HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Is Gauthier available or is it just rumors?

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Badger Bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
dumbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
moron
You obviously have a serviceable vocabulary, along with a reasonable knowledge of hockey. However, the next post that includes name-calling, will get the hook.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Frozen Testicle

vCash:
Holy! Lawndemon are you dead serious with your arguments? If that really is your opinion, than everyone elses opinion is you're wrong! :p

Old
10-27-2003, 05:24 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
You obviously have a serviceable vocabulary, along with a reasonable knowledge of hockey. However, the next post that includes name-calling, will get the hook.
Thanks… I guess?

I feel that I should point out how ironic it is to me that my two direct incidents of "name calling" (the latter of which was not directed at any specific individual) should get me a "warning" while a poster who calls my intelligence into question does not.

is it ok to post with condescending and insulting prose? is it ok to belittle another's commentary? seriously, why is that type of behavior not equally offensive to the terms and conditions of this board?

i will apologize for my direct comments although I really see no need to mask my derision for the condescending way in which my opinion was treated. You’ll find that I am very open-minded but react poorly to people who are unable to show me even a modicum of respect.

Truthfully, the degradation of this thread was caused by an obvious lack of respect to which i responded negatively. To my detriment, on two occasions i replied defensively although i still tried to explain my opinion. the result? more condescending garbage... yes, i should have "turned the other cheek" and i regret lowering myself to this level. this will be the last i comment on the situation because i now feel dirty for entering into juvenille banter. i guess i should have known that "homerism" would rear it's ugly head and should not have even tried an objective opinion. my bad...

i just wonder if the other posters even realize how ironic it is to belittle another's "opinion" with their own?

Old
10-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Ozy_Flame

I think you need to realize that getting into a debate doesn't always work in your favour.

There is also a difference between personal attacks and slight ribs at the other posters' comments. Your previously posted comments were with spite and vengefulness, and without regard for a fair and equitable argument.

Trust me, it's something everyone needs to watch if they're going to get involved in a complex debate.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:20 PM
MattScott

Send a message via MSN to MattScott
As for the rumours with the Habs, as much as I like Gauthier, I don't really think he's needed in Montreal right now. Sheldon Souray is back healthy and filling the role Gauthier would... Another strong d-man is always welcome but Dykhuis and Traverse are making 2.5 mill to play in the AHL right now, and Komisarek will soon be more feared than Gauthier by opposition because of his physical attributes. But if Sutter came calling, and only asking for Sundstrom who played great for him in San Jose but lost his spot to Andreas Dackell this year, or Kilger who 3/4 of the time doesn't use the package he has, than I'd take Gauthier in a second, even with the crowd on the Habs blueline... Jason Ward on the other hand, I wouldn't be willing to deal. Ward is already consistantly a better player than either of Sundstrom or Kilger, and still has the potential to develop into a good 2nd line winger IMO. It's not that trading Ward for Gauthier would be a bad thing, it's just that I don't think Ward alone would do the trick, and within a few years it could turn out to be the Leclair deal all over again for us.

Closed Thread