HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Schenn be recalled?

View Poll Results: When will Schenn be called up again?
After the first game 11 20.37%
Before game 10 26 48.15%
After more than 10 games are played 12 22.22%
Not before someone is injured 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Send Rinaldo down I guess when Shelley's suspension is over? With Betts on LTIR and Lappy on LTIR and Rinaldo down, wouldn't that make enough room?
Yes it would be enough. But it would leave the Flyers with about 25K in Cap space. Not really a situation they would want to put themselves in.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
The title is misleading.

Schenn scored three goals against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in a wild, messy blowout... one of the goals was an empty netter, another was on a powerplay with Zolnierczyk and Sestito.

(Which is not to say that he's playing badly... I'm just saying.)
Just watched the highlights of his goals. The two goals he scored were pretty damn good. Hell, he even made the empty netter look skillful.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Looks like it won't be done until the Flyers make another move:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...dmanoct17.html

Quote:
11. Here's the important thing to remember about Brayden Schenn and the Flyers, as it was explained to me: Because Philadelphia is in "Long-Term Injury Status" with Ian Laperriere, all cap amounts are measured as full face value, and not by the daily number. Schenn's current cap amount is $1.69 million US. The team is $1,166,667 under the ceiling (the value of Laperriere's contract). There will have to be another move to get him to the NHL.

12. That move could be Blair Betts. Montreal wanted him, but not with a knee injury and Gary Bettman was correct in sending him back. Betts wasn't thrilled about the possibility of an AHL stint, and it looks like Philly will go the IR route instead. Paul Holmgren really likes Betts and it sounds like the player would be incredibly appreciative of that.
Sounds like Betts is about be put on LTIR or will be soon.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
LMAO. You wouldn't know one way or the other. Regardless of how he played.

Yes, it does decrease. Can't answer the latter unless you know when he will be called up.

Here is a simple formula

Cap hit/185 X days left in the Season. That will determine his Cap hit when he reutrns.
I don't really understand what you are trying to get at with the first bit.

But as for the second bit, I think that you are ( oh what is it called?)

wrong?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Looks like it won't be done until the Flyers make another move:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...dmanoct17.html

Sounds like Betts is about be put on LTIR or will be soon.
We could always...you know...waive Shelley?

Or you know...finally send Walker back and just call up a different defenseman?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I don't really understand what you are trying to get at with the first bit.

But as for the second bit, I think that you are ( oh what is it called?)

wrong?
Both are really simple.

Feel free to show where I'm wrong. I'll be waiting. LOL

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-17-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Minor cleanup
Old
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Swiper the Fox

would really like to see schenn in the lineup for a few games to see how he is
for gods sakes, gets someone to fake an injury to get him in there
just for few games at least......

hehe

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Yes it would be enough. But it would leave the Flyers with about 25K in Cap space. Not really a situation they would want to put themselves in.
Doesn't seem to bother them too much. According to CapGeek they have $0 in cap space as it stands right now.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Doesn't seem to bother them too much. According to CapGeek they have $0 in cap space as it stands right now.
It doesn't take Lappy's LTIR into affect I don't think. Also, it hasn't,if Betts does go onto the LTIR, put him up there. Also, when Shelley's suspension is over, wouldn't doubt it if we, for some ****ing reason, send Rinaldo back down. So Rinaldo back down, plus Lappy and Betts on LTIR = enough space for Schenn, or should be.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
They have zero in Cap space right now, but they have LTIR Cap space. With Betts on LTIR, they have a little over 1.1M of available space.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
It doesn't take Lappy's LTIR into affect I don't think. Also, it hasn't,if Betts does go onto the LTIR, put him up there. Also, when Shelley's suspension is over, wouldn't doubt it if we, for some ****ing reason, send Rinaldo back down. So Rinaldo back down, plus Lappy and Betts on LTIR = enough space for Schenn, or should be.
I was saying they don't seem to mind being close to the cap. Also as far as I can tell, CapGeek is accounting for some sort of LTIR meaning they are actually over the Cap, which is ok because of the LTIR or something like that. Either way, the point was that it wouldn't surprise me if they got themselves right up against the cap.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
They have zero in Cap space right now, but they have LTIR Cap space. With Betts on LTIR, they have a little over 1.1M of available space.
The point of the post wasn't really about what their cap space is right now, it was that it doesn't seem like they mind being that close to the cap if it comes down to them being only $25k under with calling up Schenn.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
The point of the post wasn't really about what their cap space is right now, it was that it doesn't seem like they mind being that close to the cap if it comes down to them being only $25k under with calling up Schenn.
The Flyers knew from the beginning of the Season that they had the ability to put Lappy on LTIR when they needed to. So even though on paper, it said they had little Cap space, that really wasn't true from a practical perspective. They had that 1.1M cushion to fall back on.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
The Flyers knew from the beginning of the Season that they had the ability to put Lappy on LTIR when they needed to. So even though on paper, it said they had little Cap space, that really wasn't true from a practical perspective. They had that 1.1M cushion to fall back on.
Wait I'm confused here. Up at the top of this page you said they would be $25k under if they put them both on LTIR and sent down Rinaldo.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Wait I'm confused here. Up at the top of this page you said they would be $25k under if they put them both on LTIR and sent down Rinaldo.
And called up Schenn.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
And called up Schenn.
Yeah I know. I guess I'm just confused why you responded to my post in the way you did though. I said I don't think they would mind being that close ($25k) to the cap with Schenn up and you said they had $1.1 million to fall back on at the beginning of the season.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Yeah I know. I guess I'm just confused why you responded to my post in the way you did though. I said I don't think they would mind being that close ($25k) to the cap with Schenn up and you said they had $1.1 million to fall back on at the beginning of the season.
yes, with Schenn back in the minors.

What are you basing it on that they wouldn't mind being that close to the Cap on? That they have been since the start of the Season? Well that was my point, with the available space they could get by placing Lappy on LTIR, they really weren't that close to the Cap. They had that room to work with.

If they send Rinaldo down, along with Betts and Lappy on LTIR, and bring up Schenn, they really would be truly that close to the Cap. With no room for error. Other then the ability to send a Schenn or Read down to gain some space needed such as if a Goalie was injured. Or Waive a player such as Shelley. Teams like to have some Cap space in case it's needed. It's really not a good idea to operate that close to your team's Upper Limit. You should have available space to call up a player or two.

Old
10-17-2011, 09:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
yes, with Schenn back in the minors.

What are you basing it on that they wouldn't mind being that close to the Cap on? That they have been since the start of the Season? Well that was my point, with the available space they could get by placing Lappy on LTIR, they really weren't that close to the Cap. They had that room to work with.

If they send Rinaldo down, along with Betts and Lappy on LTIR, and bring up Schenn, they really would be truly that close to the Cap. With no room for error. Other then the ability to send a Schenn or Read down to gain some space needed such as if a Goalie was injured. Or Waive a player such as Shelley. Teams like to have some Cap space in case it's needed. It's really not a good idea to operate that close to your team's Upper Limit. You should have available space to call up a player or two.
Regardless of the cap situation as it stands or would be with Schenn, it wouldn't surprise me if the Flyers risked it.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Schenn should stay in the AHL unless they send Couturier back to juniors or somebody gets injured. There is a roster log jam and he doesn't need to rot on the 4th line. He needs as many reps as he can get in the AHL to continue to work on his game.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:44 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Schenn should stay in the AHL unless they send Couturier back to juniors or somebody gets injured. There is a roster log jam and he doesn't need to rot on the 4th line. He needs as many reps as he can get in the AHL to continue to work on his game.
Even if someone was injured, that doesn't mean we can bring him up immediately, mainly because we have no cap to do it. So it's either send people down, or put people on the LTIR to get him up here, not injuries.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:02 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Schenn belongs up here, he'll improve our faceoff woes.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Even if someone was injured, that doesn't mean we can bring him up immediately, mainly because we have no cap to do it. So it's either send people down, or put people on the LTIR to get him up here, not injuries.
True. A lot of people seen to think he is going to be called up soon but in my opinion management and coaches are using this period to evaluate Couturier. If he sticks then it gets interesting. Waive Rinaldo and Shelley? People need to really think about it. It wont happen. One of them could very well be waived but i highly doubt both of them get waived. I think its a smart move for them to be patient with Schenn. He still needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Hes getting the ice time in the AHL which will improve his game.

The original plan was to get Couturier some NHL reps and see what hes got evaluate him then send him back to juniors and Schenn takes his spot with a lowered cap hit but he has exceeded expectations which has made the decisions even harder. How early Schenn gets the call up all rest on what they do with Couturier.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Schenn belongs up here, he'll improve our faceoff woes.
And improve our defense and offense by a good margin.

Quote:
True. A lot of people seen to think he is going to be called up soon but in my opinion management and coaches are using this period to evaluate Couturier. If he sticks then it gets interesting. Waive Rinaldo and Shelley? People need to really think about it. It wont happen. One of them could very well be waived but i highly doubt both of them get waived. I think its a smart move for them to be patient with Schenn. He still needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Hes getting the ice time in the AHL which will improve his game.

The original plan was to get Couturier some NHL reps and see what hes got evaluate him then send him back to juniors and Schenn takes his spot with a lowered cap hit but he has exceeded expectations which has made the decisions even harder. How early Schenn gets the call up all rest on what they do with Couturier.
Don't waive Rinaldo, he's a two way contract so send him back down. Shelley should be waived, and more than likely not claimed and sent down. Plus Betts and Lappy on the LTIR would definitely help. But I think we should keep Rinaldo up as our 13th and send Shelley down. Rinaldo I find is a LOT LOT more useful than Shelley. I'm pretty damn sure, considering how Lavy loves him, Couts will stay up for the season. Hopefully by then as well, Homer will wake the **** up, bring up Schenn and make our team BETTER.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
And improve our defense and offense by a good margin.
I highly doubt that. At the most he will have the same impact as Couturier if not a little more. Hell maybe even less of an impact.

If he comes in and improves this team by a good margin i will be ecstatic. But lets be realistic here.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I highly doubt that. At the most he will have the same impact as Couturier if not a little more. Hell maybe even less of an impact.

If he comes in and improves this team by a good margin i will be ecstatic. But lets be realistic here.
Having Rinaldo as our 13th, and putting Schenn in will put up our offense and defense, mainly because he is obviously much better than Rinaldo. Just saying.