HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Doughty to IR; Voynov Called Up

Old
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
From Hammond:

People can back off the ledge now.
Some what surprising to see that. I came in to say I'd be ok with letting him watch a game from the pressbox to experience regular season NHL speed and then play the next game but this works as well... Plus here's the tryout that people were pissed he didn't get in Europe, so I'm happy.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
“When we had the conversation in Europe, for him to go back to Manchester, with the coaching staff and Dean and Hexy, we all reassured him, `Feel good about your game. You’re on the threshold. You’re ready to make that step across and become a player on a regular basis in the NHL.’ It’s here a little bit sooner than what we anticipated, and it’s unfortunate that it is, but it’s his opportunity to show that he can play. He’s not called up to fill in for an injured player in my mind. This is a time for him to show us what he can do.’’
I read it more as Murray saying he isn't an injury because on about 20 other teams in the league he'd have made the roster and would be playing about 15-20 minutes a night... Basically that he belongs here but there just isn't room for him right now and that's pretty much what exactly what most of us were left thinking after camp...

Old
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Why was AMart benched in favor of DD44? .
Drewiske was getting some ice time. He's not going to be a healthy scratch for 82 games.
Plus, it raises his trade value a little.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Drewiske was getting some ice time. He's not going to be a healthy scratch for 82 games.
Plus, it raises his trade value a little.
This plus it was a game against a physically imposing team in Philadelphia. Makes sense to go with the more imposing and physical of the two guys against a team like that and sit the offensive finesse guy.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:57 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Voynov looked great in his debut. Hopefully he can look equally as good over the next week or two. Would like to see him stay.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Voynov looked great in his debut. Hopefully he can look equally as good over the next week or two. Would like to see him stay.
I have a hunch that Voynov will take away Martinez' spot this season. And I like Martinez a lot.

When Martinez was scratched from the Philly game and there was a report that he had had a talk with coach Murray about how he needed to assert himself and play stronger defensively ... that reminded me an awful lot of the talks Murray used to have with the likes of Frolov, Sturm, Boyle, Purcell ... guys that were not playing quite like he wanted to. I just have that hunch that Martinez could be the next in line and have his spot taken away by VV.

It's not that I prefer one over the other, I want the best possibly Kings' team out there. If it is Voynov, then it is Voynov ... if it is Martinez that is just as fine.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Positive Doughty news.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/10/19...t-back-on-ice/
Quote:
"I talked to him yesterday afternoon, and he felt much better yesterday afternoon than he did the day before, and that’s a positive. He will stay here and work out and he will get on the ice on his own and kind of work through the therapy and the treatments that are prescribed by (trainer) Chris Kingsley. It’s getting better. As the days go by, it will improve with each one of them.’’

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote