HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4|Oct 15, 2011|Kings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-17-2011, 05:18 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
I don't want my favorite team to get scored on but I'm the stupid one? Why not hope Richards gets a hat trick against St. Louis or Calgary or just anyone other than us? How are you people seriously not getting this?
I hope Richards, Gagne, Carter and most ex-Flyers kick ass all over the league. I wish them well in their new teams. As long as the Flyers come out at the end of the game with 2 points, I'm not going to shed a tear about an ex-Flyer doing well.

If it had played out the way I hoped, with Richards getting a hat trick, and the Flyers winning the game in regulation, how is that bad for the Flyers?

You're absolutely right on one thing. I don't understand.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:20 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
How much do you want the Flyers to win with? I'm wanting us to score one more goal than that. Does that make me a better fan?

What's so hard to grasp that people like certain players and want to see them do well? As long as you want Flyers to win, I don't see what the problem is.

This particular game was a bit special, next game against the Kings I don't think you'll see quite as many of us (openly admitting) hoping to see a really, really good game from Richards. Just like a lot of us were talking about how we wanted to see Gagné score against us last year in his first game back, but didn't really focus on him this time around. Gagné's been my favourite Flyer btw.
When i watch a Flyers game I want them to score as much as possible and give up as little amount of goals as possible. Not trying to turn this into a "who's a better fan" competition. Just saying I never want anyone to score on the Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Richards results, given the situation he was playing in, are unattainable with out intense effort. By anyone, let alone a player like Richards, who got by on smarts and effort far more than talent.
I think Richards is overrated in the heart and effort department and underrated in the talent department.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I hope Richards, Gagne, Carter and most ex-Flyers kick ass all over the league. I wish them well in their new teams. As long as the Flyers come out at the end of the game with 2 points, I'm not going to shed a tear about an ex-Flyer doing well.

If it had played out the way I hoped, with Richards getting a hat trick, and the Flyers winning the game in regulation, how is that bad for the Flyers?

You're absolutely right on one thing. I don't understand.
You're right. You don't understand and obviously aren't going to understand. I'm done with you.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
kimmofan44

if the fans give you a standing o, isn't it the right thing to tip you stick or gve some gesture back to them? we weren't the ones who traded him after all... gags acknowlegded the fans when he came back with tampa bay... whats the difference?? its just been eating at me a little bit so i thought i'd put it out there.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Ahh the holier than thou approach....

Servalli posted an article and it was relevant to the time considering we just played Richards. He posted some insight that I and I'm sure others believe to be revealing confirming locker room issues. I see no problem talking about it given the context of Richard's return.

You can keep trying to denigrate me personally like I have some kind of malady but the malady seems to be from people who can't accept the truth that both of them had to be moved and the whole reason why we can look forward now which I agree needs to be done is because we've moved the both of them.

However, it doesn't help that every post somebody makes about Carter or Richards that doesn't sing their praises is quickly rebutted with fatherly protection as if they did no wrong. It's actually pretty pathetic and shows bias and an unhealthy attachment.

One can claim my attachment to the Flyers team is unhealthy but I'll embrace that any day...
I'm ****ing done with you, dude. You are paranoid as hell when it comes to me, and assume EVERYTHING I say is meant to demean you when it isn't, and for whatever ****ing reason you think I'm out to get you. I'm not. I can't help that, and I'm ****ing over it because it's gotten very, very old. I hope you enjoy thinking that you're some persecuted martyr.

Take it easy.

mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
if the fans give you a standing o, isn't it the right thing to tip you stick or gve some gesture back to them? we weren't the ones who traded him after all... gags acknowlegded the fans when he came back with tampa bay... whats the difference?? its just been eating at me a little bit so i thought i'd put it out there.
It happened right when he was about to take a faceoff didn't it?

I don't think it was a break in play, I might remember wrong though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
They showed the Richards acknowledgement on the board immediately before a faceoff. Richards didn't have time to do anything but line up for the faceoff.

Gagne had a highlight video (if I recall correctly) that gave him a more time to wave to the fans.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
kimmofan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
They showed the Richards acknowledgement on the board immediately before a faceoff. Richards didn't have time to do anything but line up for the faceoff.

Gagne had a highlight video (if I recall correctly) that gave him a more time to wave to the fans.
i have the gam on dvr, he had almost a minute to show the fans he appreciated them, and didn't. i watched it a couple times to make sure i wasn't letting the emotion of the moment get the better of me. its neither here nor there i know, but it bothered me a little. the gagne video tribute was awesome

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm ****ing done with you, dude. You are paranoid as hell when it comes to me, and assume EVERYTHING I say is meant to demean you when it isn't, and for whatever ****ing reason you think I'm out to get you. I'm not. I can't help that, and I'm ****ing over it because it's gotten very, very old. I hope you enjoy thinking that you're some persecuted martyr.

Take it easy.
Umm I think you need to take it Ez.. obviously touched a nerve given all the asterix...

Yup done with you but never done rebutting rebuttals claiming carter and richards are above criticism. Sorry not going to let that pass bc its not accurate.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Umm I think you need to take it Ez.. obviously touched a nerve given all the asterix...

Yup done with you but never done rebutting rebuttals claiming carter and richards are above criticism. Sorry not going to let that pass bc its not accurate.
I've never, ever said they're above criticism. You've decided that I and others think that, and carry on with your "woe is me, I'm so persecuted" act. And with that, I'm out of this thread and looking to the next game.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

This seems like it's turned into a pissing match. Calm down guys. Jeez...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
i have the gam on dvr, he had almost a minute to show the fans he appreciated them, and didn't. i watched it a couple times to make sure i wasn't letting the emotion of the moment get the better of me. its neither here nor there i know, but it bothered me a little. the gagne video tribute was awesome
That's not consistent with footage from the game:

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6

They showed the slide and then there was the faceoff.

Honestly he probably had a chance to say something after the game if he wanted to, but a night's worth of boo's outweighs two moments of cheering (as it always does in Philadelphia). And there was booing before the game, so he did what everyone else on the planet wanted him to do, and that's give Philadelphia the ultimate middle finger by making the play that won the game.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Some Philly fans are dumb. I was sitting behind 3 guys who heckled Richards the whole game, saying he never did **** in Philadelphia. I was about to behead them.

10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
That's not consistent with footage from the game:

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6

They showed the slide and then there was the faceoff.

Honestly he probably had a chance to say something after the game if he wanted to, but a night's worth of boo's outweighs two moments of cheering (as it always doesy in Philadelphia). And there was booing before the game, so he did what everyone else on the planet wanted him to do, and that's give Philadelphia the ultimate middle finger by making the play that won the game.
"I fear we have awakened a mumbling giant" ~Jonathan Matsumoto

Old
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I've never, ever said they're above criticism. You've decided that I and others think that, and carry on with your "woe is me, I'm so persecuted" act. And with that, I'm out of this thread and looking to the next game.
He is soooooo crazeeeeee!

Yup until the Columbus game Nov 5th.....

Old
10-18-2011, 01:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
I dont know how anyone can say Richards didnt bust his ass when he was here. the guy played his ass off until the very last shift he played for this organization. Did he asked to be traded? no. he loved it here. He had nothing but good things to say about the fans and the organization.
To question the guys desire and effort when he was here is flat out wrong.
As far as Carter goes when he was here he could never win. He could of scored 70 goals a year and the idiots would still be saying hes Mr. high and wide.
i think this thread has run its course for me as well. i read everyhing I missed while I was at work and a good portian of it is nothing but ****ing garbage and blind hate and nonsense.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I dont know how anyone can say Richards didnt bust his ass when he was here. the guy played his ass off until the very last shift he played for this organization. Did he asked to be traded? no. he loved it here. He had nothing but good things to say about the fans and the organization.
To question the guys desire and effort when he was here is flat out wrong.
As far as Carter goes when he was here he could never win. He could of scored 70 goals a year and the idiots would still be saying hes Mr. high and wide.
i think this thread has run its course for me as well. i read everyhing I missed while I was at work and a good portian of it is nothing but ****ing garbage and blind hate and nonsense.
Not only high and wide, and always missing the net, but doing so while consistently leading the team in shots on goal every year.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Not only high and wide, and always missing the net, but doing so while consistently leading the team in shots on goal every year.
Last Season Richards missed the net a higher percentage of time that Carter did.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Lather em up...

As the late Fred Shero would say

"You play for the emblem on the front, not the name on the back. ..."

Let's go

Old
10-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Last Season Richards missed the net a higher percentage of time that Carter did.
I would hazard a guess that his wrist injury probably had something to do with that. His stick skills in general didn't look as good last year.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I would hazard a guess that his wrist injury probably had something to do with that. His stick skills in general didn't look as good last year.
it's cause he wasn't buying into the system, MAN, and he was lazy and a bust and an awful captain as proved during his entire tenure in philly, DUH.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
If you don't shoot the puck, you're not going to score. That's the nuts and bolts to it. Mike Bossy used to shoot at the goalie, his misses were goals.