HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
  #626
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
sunday, 16 oct in MHL

Vlci defeated Yunost, Daniel Stumpf (Yunost) with 2 goals
Oceľové Líšky – Mamuty Jugry 5:3, derby of a day
finnish goalie of SNežní Barsy, Ville Kolppanen (´92), played first game in MHL, shoutout.
wiinning goal by Vladislav Lysenko (´95)
Rihards Bukarts (´95) scored, Kapitan won over Red Army

vorky is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
  #627
yunost
Registered User
 
yunost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Kapitan won over Red Army
thats crazy

yunost is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
  #628
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
thats crazy
yup, too many young kids and Uvaev are not doing the job.

cska78 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
  #629
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
vs.
Russian Red Stars
Day: Thursday
Date: Jan. 5, 2012
Location: Tsongas Center
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

ok, clearly MHL site had an error and the game is in MASS (UmASS Lowell - Red stars)

cska78 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
  #630
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,753
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
you think a forth rounder is highly regarded? lol...a guy like that should be drafted top-10, that is "highly regarded"
Considering the Hawks poor history of drafting Russians and fact it was almost 5 years since we had drafted a Russian

Yeah a 4th rounder by Hawks says something ,, You dont throw away a quality pick on someone that you dont think highly of

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
  #631
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Considering the Hawks poor history of drafting Russians and fact it was almost 5 years since we had drafted a Russian

Yeah a 4th rounder by Hawks says something ,, You dont throw away a quality pick on someone that you dont think highly of
your organization can draft anyone they want, calling a 4th pick - anything but a a low level pick is ridiculous: it's where you pick a player who will most likely be your fourth liner/AHL player or take a risk on someone who fell for whatever reason. Get out of fantasy league my friend. And please do not overuse google trying to prove me otherwise, I am sure people drafted in the 4th became stars here and there, I am talking common sense.

cska78 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
  #632
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
your organization can draft anyone they want, calling a 4th pick - anything but a a low level pick is ridiculous: it's where you pick a player who will most likely be your fourth liner/AHL player or take a risk on someone who fell for whatever reason. Get out of fantasy league my friend. And please do not overuse google trying to prove me otherwise, I am sure people drafted in the 4th became stars here and there, I am talking common sense.
I'm sure this will happen in the KHL too.

Anyhow, I fear that some MHL kids could fall under the NHL's hands sooner or later, if only because they were picked as 4th-rounders in the NHL or so.

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 05:28 AM
  #633
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
thats crazy
I wouldn't call it that big a surprise, they were playing at home plus Kapitan is not as bad team as results show... a lot of close games lost, 4 losses in SO (out of four games)

Kapitan - SKA 2:3
Barsy- Kapitan 2:1 SO
Barsy- Kapitan 3:1
Vityaz- Kapitan 4:3
Vityaz -Kapitan 6:2
Kapitan - Red Army 4:5
Kapitan-Red Army 3:0

Yes, Red Army had Gusev and Kucherov but they aren't stellar either this year. And Kapitan, coming from the change of coaching staff with new motivation probably... and some player changes and there you have it

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
  #634
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
result of monday 17.oct

vorky is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
  #635
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
I wouldn't use Red Army results as any sort of indication. Kucherov and Gusev PPG is very impressive in the MHL. And their KHL transition is normal, remember Kuznetsov in his first 1.5 years in the KHL? not too impressive, it's a phase and most young guys go through it. Right now Barbashev is getting a fair shot. I like their policy so far.

Considering the amount of '94-'95 talent the Red Army has on their team, they are actually doing ok. I remember when they played poorly 2 years ago, but at the same time developed Kucherov and Gusev- well worth it.

Steel foxes are a bit more concerning, Zdunov, Apalkov, Potekhin and Soloviev all deserve some 1st team time and MHL might be slowing down their development a bit. They've been around the league for a while and have outgrown it. On the other hand, it's good that the strongest juniors are playing in the league- making it stronger and more challenging.

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
  #636
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I wouldn't use Red Army results as any sort of indication. Kucherov and Gusev PPG is very impressive in the MHL. And their KHL transition is normal, remember Kuznetsov in his first 1.5 years in the KHL? not too impressive, it's a phase and most young guys go through it. Right now Barbashev is getting a fair shot. I like their policy so far.

Considering the amount of '94-'95 talent the Red Army has on their team, they are actually doing ok. I remember when they played poorly 2 years ago, but at the same time developed Kucherov and Gusev- well worth it.

Steel foxes are a bit more concerning, Zdunov, Apalkov, Potekhin and Soloviev all deserve some 1st team time and MHL might be slowing down their development a bit. They've been around the league for a while and have outgrown it. On the other hand, it's good that the strongest juniors are playing in the league- making it stronger and more challenging.
Would it do any good to any of these players to have them play in the VHL? I understand that they have little left to learn out of major junior hockey.

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
  #637
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Would it do any good to any of these players to have them play in the VHL? I understand that they have little left to learn out of major junior hockey.
it most certainly would, and Magnitka has the farm in the vhl (unlike CSKA...)....But the Eastern conference team policy is different from the West, they want to keep the players in juniors to show how "great" their developmental system is, while it is really not that great playing 90-91 vs. 94-95.

Некоторые молодые хоккеисты не хотят играть в ВХЛ, предпочитая МХЛ. Что вы скажете?
Я тоже слышал об этом. Просто у некоторых есть такое убеждение: если попадешь в «вышку», никогда оттуда не выберешься. Но я считаю, если будешь прогрессировать, где бы ты ни играл, тебя возьмут на более высокий уровень. А в ВХЛ можно еще и опыта набраться. Хотя есть вундеркинды, которым не нужна эта промежуточная ступень. Например, Антон Слепышев. Он в Пензе не провёл ни одного матча за «Дизель», играл по первой лиге. А сейчас сразу закрепился в «Кузне» и набирает очки в КХЛ.

that's another take - from a young player's interview - he's saying that some MHL players don't wanna go to the VHL as the beliefe is - once you are in the VHL there's no way out.


Last edited by cska78: 10-17-2011 at 07:37 PM.
cska78 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 03:35 AM
  #638
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
it most certainly would, and Magnitka has the farm in the vhl (unlike CSKA...)....But the Eastern conference team policy is different from the West, they want to keep the players in juniors to show how "great" their developmental system is, while it is really not that great playing 90-91 vs. 94-95.

Некоторые молодые хоккеисты не хотят играть в ВХЛ, предпочитая МХЛ. Что вы скажете?
Я тоже слышал об этом. Просто у некоторых есть такое убеждение: если попадешь в «вышку», никогда оттуда не выберешься. Но я считаю, если будешь прогрессировать, где бы ты ни играл, тебя возьмут на более высокий уровень. А в ВХЛ можно еще и опыта набраться. Хотя есть вундеркинды, которым не нужна эта промежуточная ступень. Например, Антон Слепышев. Он в Пензе не провёл ни одного матча за «Дизель», играл по первой лиге. А сейчас сразу закрепился в «Кузне» и набирает очки в КХЛ.

that's another take - from a young player's interview - he's saying that some MHL players don't wanna go to the VHL as the beliefe is - once you are in the VHL there's no way out.
do you know who is he? IMO some influence is popularity of MHL compared to VHL. VHL is not so popular.. at least in meadias.. Am I right?

vorky is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 07:29 AM
  #639
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
do you know who is he? IMO some influence is popularity of MHL compared to VHL. VHL is not so popular.. at least in meadias.. Am I right?
Last year VHL was mostly non-existent in the mass-media, while today they are getting more airtime on the KHL's channel, they have their own program ("Vyshaya Akademiya" or something like that), results of their matches are included in the news (not only KHL TV, even Russia 24 has some info). Attendance is also growing.

It's my belief that most '90-'91 guys should leave for the VHL, their talent will prosper there.

Helpoing is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
  #640
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Last year VHL was mostly non-existent in the mass-media, while today they are getting more airtime on the KHL's channel, they have their own program ("Vyshaya Akademiya" or something like that), results of their matches are included in the news (not only KHL TV, even Russia 24 has some info). Attendance is also growing.

It's my belief that most '90-'91 guys should leave for the VHL, their talent will prosper there.
agreed absolutely

cska78 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
  #641
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
do you know who is he? IMO some influence is popularity of MHL compared to VHL. VHL is not so popular.. at least in meadias.. Am I right?
Kruchinin - SKA

cska78 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
  #642
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
today MHL
MHK Khimik ended winning streak (15 victoties in a row)
Goldobin (´95) of RUskie Vitazi with an assist, Bučnevič (´95) of Almaz scored
Pavel Černov (´90) of Mytishchintskie Atlanti played 1st game in MHL this season, had 2 A.

vorky is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
  #643
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
that's another take - from a young player's interview - he's saying that some MHL players don't wanna go to the VHL as the beliefe is - once you are in the VHL there's no way out.
Indeed, did some digging and it turns out that there are almost twice as many players under age of twenty having an appearance in KHL than in VHL.

ozo is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
  #644
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
mhl results of 19.oct

vorky is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
  #645
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Last year VHL was mostly non-existent in the mass-media, while today they are getting more airtime on the KHL's channel, they have their own program ("Vyshaya Akademiya" or something like that), results of their matches are included in the news (not only KHL TV, even Russia 24 has some info). Attendance is also growing.

It's my belief that most '90-'91 guys should leave for the VHL, their talent will prosper there.
Just like so many '90-'91 North American guys could use the AHL... at least Western Conference clubs accept to have a couple of the better MHL players play on a VHL team (provided the KHL club has a VHL affiliate) when given the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Indeed, did some digging and it turns out that there are almost twice as many players under age of twenty having an appearance in KHL than in VHL.
How many of those players played for KHL teams without a VHL affiliate?

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 06:40 AM
  #646
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post

How many of those players played for KHL teams without a VHL affiliate?
Good question, which I'm unable to answer because I don't know all affiliated club systems in KHL and whether non-Russian club players should be excluded. That said CSKA makes up a fair chunk of those KHL players indeed.

ozo is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
  #647
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
MHL just released some season stats:
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=8555

1/4 of the season is through and 899 players have participated in MHL games. Of those:
22 were born in 1995;
134 - in 1994;
193 - in 1993;
227 - in 1992;
199 - in 1991 (~150 would be better);
124 - in 1990 (~100 would be better, ~75 would be much better).

Helpoing is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
  #648
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Good question, which I'm unable to answer because I don't know all affiliated club systems in KHL and whether non-Russian club players should be excluded. That said CSKA makes up a fair chunk of those KHL players indeed.
you can see affilations of russian KHL teams at banner. HC LEV´s farm team is HK Poprad

vorky is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
  #649
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
best of last week in MHL

vorky is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
  #650
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Today Loko will play their first game at the big club's arena. 8k at the game?

Helpoing is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.