Notices

Berards D

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Frozen Testicle

vCash:
Berards D

I haven't really seen Berard play much but I heard that he is pretty bad defensively is this true? How would you rate him for his defense?

Old
10-27-2003, 04:10 PM
sammy87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Testicle
I haven't really seen Berard play much but I heard that he is pretty bad defensively is this true? How would you rate him for his defense?
Your username contains two words that should never be put together.

On to Berard. I would rate him a 4 out of 10. He is good at swiping a puck from a player. But he's not physical and he tends to run around in his own zone. On the other side of it i think his game as it is now is suited very well for the western conference. Especially teams like Vancouver and Edmonton. I haven't seen enough of the Flames lately to know or not if they fit in with the other two teams styles. If they do then he will be a good addition. If not then he could have a season like last. Last year, Berard wanted to open the throtle, but the Bruins aren't that kind of team. In turn he went 1 on 5 alot, lost the puck and it cost us.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87
Your username contains two words that should never be put together.

On to Berard. I would rate him a 4 out of 10. He is good at swiping a puck from a player. But he's not physical and he tends to run around in his own zone. On the other side of it i think his game as it is now is suited very well for the western conference. Especially teams like Vancouver and Edmonton. I haven't seen enough of the Flames lately to know or not if they fit in with the other two teams styles. If they do then he will be a good addition. If not then he could have a season like last. Last year, Berard wanted to open the throtle, but the Bruins aren't that kind of team. In turn he went 1 on 5 alot, lost the puck and it cost us.
I thnk that Bertard tries to play physical but he's just not strong enough. But also the one thing that always made me cringe was whenever he was skating back to play the puck behind he's own net he would sometimes lose forecheckers and get crunched hard! And there was a few times I didn't think he would get up.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
I thnk that Bertard tries to play physical but he's just not strong enough. But also the one thing that always made me cringe was whenever he was skating back to play the puck behind he's own net he would sometimes lose forecheckers and get crunched hard! And there was a few times I didn't think he would get up.
That most likely had to do with his eye, not his skill.... I'm sure if he saw them coming, he'd at least try to get out of the way. Unfortunately, his lack of vision is a big detriment to his play, and despite somewhat being able to overcome it, it'll always keep him from being what he could be.

Old
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
That most likely had to do with his eye, not his skill.... I'm sure if he saw them coming, he'd at least try to get out of the way. Unfortunately, his lack of vision is a big detriment to his play, and despite somewhat being able to overcome it, it'll always keep him from being what he could be.
Yep. The thing is this is the big league. Everyone wants to win no matter what. Competition is unreal. If the guy has a leg problem/whatever it's targeted by the opposition. Look at the Leafs with Pat Quinn. Complaining about the cameras showing players' injuries while at the same time explaining his players' injuries as "upper body" and "lower body" injuries...Buddy can be crawling off the ice with his knee cap dangling on the ice and Pat would say "The exact area of the injury has'nt been determined yet. We do know it's a lower body injury however"

Old
10-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Pielsman

-------------------------------------------------------------------Funny, the B's strength and conditioning coach (Whitesides) rated Berard as one of the strongest Bruins (upper body).

I'd say his D is about a 4 out of 10 at best. He plays on "insticts" more than he should have to, due to his vision, imo. -Piels

Closed Thread