Notices

Tommi Santala

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Lehts

vCash: 500
Tommi Santala

How has Tommi adjusted to the game in the NHL? I've noticed he has had pretty decent ice-time and done great in the face-off circle. Has he created scoring chances and how is his physical play? In Finland he was maybe the best playmaker in the league last year and delivered some hard hits. He has also a very good shot. Has he used it? Any comments about him would be nice to read. Thanks.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:24 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehts
He has also a very good shot. Has he used it? Any comments about him would be nice to read. Thanks.
Physical game is getting there more and more. The shot though, well, he doesnt seem to have any confidence using it. I wish Hartley would put him with Ilya at practice when Ilya is practicing one timers. Santala will be set up in the slot on the power play WIDE open and he along with his teamates have no confidence of him getting a shot off and on goal. With everyone concentrating on Ilya, he will find more and more open ice.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:47 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehts
How has Tommi adjusted to the game in the NHL? I've noticed he has had pretty decent ice-time and done great in the face-off circle. Has he created scoring chances and how is his physical play? In Finland he was maybe the best playmaker in the league last year and delivered some hard hits. He has also a very good shot. Has he used it? Any comments about him would be nice to read. Thanks.
He's adjusting, but slowly. He's playing mostly a checking role, plus time on the power play, with his job to stand in front of the net and cause havoc. He is hitting a bit too, yes. As far as playmaking and shooting, we haven't really seen this side of his game. Whenever he has an opportunity, it goes wide. In all I suspect you would recognize him on the ice without the number on the back of the jersey.

Closed Thread