HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Berards D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
  #1
Frozen Testicle
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Berards D

I haven't really seen Berard play much but I heard that he is pretty bad defensively is this true? How would you rate him for his defense?

 
Old
10-27-2003, 04:10 PM
  #2
sammy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: CT
Country: Hungary
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Testicle
I haven't really seen Berard play much but I heard that he is pretty bad defensively is this true? How would you rate him for his defense?
Your username contains two words that should never be put together.

On to Berard. I would rate him a 4 out of 10. He is good at swiping a puck from a player. But he's not physical and he tends to run around in his own zone. On the other side of it i think his game as it is now is suited very well for the western conference. Especially teams like Vancouver and Edmonton. I haven't seen enough of the Flames lately to know or not if they fit in with the other two teams styles. If they do then he will be a good addition. If not then he could have a season like last. Last year, Berard wanted to open the throtle, but the Bruins aren't that kind of team. In turn he went 1 on 5 alot, lost the puck and it cost us.

sammy87 is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 04:33 PM
  #3
Wpg Jets
Registered User
 
Wpg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: OH! CANADA!!
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87
Your username contains two words that should never be put together.

On to Berard. I would rate him a 4 out of 10. He is good at swiping a puck from a player. But he's not physical and he tends to run around in his own zone. On the other side of it i think his game as it is now is suited very well for the western conference. Especially teams like Vancouver and Edmonton. I haven't seen enough of the Flames lately to know or not if they fit in with the other two teams styles. If they do then he will be a good addition. If not then he could have a season like last. Last year, Berard wanted to open the throtle, but the Bruins aren't that kind of team. In turn he went 1 on 5 alot, lost the puck and it cost us.
I thnk that Bertard tries to play physical but he's just not strong enough. But also the one thing that always made me cringe was whenever he was skating back to play the puck behind he's own net he would sometimes lose forecheckers and get crunched hard! And there was a few times I didn't think he would get up.

Wpg Jets is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 04:50 PM
  #4
Goalie27*
 
Goalie27*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Country: New Caledonia
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
I thnk that Bertard tries to play physical but he's just not strong enough. But also the one thing that always made me cringe was whenever he was skating back to play the puck behind he's own net he would sometimes lose forecheckers and get crunched hard! And there was a few times I didn't think he would get up.
That most likely had to do with his eye, not his skill.... I'm sure if he saw them coming, he'd at least try to get out of the way. Unfortunately, his lack of vision is a big detriment to his play, and despite somewhat being able to overcome it, it'll always keep him from being what he could be.

Goalie27* is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM
  #5
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
That most likely had to do with his eye, not his skill.... I'm sure if he saw them coming, he'd at least try to get out of the way. Unfortunately, his lack of vision is a big detriment to his play, and despite somewhat being able to overcome it, it'll always keep him from being what he could be.
Yep. The thing is this is the big league. Everyone wants to win no matter what. Competition is unreal. If the guy has a leg problem/whatever it's targeted by the opposition. Look at the Leafs with Pat Quinn. Complaining about the cameras showing players' injuries while at the same time explaining his players' injuries as "upper body" and "lower body" injuries...Buddy can be crawling off the ice with his knee cap dangling on the ice and Pat would say "The exact area of the injury has'nt been determined yet. We do know it's a lower body injury however"

Gary is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 02:36 AM
  #6
Pielsman
Registered User
 
Pielsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 500
I thnk that Bertard tries to play physical but he's just not strong enough. But also the one thing that always made me cringe was whenever he was skating back to play the puck behind he's own net he would sometimes lose forecheckers and get crunched hard! And there was a few times I didn't think he would get up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------Funny, the B's strength and conditioning coach (Whitesides) rated Berard as one of the strongest Bruins (upper body).

I'd say his D is about a 4 out of 10 at best. He plays on "insticts" more than he should have to, due to his vision, imo. -Piels

Pielsman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.