate time for all.
The bolded part and your interpretation specifically shows you consider me a hater when I constantly give reasoned responses about the trade and why it may have happened. It's not my fault that Richards makes comments that incriminate himself and show their was devisiveness in the room despite how many times you want to bury it and ignore it. You said people don't present facts yet I cite the player's own words and it's hate..lol!

It's no sense trying to reason with all these fanboys where any legit comment pointed out about the whole Carter and Richards trade is denigrated into the hate BS

I'm going to post it again and ask how the hell is this healthy for a locker room? I don't know but little groups suggest there was division in the locker room despite all the apologies made that said this was not the case and we didn't know what went on in the locker room? So pointing this out makes me a hater of Richards and Carter? No it shows there WAS a problem in the locker room of which Richards himself didn't like yet being the captain he was supposed to try and smooth over instead of having daddy Holmgren try and make peace. He obviously didn't like doing it and if you are a captain and don't like dealing or worrying about locker room divisions then it's best you go elsewhere..pretty plain and simple especially since we couldn't afford to fire another coach if the captain wasn't going to have buy in...

Quote:
We also learned just how miserable last season was for Richards. His tension with Peter Laviolette was very real, so were the rumored factions in the Flyers' locker room. Given three chances to endorse him at a practice last week, Laviolette would say little more than that he wasn't here for much of Richards' tenure.

"You can focus in putting the energy on the ice, instead of wasting a lot of it off," Richards said about his time in LA so far last Friday. "It's fun coming to the rink again. You don't have to worry about anything. It's not little groups anymore, it's just one big group."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1b3TnDfi2

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Haters gonna hate.

I'm even not mad at you, you can't help yourself.
I think we need to get a clear definition around here of what a hater is. I don't like Richards any more. That doesn't make me a hater. I never liked Jeff Carter. That doesn't make me a hater. Hating someone and hating on someone are 2 very different things. Hating on someone is just blindly hating someone because of you're jealous of them for things they have and what they have achieved. Disliking Richards and Carter doesn't make me one of their "haters". It just means I don't like them. Hating Crosby because he is a whining, diving, crying little girl doesn't make me one of his "haters". But hating that he is a whining, diving, crying, successful, amazing hockey player does make me one of his "haters". Clear enough?

Old
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
So hoping for a Flyers win was wrong.

And this has what to do with the Caps?
Did I ever say it was wrong to hope the Flyers win? No. I said it was stupid to hope Richards got a hat trick against the Flyers. Don't be stupid. You said you just want them to win and don't care how many goals they give up. That sounds a lot like the Caps to me. Lots of wins in the regular season but complete choke artists in the playoffs because they don't know how to play defensive playoff hockey because all they know how to do is light up the lamp in a regular season style game.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:39 PM
mirimon

Quote:
When I met Richards he returned the kiss, so I have no trouble wishing him success in his new club. As long as Flyers win when we meet the Kings, I hope to see good games from Richards, Gagné and Williams because I liked them as Flyers. If Richards has a hattrick but the Flyers win the game, what exactly is the problem with that?

Old
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Yes, it would be terrible to be forced to have Read in the top 9 and Rinaldo on the 4th line...

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
Yes his choice of players is not ideal but it's the depth of having a fourth line that was the point and we do have more depth now all because we leveraged Carter properly thus far....I'm glad we didn't RESIST trading him.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
When I met Richards he returned the kiss, so I have no trouble wishing him success in his new club. As long as Flyers win when we meet the Kings, I hope to see good games from Richards, Gagné and Williams because I liked them as Flyers. If Richards has a hattrick but the Flyers win the game, what exactly is the problem with that?
I've explained it multiple times in this thread already.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I think we need to get a clear definition around here of what a hater is. I don't like Richards any more. That doesn't make me a hater. I never liked Jeff Carter. That doesn't make me a hater. Hating someone and hating on someone are 2 very different things. Hating on someone is just blindly hating someone because of you're jealous of them for things they have and what they have achieved. Disliking Richards and Carter doesn't make me one of their "haters". It just means I don't like them. Hating Crosby because he is a whining, diving, crying little girl doesn't make me one of his "haters". But hating that he is a whining, diving, crying, successful, amazing hockey player does make me one of his "haters". Clear enough?
Cool story, hater.

Neither one of us is going to be changing the other's mind, about either Mike Richards or one another. Best to just leave this conversation to other posters, IMO.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Cool story, hater.

Neither one of us is going to be changing the other's mind, about either Mike Richards or one another. Best to just leave this conversation to other posters, IMO.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just don't get why people can't be more open minded about an opinion that is different from their own. You call me a hater for not liking Richards. I don't call you a fan boy or a dick rider for liking him. It's perfectly acceptable to like him. I just don't. And yes I think it is utterly stupid to want Richards or any other player in the league to get a hat trick, or even one goal, against Bryz or Bob. I know we won't get 82 shutouts but that won't stop me from wanting us to.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Did I ever say it was wrong to hope the Flyers win? No. I said it was stupid to hope Richards got a hat trick against the Flyers. Don't be stupid. You said you just want them to win and don't care how many goals they give up. That sounds a lot like the Caps to me. Lots of wins in the regular season but complete choke artists in the playoffs because they don't know how to play defensive playoff hockey because all they know how to do is light up the lamp in a regular season style game.
No one has said that. What's been said is shutouts don't give any extra points, and some poster(s) wanted a Flyers win and a Richards hattrick in this particular game. Don't be stupid.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
The bolded part and your interpretation specifically shows you consider me a hater when I constantly give reasoned responses about the trade and why it may have happened. It's not my fault that Richards makes comments that incriminate himself and show their was devisiveness in the room despite how many times you want to bury it and ignore it. You said people don't present facts yet I cite the player's own words and it's hate..lol!

It's no sense trying to reason with all these fanboys where any legit comment pointed out about the whole Carter and Richards trade is denigrated into the hate BS

I'm going to post it again and ask how the hell is this healthy for a locker room? I don't know but little groups suggest there was division in the locker room despite all the apologies made that said this was not the case and we didn't know what went on in the locker room? So pointing this out makes me a hater of Richards and Carter? No it shows there WAS a problem in the locker room of which Richards himself didn't like yet being the captain he was supposed to try and smooth over instead of having daddy Holmgren try and make peace. He obviously didn't like doing it and if you are a captain and don't like dealing or worrying about locker room divisions then it's best you go elsewhere..pretty plain and simple especially since we couldn't afford to fire another coach if the captain wasn't going to have buy in...
I want to know why we need threads painting players now on other teams in a negative light when it can do no good here except spark mindless debate and resurrect dead arguments, instead of letting us focus on this new team we have here. They're gone. That team is gone. That era is gone. This is the start of something new, and I'm far more worried about watching and seeing how it develops and unfolds instead of concentrating on things that are now dead and past (I felt the same way about the Lindros saga once it finished). Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather discuss how things are going with this team now, instead of how things went with this team last year. I personally think that we need to let more time pass and have far, far more information from both sides come out before we can begin trying to have an accurate discussion about the merits of the moves and whether they were the best thing. For one, we have to see what sort of success this shiny new team of ours has in the next couple years; or, as is more likely, during this offseason when we have nothing better to do except wait for Homer to do something weird.

Also, I can't help if you decide to read what I write and deem it as proof that I consider you to be a mindless hater. If that's the case, then perhaps you spend too much time reading too far into what people write. In this case you have derived a "truth" that doesn't exist. You're the one who keeps saying the H word. You think the accusations are there, when they aren't, at least not from me. You seem to enjoy rubbing certain topics into people's faces, and people rarely enjoy that. I was trying to convey that your tendency to do so doesn't do much to help your H status in the eyes of others. It's not an accusation or meant to be negative, it just is what it is.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather discuss how things are going with this team now
Ahh the holier than thou approach....

Servalli posted an article and it was relevant to the time considering we just played Richards. He posted some insight that I and I'm sure others believe to be revealing confirming locker room issues. I see no problem talking about it given the context of Richard's return.

You can keep trying to denigrate me personally like I have some kind of malady but the malady seems to be from people who can't accept the truth that both of them had to be moved and the whole reason why we can look forward now which I agree needs to be done is because we've moved the both of them.

However, it doesn't help that every post somebody makes about Carter or Richards that doesn't sing their praises is quickly rebutted with fatherly protection as if they did no wrong. It's actually pretty pathetic and shows bias and an unhealthy attachment.

One can claim my attachment to the Flyers team is unhealthy but I'll embrace that any day...

Old
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
No one has said that. What's been said is shutouts don't give any extra points, and some poster(s) wanted a Flyers win and a Richards hattrick in this particular game. Don't be stupid.
I don't want my favorite team to get scored on but I'm the stupid one? Why not hope Richards gets a hat trick against St. Louis or Calgary or just anyone other than us? How are you people seriously not getting this?

Old
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just don't get why people can't be more open minded about an opinion that is different from their own. You call me a hater for not liking Richards. I don't call you a fan boy or a dick rider for liking him. It's perfectly acceptable to like him. I just don't. And yes I think it is utterly stupid to want Richards or any other player in the league to get a hat trick, or even one goal, against Bryz or Bob. I know we won't get 82 shutouts but that won't stop me from wanting us to.
I believe that the conclusion you arrive at (Richards was dogging it for the last two years) is incorrect. I believe that it is so obviously incorrect that the only two ways to arrive at that conclusion are either idiocy or as the willful choice of a hater.

A win is a win, if all the good guys on all the teams across the league had good personal results against the Flyers and lost anyway, that would suit me just fine. I like seeing Teemu Selanne score, because he's a good guy. Same thing with Richards.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Ahh the holier than thou approach....

Servalli posted an article and it was relevant to the time considering we just played Richards. He posted some insight that I and I'm sure others believe to be revealing confirming locker room issues. I see no problem talking about it given the context of Richard's return.

You can keep trying to denigrate me personally like I have some kind of malady but the malady seems to be from people who can't accept the truth that both of them had to be moved and the whole reason why we can look forward now which I agree needs to be done is because we've moved the both of them.

However, it doesn't help that every post somebody makes about Carter or Richards that doesn't sing their praises is quickly rebutted with fatherly protection as if they did no wrong. It's actually pretty pathetic and shows bias and an unhealthy attachment.

One can claim my attachment to the Flyers team is unhealthy but I'll embrace that any day
This. A millions times.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
I believe that the conclusion you arrive at (Richards was dogging it for the last two years) is incorrect. I believe that it is so obviously incorrect that the only two ways to arrive at that conclusion are either idiocy or as the willful choice of a hater.

A win is a win, if all the good guys on all the teams across the league had good personal results against the Flyers and lost anyway, that would suit me just fine. I like seeing Teemu Selanne score, because he's a good guy. Same thing with Richards.
I have no problems explaining my stance on things so would you do me a favor and just explain how it is so "obviously incorrect"? Not why you think it's incorrect, but what's it's obviously incorrect.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
mirimon

Quote:
I don't want my favorite team to get scored on but I'm the stupid one? Why not hope Richards gets a hat trick against St. Louis or Calgary or just anyone other than us? How are you people seriously not getting this?
How much do you want the Flyers to win with? I'm wanting us to score one more goal than that. Does that make me a better fan?

What's so hard to grasp that people like certain players and want to see them do well? As long as you want Flyers to win, I don't see what the problem is.

This particular game was a bit special, next game against the Kings I don't think you'll see quite as many of us (openly admitting) hoping to see a really, really good game from Richards. Just like a lot of us were talking about how we wanted to see Gagné score against us last year in his first game back, but didn't really focus on him this time around. Gagné's been my favourite Flyer btw.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I have no problems explaining my stance on things so would you do me a favor and just explain how it is so "obviously incorrect"? Not why you think it's incorrect, but what's it's obviously incorrect.
Richards results, given the situation he was playing in, are unattainable with out intense effort. By anyone, let alone a player like Richards, who got by on smarts and effort far more than talent.