HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doughty to IR; Voynov Called Up

Old
10-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Quattro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
probably to just get DD44 a game, to keep him game ready. I imagine he will play 20 or so games this year for no other reason than that
exactly - they seem to be doing that with the forwards so far this year as well...I think it's a good thing unlike last year when the spare players would sit for weeks on end.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
bobafettish*

i would like to see WM and Scuderi get a few games off as well, don't want to much wear and tear on the older guys.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:02 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

It seems really early in the season to be playing the "upper body injury" card ...

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i would like to see WM and Scuderi get a few games off as well, don't want to much wear and tear on the older guys.
We've only played 4 games. I think they'll be ok for a couple more

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Once Doughty is well I am guessing he will be sent down. In order for him to stay up the Kings would have to trade DD44 (the person everyone seems to hate right now) for picks/prospects. Very few teams are looking to move guys right now. Please keep your expectations in line with reality and you won't be hurt.
Then waive DD44. It's time to ice the best team, not just any team.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:51 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Nothing would please me more. Sit Greene when Dewey is back! No smarts or versatility. I'm tired of that culture changer crap. He takes at least two dumb penalties every game.
Why would we sit Greene, an assistant captain and a needed defensive presence on our blue line, when Voynov couldn't replace his game? How about Martinez or Drewiske?

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:55 AM
vital

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
When Doughty is back, DD44 will be on the bench. So what purpose of waiving him do?

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
It's all well and good to have Voynov, Hickey, and Muzzin when an offensive-minded blueliner goes down but if one of Scuds or Mitchell got hurt I'd be wary of giving any of our kids the PK minutes. Trash DD44 all you want but he's the best insurance option for that role that we have in the system. After that it's Andrew Campbell.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:07 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Nothing would please me more. Sit Greene when Dewey is back! No smarts or versatility. I'm tired of that culture changer crap. He takes at least two dumb penalties every game.
3 minors in 4 games tells another story. All of them in the Philly game. Personally, I think Greene is 50% of a very solid and steady 3rd pairing along with Martinez. He is physical and well-suited for that role. Valuable on the PK too. I think a player like that is needed. If anything, the only thing I'd object to is having to pay 3.5 mill for a player in that spot per year.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It seems really early in the season to be playing the "upper body injury" card ...
If you watched the game they showed a shot of Doughty on the bench after the hit and it appeared to me that it was his right shoulder. Just speculating of course but perhaps its a deep bruise or something.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Ollie Weeks

Greene is still pretty useful. He has a bad game every now and then but I'd say his exposure to speed/skill is infrequent enough to be overlooked. He's our meanest defenseman and thrives when the matchup gets more physical, so I'm not too interested in removing that from our roster. The Philly game was kind of a perfect storm for him, involving fast, skilled opponents and referees who were calling anything and everything. We'll forget all about this game by Tuesday when Westgarth takes a hooking call while on the attack or something.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital View Post
When Doughty is back, DD44 will be on the bench. So what purpose of waiving him do?
If Voynov pulls a Martinez from last year, which was the jist of my thinking, then make room for him. If we can't move a regular guy, then give him DD44's spot in the meantime. If Voynov is NHL ready as was Martinez, then play him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
It's all well and good to have Voynov, Hickey, and Muzzin when an offensive-minded blueliner goes down but if one of Scuds or Mitchell got hurt I'd be wary of giving any of our kids the PK minutes. Trash DD44 all you want but he's the best insurance option for that role that we have in the system. After that it's Andrew Campbell.
I'm not trying to trash DD44. Honestly, I like the guy and feel he also should get a chance to play regularly. That said, it's the NHL and he is the weakest link. So goodbye if need be. Also, I'd give Greene the PK minutes before one of the kids.

Old
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Pucknut50

Why was AMart benched in favor of DD44? I thought AMart was one of the best players the first 3 games. Very excited to see Voynov - hope he gets a shot Tuesday.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
probably to just get DD44 a game, to keep him game ready. I imagine he will play 20 or so games this year for no other reason than that
That does make some sense. I just never heard TM explain it. Good call though.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
From Hammond:

Quote:
Slava Voynov will play tomorrow and partner with Willie Mitchell. Davis Drewiske is likely to be the healthy scratch among defenseman.
People can back off the ledge now.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
From Hammond:

People can back off the ledge now.
Figured. just like A-Mart last year. DD44 stays as the scratch and TM continues to stick to his 6-man rotation. Here's hoping VV can jump on his chance.

If Drew misses 10 days, he only misses four games. I figure VV plays three of them, and DD44 likely plays against NJ.

Old
10-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Why was AMart benched in favor of DD44? I thought AMart was one of the best players the first 3 games. Very excited to see Voynov - hope he gets a shot Tuesday.
It's a seniority thing. Amart's proven but he's the least proven defenseman on the roster.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Figured. just like A-Mart last year. DD44 stays as the scratch and TM continues to stick to his 6-man rotation. Here's hoping VV can jump on his chance.

If Drew misses 10 days, he only misses four games. I figure VV plays three of them, and DD44 likely plays against NJ.
If VV plays well, I can see him playing all 4 games and have 44DD play 1 game in lieu of Amart.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Fropitar

Quote:
Or Greene...
You're crazy.

Fropitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Drewiske needs to play once in a while to stay sharp. Which defensemen of the five other than Martinez would you have had sit out?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Jeez, if the Kings go there, they are one hurting team

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Guessing Voynov will pair with Mitchell. #2 PP unit. Congrats Voynov.

It's the right move for Dean and the Kings. Voynov gets almost $30,000 per week in the NHL. He only makes $65,000 per year in the AHL. If he spends two weeks in the NHL, he will almost double his AHL salary.
Oh, only 65 grand. Is that all? I should have practiced sports instead of studying for tests back in HS. lol

Good to see Voynov is finally going to get a chance. He did everything he was asked and is finally getting rewarded.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Intersting quote from Murray:

Quote:
“When we had the conversation in Europe, for him to go back to Manchester, with the coaching staff and Dean and Hexy, we all reassured him, `Feel good about your game. You’re on the threshold. You’re ready to make that step across and become a player on a regular basis in the NHL.’ It’s here a little bit sooner than what we anticipated, and it’s unfortunate that it is, but it’s his opportunity to show that he can play. He’s not called up to fill in for an injured player in my mind. This is a time for him to show us what he can do.’’
Should Martinez be worried?

Old
10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Good for Slava. He has done everything they have asked him to do and deserves at least a cup of coffee in the big show. First NHL game in the home opener, he's probably pumped.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Good for Slava. He has done everything they have asked him to do and deserves at least a cup of coffee in the big show. First NHL game in the home opener, he's probably pumped.
Home opener? It's the third home game.