HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why I want Jeremy Morin back with the big club

Old
10-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Are people really talking about trading Brunette? We've played four games and he's scored two goal. He may not fit our rush offense, yet he has value on the power play, in front of the net, and down low in the corners. Absolutely something we've been missing since Byfuglien/Ladd left.
Talking about moving anybody four games in is a little nutty. Especially when you're talking about a guy who's a 20 goal scorer and has done so on some pretty bad teams. You don't just ship him away, you find a way to make him fit.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Are people really talking about trading Brunette? We've played four games and he's scored two goal. He may not fit our rush offense, yet he has value on the power play, in front of the net, and down low in the corners. Absolutely something we've been missing since Byfuglien/Ladd left.
I agree Brunette stays on the power play 100%. I wouldn't mind seeing a few shifts of Brunette-Toews-Hossa slow line but can hold the puck clean up net areas and defenders bounce off all three.

Brunette--Toews--Hossa
Morin--Kane--Sharp
Bickell--Bolland--Frolik
Carcillo--Mayers--Stalberg
Olesz

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Brunette on the 4th line? What are you guys smoking?

What they need to do is put Toews and Kane back together and put Sharp and Hossa on a line with Brunette.

Kane is OK at C, we get it, now put him back with Toews!!

Morin is not ready for the NHL, and isn't exactly a quick skater either. Bring him up if there are injuries when he's 100%...but not now, or any time soon.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Brunette on the 4th line? What are you guys smoking?

What they need to do is put Toews and Kane back together and put Sharp and Hossa on a line with Brunette.

Kane is OK at C, we get it, now put him back with Toews!!

Morin is not ready for the NHL, and isn't exactly a quick skater either. Bring him up if there are injuries when he's 100%...but not now, or any time soon.
Some guy 2 years ago wrote an article about Jeremy Morin's poor skating ability. It was probably someone on the level of Jesse Rogers. It makes me laugh how it keeps coming up. Morin is a better than average skater, and his speed on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 6 or 7 not Stalberg speed but he skates fine.

Morin could score 20 goals on this year Blackhawks if in a top 6 role. I don't think one more year in the AHL is bad playing with Pirri and Beach may actually be a good thing. Morin and Beach both are LW's so not much time together other than practice. Morin could play this year, but there is no room in the top 6 and anything less than that he is better off in the AHL.

If Bickell goes down or is traded Morin-Bolland-Frolik would be a good way for him to break into the NHL in a low pressure role.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Some guy 2 years ago wrote an article about Jeremy Morin's poor skating ability. It was probably someone on the level of Jesse Rogers. It makes me laugh how it keeps coming up. Morin is a better than average skater, and his speed on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 6 or 7 not Stalberg speed but he skates fine.

Morin could score 20 goals on this year Blackhawks if in a top 6 role. I don't think one more year in the AHL is bad playing with Pirri and Beach may actually be a good thing. Morin and Beach both are LW's so not much time together other than practice. Morin could play this year, but there is no room in the top 6 and anything less than that he is better off in the AHL.

If Bickell goes down or is traded Morin-Bolland-Frolik would be a good way for him to break into the NHL in a low pressure role.
I agree.

Kane at C gives us more depth. It's only been 3 games that Bruno, Toews and Sharp have been together. Don't be coach Q! Give it some time! I thought they looked good their first game together imo.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Timinater

My mention of trading Brunette was more of a well-i-can't-find-a-place-for-him-so-****-it. Maybe I should of put more thought into it.

I'm not a Brunette hater (although what I've said up until this point definitely makes it seem that way). However, I'm just not a big fan of his style of play as it fits into our team. While he has quick and solid hands and is a great addition in the front of our net, that is the only place on the ice that he is effective. At least Byfuglien and Ladd came trucking into the zone with (some) speed, battled in the corners, HUSSLED to the loose pucks, hit people, and generally made a difference in the play. The best thing Brunette can do is look for an open player to pass to and park in front of the net, leaving his two fellow linemates to hussle for pucks. That makes it difficult for his line to wear down the opposing line in the offensive zone and create multiple chances on one shift.

I would not want the Hawks to trade Brunette after 4 games. He definitely deserves a longer look to see if our team can change its style to cater to his strengths. Unfortunately, the TEAM has to change, there's absolutely no way Brunette could change his game to cater to a quicker team. I do love the fact that he'd play 365 games a year and just keep on playing (knock on wood).

And a lot of you people love jumping on the "OH MY GODZ ITS BEEN 4 GAMES WE'RE 2-1-1 STOP FREAKING OUTTT!!!!11!" train. Yeah, we're FREAKING OUT cus we made a suggestion on how to better the team.

Timinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I agree that Bruno should only play on the 4th line. He is too slow to play on a line with Toews/Sharp or Kane/Hossa.

But I wouldn't trade him - unless we get a better player back that does what he does

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:09 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
You say HUSSLED like there is a lack of effort. I wholeheartedly disagree. He's moving as fast as he can. It's just not very fast.

Also, there isn't a chance in hell a team will change it's style of play to suit Andrew Brunette.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:10 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post

Huh??

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:05 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

The top line is fine, it's main problem is the fact the Sharp is not yet back to game shape after sitting for a month. However, I would like to see someone with a little more skill on the wing with Kane/Hossa.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
The top line is fine, it's main problem is the fact the Sharp is not yet back to game shape after sitting for a month. However, I would like to see someone with a little more skill on the wing with Kane/Hossa.
Isn't it funny how we as fans seem to go back and forth. After last season we acknowledge that you can't simply skate a bunch of "skill guys" rather you need some grit and toughness (even Kane said these exact words himself). So we go get a couple of them, and at least one of them has some decent hockey skill, but it still an energy guy. We put him on a line with Kane/Hossa and he seems to do good clearing space and distracting away from Kane/Hossa, but clearly will never be a high-skill finisher, and now we want skill guys back in those roles again.

Personally, I think we give the Carcillo/Kane/Hossa line as much time together as they can get. If they keep scoring points, keep em together. We all know lines will get jumbled up a bit, but I liked what I saw from those three the last couple of games.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I don't see any issues with Brunette. The Hawks just need to play keep away in the zone for a little bit to give Bruno time to get to the net then throw it on frame. As I've said all along though, I think as the season goes on, he might be best used as a part time top 6er with Smith and he splitting time between the top 6 and 4th line at even strength and Bruno playing Lidstrom like minutes on the PP.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote