HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still Random After All These Years... (RTOTD v.2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
  #151
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
No time to be hitting the panic button. Leave that for the people in Winnipeg

GwtGlads2013 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
  #152
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
No time to be hitting the panic button. Leave that for the people in Winnipeg
They smashed their panic button with a rubber mallet. It's a great read.

I hope that team goes 0-82.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
  #153
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They smashed their panic button with a rubber mallet. It's a great read.

I hope that team goes 0-82.
Yeah it is amusing watching them freak out after only 3 games.

GwtGlads2013 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 10:25 PM
  #154
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They smashed their panic button with a rubber mallet. It's a great read.

I hope that team goes 0-82.
link?

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
  #155
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
link?
Whoop, 'dere it is!

I assure you, reading the entire thread will remind you of a few experiences we've had among ourselves in the past, especially if you were on the NP.com boards at the start of every season after 05-06...

On a tangential note, our men's soccer team really, really likes dance music for their pregame warm-ups. Kinda wonder which players pick the music. I somehow doubt it's any of the kids from the Nashville area, but they might...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 03:44 AM
  #156
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Feeling particularly domesticated this evening, I've decided to whip up a new dish for dinner: applesauce-stuffed pork tenderloins, literally making the classic Brady Bunch line of "pork chops and applesauce" a reality.
I love that. I usually just pan fry pork chops and then let them simmer in applesause for a while. Sometimes I chop up some apples and let them cook in there, too. It's so simple, but so good together.

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
  #157
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 500
College is a scary place. Since coming to college I have witnessed

1. One professor tell the entire class that we are "****ing morons that don't know the world" and is properly going to "reeducate us."

2. One professor assign violent stories about things that would get me banned on this sight and called them "great works"

3. Have a professor storm out of a class after telling us we don't respect him.

4. Have a professor show up stoned and lay on his desk while babbling nonsense.

5. Have a professor say that Russia was not "communist" but a "dictatorship."

6. Have had people say that soldiers and their families are not the true victims of Westboro "church"

7. Have had a George Clooney on campus.

Wowzers

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
  #158
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
College is a scary place. Since coming to college I have witnessed

1. One professor tell the entire class that we are "****ing morons that don't know the world" and is properly going to "reeducate us."

2. One professor assign violent stories about things that would get me banned on this sight and called them "great works"

3. Have a professor storm out of a class after telling us we don't respect him.

4. Have a professor show up stoned and lay on his desk while babbling nonsense.

5. Have a professor say that Russia was not "communist" but a "dictatorship."

6. Have had people say that soldiers and their families are not the true victims of Westboro "church"

7. Have had a George Clooney on campus.

Wowzers
well, college hasn't changed much in 30 years, lol.

still remember sitting on the grass next to the first baseman(during the baseball game) and drinking from the keg brought by the history professor!!

predfan98 is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
  #159
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
College is a scary place. Since coming to college I have witnessed

1. One professor tell the entire class that we are "****ing morons that don't know the world" and is properly going to "reeducate us."

2. One professor assign violent stories about things that would get me banned on this sight and called them "great works"

3. Have a professor storm out of a class after telling us we don't respect him.

4. Have a professor show up stoned and lay on his desk while babbling nonsense.

5. Have a professor say that Russia was not "communist" but a "dictatorship."

6. Have had people say that soldiers and their families are not the true victims of Westboro "church"

7. Have had a George Clooney on campus.

Wowzers
Before I started someone told me that college is like the rest of life. If you believe everything someone else tells you you're going to wind up worse than they are.

I had some great professors. I also had some that should probably disappear from the face of the planet. I agreed with very few of them. But I can now argue and rebut the most looney of nutjobs because I paid attention to the madness and picked it apart on my own time. I also know when it's just not worth it because someone will never waiver despite the craziness of a position.

By junior year I realized college wasn't all about books and tests. You learn to deal with people you love, hate and want to secretly murder.

I still keep in touch with a few of my professors. One is a season ticket holder. We agreed on very little but still got along great. I thought I was going to fail one class miserably because I argued with the professor over a point I just couldn't let go. In the end it turned out he loved it because I didn't back down just because he was in charge. He told me to keep doing it.

And then there was that one guy who taught Appreciation of Literature...

JohniusMaximus is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
  #160
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Before I started someone told me that college is like the rest of life. If you believe everything someone else tells you you're going to wind up worse than they are.

I had some great professors. I also had some that should probably disappear from the face of the planet. I agreed with very few of them. But I can now argue and rebut the most looney of nutjobs because I paid attention to the madness and picked it apart on my own time. I also know when it's just not worth it because someone will never waiver despite the craziness of a position.

By junior year I realized college wasn't all about books and tests. You learn to deal with people you love, hate and want to secretly murder.

I still keep in touch with a few of my professors. One is a season ticket holder. We agreed on very little but still got along great. I thought I was going to fail one class miserably because I argued with the professor over a point I just couldn't let go. In the end it turned out he loved it because I didn't back down just because he was in charge. He told me to keep doing it.

And then there was that one guy who taught Appreciation of Literature...
I am actually learning that as well. I am just stunned by some of this. Not like I am actually going to listen to any of these clowns, but still. I've realized I've been on auto pilot in my thinking for almost a year now...

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 05:18 PM
  #161
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Before I started someone told me that college is like the rest of life. If you believe everything someone else tells you you're going to wind up worse than they are.

I had some great professors. I also had some that should probably disappear from the face of the planet. I agreed with very few of them. But I can now argue and rebut the most looney of nutjobs because I paid attention to the madness and picked it apart on my own time. I also know when it's just not worth it because someone will never waiver despite the craziness of a position.

By junior year I realized college wasn't all about books and tests. You learn to deal with people you love, hate and want to secretly murder.

I still keep in touch with a few of my professors. One is a season ticket holder. We agreed on very little but still got along great. I thought I was going to fail one class miserably because I argued with the professor over a point I just couldn't let go. In the end it turned out he loved it because I didn't back down just because he was in charge. He told me to keep doing it.

And then there was that one guy who taught Appreciation of Literature...
Let's hope there are more people in that first group than in the other two.

GwtGlads2013 is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
  #162
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I thought in here would be ok...

So I went to the devs game in Nashville on Saturday and all I have to say is wow. I love your arena, your fans are loud and passionate, the cheers are in sync and the area around the arena is a blast. I will be back every single year the devs play there.

I LOVED all the bars around the arena. Really a big fan of all the live music. I left really impressed and excited to return.

BrodeursCups is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM
  #163
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
College is a scary place. Since coming to college I have witnessed

Wowzers
Yup sounds like the classical arrogance of college to me

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 12:28 AM
  #164
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I thought in here would be ok...

So I went to the devs game in Nashville on Saturday and all I have to say is wow. I love your arena, your fans are loud and passionate, the cheers are in sync and the area around the arena is a blast. I will be back every single year the devs play there.

I LOVED all the bars around the arena. Really a big fan of all the live music. I left really impressed and excited to return.
Thanks for all the kind words! Trust me, if you think that was excited fans, you need to come to a win. That was dead for us. We bring the whole college-football-we-are-louder-than-you deal to the hockey rink.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
  #165
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
So now DirecTV and Fox are bickering like Dish Network last year. Around November 1st Fox goes away along with Preds games.

I switched to DirecTV last year because of this crap and am now in the midst of a lovely 2 year contract.

JohniusMaximus is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 06:31 PM
  #166
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
So now DirecTV and Fox are bickering like Dish Network last year. Around November 1st Fox goes away along with Preds games.

I switched to DirecTV last year because of this crap and am now in the midst of a lovely 2 year contract.
well they like to hold our feet to the fire with these "commitments" I think we should take up with them they're breaking their agreement to deliver the content promised....

deanwormer is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 03:38 AM
  #167
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
I make a thread on the FA/Trade forum and its amazing how many un-knowledgeable people comment and troll after being asked to numerous times.... oyyyy

I Will Son is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:45 PM
  #168
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,428
vCash: 500
I got fan mail yesterday!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
  #169
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I got fan mail yesterday!
Wait... was it fan mail or a stalker?

TMI is online now  
Old
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
  #170
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Wait... was it fan mail or a stalker?
It was fan mail.



Trust me, I know the difference...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 10:23 PM
  #171
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It was fan mail.



Trust me, I know the difference...

Eek... yeah that's never a good thing with which to have experience

TMI is online now  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:28 PM
  #172
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
this Game 6 of the world series is getting nuts.

I bet Cardinals take this game.

CantbeatzPekka is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 02:54 AM
  #173
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Anyone notice Svatos is a ufa? Nobody picked him up. Sucks for him. I thought he looked better than what Bergfors is looking like right now.

kypredsfan is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
  #174
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,461
vCash: 500
The carnage loving side of me would almost like to see all of the negative predictions come true just to watch the implosion.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 06:30 PM
  #175
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I make a thread on the FA/Trade forum and its amazing how many un-knowledgeable people comment and troll after being asked to numerous times.... oyyyy
Link?

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.