HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
sunday, 16 oct in MHL

Vlci defeated Yunost, Daniel Stumpf (Yunost) with 2 goals
Oceľové Líšky – Mamuty Jugry 5:3, derby of a day
finnish goalie of SNežní Barsy, Ville Kolppanen (´92), played first game in MHL, shoutout.
wiinning goal by Vladislav Lysenko (´95)
Rihards Bukarts (´95) scored, Kapitan won over Red Army

Old
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
yunost

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Kapitan won over Red Army
thats crazy

Old
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
thats crazy
yup, too many young kids and Uvaev are not doing the job.

Old
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
cska78

vs.
Russian Red Stars
Day: Thursday
Date: Jan. 5, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

ok, clearly MHL site had an error and the game is in MASS (UmASS Lowell - Red stars)

Old
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
you think a forth rounder is highly regarded? lol...a guy like that should be drafted top-10, that is "highly regarded"
Considering the Hawks poor history of drafting Russians and fact it was almost 5 years since we had drafted a Russian

Yeah a 4th rounder by Hawks says something ,, You dont throw away a quality pick on someone that you dont think highly of

Old
10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Considering the Hawks poor history of drafting Russians and fact it was almost 5 years since we had drafted a Russian

Yeah a 4th rounder by Hawks says something ,, You dont throw away a quality pick on someone that you dont think highly of
your organization can draft anyone they want, calling a 4th pick - anything but a a low level pick is ridiculous: it's where you pick a player who will most likely be your fourth liner/AHL player or take a risk on someone who fell for whatever reason. Get out of fantasy league my friend. And please do not overuse google trying to prove me otherwise, I am sure people drafted in the 4th became stars here and there, I am talking common sense.

Old
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
your organization can draft anyone they want, calling a 4th pick - anything but a a low level pick is ridiculous: it's where you pick a player who will most likely be your fourth liner/AHL player or take a risk on someone who fell for whatever reason. Get out of fantasy league my friend. And please do not overuse google trying to prove me otherwise, I am sure people drafted in the 4th became stars here and there, I am talking common sense.
I'm sure this will happen in the KHL too.

Anyhow, I fear that some MHL kids could fall under the NHL's hands sooner or later, if only because they were picked as 4th-rounders in the NHL or so.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
thats crazy
I wouldn't call it that big a surprise, they were playing at home plus Kapitan is not as bad team as results show... a lot of close games lost, 4 losses in SO (out of four games)

Kapitan - SKA 2:3
Barsy- Kapitan 2:1 SO
Barsy- Kapitan 3:1
Vityaz- Kapitan 4:3
Vityaz -Kapitan 6:2
Kapitan - Red Army 4:5
Kapitan-Red Army 3:0

Yes, Red Army had Gusev and Kucherov but they aren't stellar either this year. And Kapitan, coming from the change of coaching staff with new motivation probably... and some player changes and there you have it

Old
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

result of monday 17.oct

Old
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Fulcrum

I wouldn't use Red Army results as any sort of indication. Kucherov and Gusev PPG is very impressive in the MHL. And their KHL transition is normal, remember Kuznetsov in his first 1.5 years in the KHL? not too impressive, it's a phase and most young guys go through it. Right now Barbashev is getting a fair shot. I like their policy so far.

Considering the amount of '94-'95 talent the Red Army has on their team, they are actually doing ok. I remember when they played poorly 2 years ago, but at the same time developed Kucherov and Gusev- well worth it.

Steel foxes are a bit more concerning, Zdunov, Apalkov, Potekhin and Soloviev all deserve some 1st team time and MHL might be slowing down their development a bit. They've been around the league for a while and have outgrown it. On the other hand, it's good that the strongest juniors are playing in the league- making it stronger and more challenging.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I wouldn't use Red Army results as any sort of indication. Kucherov and Gusev PPG is very impressive in the MHL. And their KHL transition is normal, remember Kuznetsov in his first 1.5 years in the KHL? not too impressive, it's a phase and most young guys go through it. Right now Barbashev is getting a fair shot. I like their policy so far.

Considering the amount of '94-'95 talent the Red Army has on their team, they are actually doing ok. I remember when they played poorly 2 years ago, but at the same time developed Kucherov and Gusev- well worth it.

Steel foxes are a bit more concerning, Zdunov, Apalkov, Potekhin and Soloviev all deserve some 1st team time and MHL might be slowing down their development a bit. They've been around the league for a while and have outgrown it. On the other hand, it's good that the strongest juniors are playing in the league- making it stronger and more challenging.
Would it do any good to any of these players to have them play in the VHL? I understand that they have little left to learn out of major junior hockey.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Would it do any good to any of these players to have them play in the VHL? I understand that they have little left to learn out of major junior hockey.
it most certainly would, and Magnitka has the farm in the vhl (unlike CSKA...)....But the Eastern conference team policy is different from the West, they want to keep the players in juniors to show how "great" their developmental system is, while it is really not that great playing 90-91 vs. 94-95.

Некоторые молодые хоккеисты не хотят играть в ВХЛ, предпочитая МХЛ. Что вы скажете?
Я тоже слышал об этом. Просто у некоторых есть такое убеждение: если попадешь в «вышку», никогда оттуда не выберешься. Но я считаю, если будешь прогрессировать, где бы ты ни играл, тебя возьмут на более высокий уровень. А в ВХЛ можно еще и опыта набраться. Хотя есть вундеркинды, которым не нужна эта промежуточная ступень. Например, Антон Слепышев. Он в Пензе не провёл ни одного матча за «Дизель», играл по первой лиге. А сейчас сразу закрепился в «Кузне» и набирает очки в КХЛ.

that's another take - from a young player's interview - he's saying that some MHL players don't wanna go to the VHL as the beliefe is - once you are in the VHL there's no way out.

Last edited by cska78: 10-17-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old
10-18-2011, 03:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
it most certainly would, and Magnitka has the farm in the vhl (unlike CSKA...)....But the Eastern conference team policy is different from the West, they want to keep the players in juniors to show how "great" their developmental system is, while it is really not that great playing 90-91 vs. 94-95.

Некоторые молодые хоккеисты не хотят играть в ВХЛ, предпочитая МХЛ. Что вы скажете?
Я тоже слышал об этом. Просто у некоторых есть такое убеждение: если попадешь в «вышку», никогда оттуда не выберешься. Но я считаю, если будешь прогрессировать, где бы ты ни играл, тебя возьмут на более высокий уровень. А в ВХЛ можно еще и опыта набраться. Хотя есть вундеркинды, которым не нужна эта промежуточная ступень. Например, Антон Слепышев. Он в Пензе не провёл ни одного матча за «Дизель», играл по первой лиге. А сейчас сразу закрепился в «Кузне» и набирает очки в КХЛ.

that's another take - from a young player's interview - he's saying that some MHL players don't wanna go to the VHL as the beliefe is - once you are in the VHL there's no way out.
do you know who is he? IMO some influence is popularity of MHL compared to VHL. VHL is not so popular.. at least in meadias.. Am I right?

Old
10-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
do you know who is he? IMO some influence is popularity of MHL compared to VHL. VHL is not so popular.. at least in meadias.. Am I right?
Last year VHL was mostly non-existent in the mass-media, while today they are getting more airtime on the KHL's channel, they have their own program ("Vyshaya Akademiya" or something like that), results of their matches are included in the news (not only KHL TV, even Russia 24 has some info). Attendance is also growing.

It's my belief that most '90-'91 guys should leave for the VHL, their talent will prosper there.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Last year VHL was mostly non-existent in the mass-media, while today they are getting more airtime on the KHL's channel, they have their own program ("Vyshaya Akademiya" or something like that), results of their matches are included in the news (not only KHL TV, even Russia 24 has some info). Attendance is also growing.

It's my belief that most '90-'91 guys should leave for the VHL, their talent will prosper there.
agreed absolutely

Old
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
cska78

Quote:
Kruchinin - SKA

Old
10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

today MHL
MHK Khimik ended winning streak (15 victoties in a row)
Goldobin (´95) of RUskie Vitazi with an assist, Bučnevič (´95) of Almaz scored
Pavel Černov (´90) of Mytishchintskie Atlanti played 1st game in MHL this season, had 2 A.

Old
10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Indeed, did some digging and it turns out that there are almost twice as many players under age of twenty having an appearance in KHL than in VHL.

Old
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

mhl results of 19.oct

Old
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post

Just like so many '90-'91 North American guys could use the AHL... at least Western Conference clubs accept to have a couple of the better MHL players play on a VHL team (provided the KHL club has a VHL affiliate) when given the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Indeed, did some digging and it turns out that there are almost twice as many players under age of twenty having an appearance in KHL than in VHL.
How many of those players played for KHL teams without a VHL affiliate?

Old
10-20-2011, 06:40 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post

How many of those players played for KHL teams without a VHL affiliate?
Good question, which I'm unable to answer because I don't know all affiliated club systems in KHL and whether non-Russian club players should be excluded. That said CSKA makes up a fair chunk of those KHL players indeed.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

MHL just released some season stats:
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=8555

1/4 of the season is through and 899 players have participated in MHL games. Of those:
22 were born in 1995;
134 - in 1994;
193 - in 1993;
227 - in 1992;
199 - in 1991 (~150 would be better);
124 - in 1990 (~100 would be better, ~75 would be much better).

Old
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Good question, which I'm unable to answer because I don't know all affiliated club systems in KHL and whether non-Russian club players should be excluded. That said CSKA makes up a fair chunk of those KHL players indeed.
you can see affilations of russian KHL teams at banner. HC LEV´s farm team is HK Poprad

Old
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

best of last week in MHL

Old
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Today Loko will play their first game at the big club's arena. 8k at the game?

Closed Thread