HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft (All NON-Ranger Prospect Discussion Thread - Part I)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2011, 08:53 PM
  #76
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Teams that are going to finish low don't trade their lottery picks for roster players. Other way around. Come on, be realistic here.
I am being realistic. Nothing wrong with assuming such a thing.

If Varlamov could warrant a "lottery pick" at the time of his trade, I'm sure a good package could get a lottery pick.

I'd be more than willing to do:

Dubinsky + Thomas + McIlrath + 2013 1st + 2012 3rd

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
  #77
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
I am being realistic. Nothing wrong with assuming such a thing.

If Varlamov could warrant a "lottery pick" at the time of his trade, I'm sure a good package could get a lottery pick.

I'd be more than willing to do:

Dubinsky + Thomas + McIlrath + 2013 1st + 2012 3rd
Suggesting that we could trick a team out of their lottery pick isn't being unrealistic as much as it's living in a complete fantasy world. You know what else is unrealistic? Trying to get a lottery pick by not including A) our best prospect and B) this years first as well

And you just said this would be a deadline deal. varlomov was traded before the season started, so that doesn't work as an example. On top of the fact that that team just won 5 in a row.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is just reality.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
  #78
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Suggesting that we could trick a team out of their lottery pick isn't being unrealistic as much as it's living in a complete fantasy world. You know what else is unrealistic? Trying to get a lottery pick by not including A) our best prospect and B) this years first as well

And you just said this would be a deadline deal. varlomov was traded before the season started, so that doesn't work as an example. On top of the fact that that team just won 5 in a row.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is just reality.
Yes, but could Washington or Colorado foreseen Colorado's success? No. As of last season, Colorado was the second worst team in the league and was expected to do poorly this season. The team risked a lottery pick for at the time, a half assed goaltender.

I'd be more than willing to trade Kreider in such a package, but not all GMs think alike and you aren't one of them, so how would you know how any of them think? You have a special power I don't know about?

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
  #79
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
"Bail for Nail" sound any better.

"Suckopov for Yakupov?"
LMFAO @ option 2

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:04 PM
  #80
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
Yes, but could Washington or Colorado foreseen Colorado's success? No. As of last season, Colorado was the second worst team in the league and was expected to do poorly this season. The team risked a lottery pick for at the time, a half assed goaltender.

I'd be more than willing to trade Kreider in such a package, but not all GMs think alike and you aren't one of them, so how would you know how any of them think? You have a special power I don't know about?
I do have a special power - it's called logic.


And again - you said this would be a deadline deal, a time when teams are more aware of their plight than at the beginning of the season, your example doesn't work, keep trying.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:04 PM
  #81
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
I am being realistic. Nothing wrong with assuming such a thing.

If Varlamov could warrant a "lottery pick" at the time of his trade, I'm sure a good package could get a lottery pick.

I'd be more than willing to do:

Dubinsky + Thomas + McIlrath + 2013 1st + 2012 3rd
At this rate, coupled with the latest news on Staal, we may not even need to trade for a lottery pick!

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
  #82
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I do have a special power - it's called logic.


And again - you said this would be a deadline deal, a time when teams are more aware of their plight than at the beginning of the season, your example doesn't work, keep trying.
Do you have an example? If you're so smart, give me the ideal trade.

Not every deal takes Lundqvist, sorry to burst your bubble. Clark said what he had said last season, but Clark is the head scout, not Sather. I'll take Clark's word, but how do you know Sather didn't offer such a package? You're pulling theories out, but you have no basis besides one quote.

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:08 PM
  #83
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
At this rate, coupled with the latest news on Staal, we may not even need to trade for a lottery pick!
We will suck for Galchenyuk?

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:08 PM
  #84
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
At this rate, coupled with the latest news on Staal, we may not even need to trade for a lottery pick!
I don't know what it is, but I feel like if we have like 2 wins total in our first 10 games played, we could be heading down the Devils route... Of course the season won't be fun, but come draft time, it is sure as **** exciting.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
  #85
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Interesting. 6'1 already and 180-odd, commited to Wisconsin.

Listed as C ... do you see him moving to wing?
Pretty sure he plays both LW and Center.

Sorry I didn't see your post much much earlier...like months ago...lol.

Kerdiles would be a solid pick, at about where we may end up picking. Middle of the pack.

And with ISS new top 30 out, he's at 26 right now.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
  #86
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
WE FINISH AT #20th MARK THAT

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
  #87
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
Do you have an example? If you're so smart, give me the ideal trade.

Not every deal takes Lundqvist, sorry to burst your bubble. Clark said what he had said last season, but Clark is the head scout, not Sather. I'll take Clark's word, but how do you know Sather didn't offer such a package? You're pulling theories out, but you have no basis besides one quote.
The ideal trade? For a high pick in a FANTASTIC draft? All players we don't want to give up, top prospects and multiple picks. If it would cost us Lundqvist to move up in a weak draft, use a little bit of logic and figure the rest out for yourself here. Put a package together that has the value equivalent of Lundqvist+. haven't you noticed that trades like that don't happen very often. That because they cost a HIGH value.

There is no ideal trade. Your not trading wolski in any trade for a high draft pick. Your not going to give up things you WANT to give up. It's not worth it. Not for a team in our position.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:25 PM
  #88
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
WE FINISH AT #20th MARK THAT
Im always hoping for #30.

But #20 about, seems about right. Ballpark.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
  #89
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
WE FINISH AT #20th MARK THAT
This is providing we get Staal back, right?

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
  #90
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Barring all injuries and us getting Staal back by Mid-November, we finish top 14 in the league. If Staal is out long-term, we are royally ****ed and Yakupov is ours

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
  #91
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
The good news is Yakupov - Richards - Gaborik would be one hell of a line

New York RKY is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
  #92
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Barring all injuries and us getting Staal back by Mid-November, we finish top 14 in the league. If Staal is out long-term, we are royally ****ed and Yakupov is ours
nicely said, and I'm very lazy so could anyone give me some info on Yakupov and relate him to a current player?? thanks

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
  #93
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
nicely said, and I'm very lazy so could anyone give me some info on Yakupov and relate him to a current player?? thanks
His first name is Nail, that pretty much describes him. The guy is a ****ing monster, Ovechkin v2

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
  #94
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
nicely said, and I'm very lazy so could anyone give me some info on Yakupov and relate him to a current player?? thanks
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nail+Yakupov

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
  #95
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
nicely said, and I'm very lazy so could anyone give me some info on Yakupov and relate him to a current player?? thanks
Just like HFP said, he is very much like an Alex Ovechkin. Loves the physical aspect of the game, is incredibly gifted offensively.


New York RKY is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
  #96
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
His first name is Nail, that pretty much describes him. The guy is a ****ing monster, Ovechkin v2

that good?? * changes underwear* alright i'll get the bat you get Henrik's adress

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
  #97
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
that good?? * changes underwear* alright i'll get the bat you get Henrik's adress
He has 25 points in 10 games already this season. Does that help you?

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
  #98
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post

THAT WAS AWESOME lmao

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
  #99
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
His first name is Nail, that pretty much describes him. The guy is a ****ing monster, Ovechkin v2
Lacks Ovie's size though.

Size wise he's more of a Crosby. Game wise, he's a aggressive like Ovechkin, but he's a playmaker at heart like Crosby. He can be 40/60 50/50 50/60 player.

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
  #100
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Something tells me the Rangers are pulling a Colts. Purposely losing every game and using Marc Staal (Peyton ManThing) as an excuse as to why, thus giving us the #1 pick, Nail Yakupov (Andrew Luck)

Clowes Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.