HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

something feels a little ''off'' this year...

Old
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
I was more excited going into this season than I was last year. Look at the offense lineup of game 1 last year. It was putrid. Pouliot, Boyd, Pyatt, Lapierre, Halpern instead of Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole and Engqvist, White.

I'm just getting sick of wondering, man what would we look like with another all-star D-man right now? And then when he comes back you gotta hold your breath the whole time because one wrong turn and it could all be over. Injuries are getting exhausting.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Andy

I enjoy the games. The only thing that is off is the fans on message boards and talkshows. The negativity is unbearable for only 4 games into the season.

Still enjoying watching the actual games.

As far as those whining about the Bruins winning the cup...are you guys that insecure? Jeeze.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I enjoy the games. The only thing that is off is the fans on message boards and talkshows. The negativity is unbearable for only 4 games into the season.

As far as those whining about the Bruins winning the cup...are you guys that insecure? Jeeze.
Unbearable but you're always here. That seems odd.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Unbearable but you're always here. That seems odd.
So?

It is unbearable - doesn't mean he can't stay here and dispel the whining.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Mag1328

For what it's worth, the atmosphere around Bell Centre on opening night was particularly dead. Nothing compared to the previous years. And nothing showing that "la ville est hockey"...
It seems as though, for the time being, that feeling carries on.

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Pretty much, sledging through the crap on here is becoming a chore.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I agree. I feel the same way.
The issue I have is that we have too many "passengers".

What exactly do Enqvsit, Palushaj, Desharnais, etc all provide to the team? They are soft as butter and contribute nothing.

Heck, Mr. Enqvsit is 6'5 and doesn't touch a soul. He plays about 5'5 on the ice. Extremely infuriating.
Knowing that you agree with this thread and having read what you just wrote, it just solidifies what i wrote above.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Protest the Hero

Reading this thread, it sounds like some people would rather watch the Ottawa Senators. They'd rather win fights, than win games.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:20 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag1328 View Post
For what it's worth, the atmosphere around Bell Centre on opening night was particularly dead. Nothing compared to the previous years. And nothing showing that "la ville est hockey"...
It seems as though, for the time being, that feeling carries on.

There is a point though, and that is the JM's hockey is a boring type hockey. Look how vibrant the Bell Centre is when they see a monster hit or even a fight ? Anyone remember the last fight at the Bell ? How come Emelin was known for his hitting in the KHL, yet here in Montreal, nothing. This is just me but as long as JM and PG ice this small non aggresive team, it's going to be downhill for hockey in Montreal.

Old
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Reading this thread, it sounds like some people would rather watch the Ottawa Senators. They'd rather win fights, than win games.
It's funny you say this. But in the past, it has actually helped teams win a game. It actually wakes the crowd up and makes the players play with more aggresiveness.

Old
10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Habs win tonight, Thursday, Saturday, lose to Florida Monday, but win vs Philly, Bos and again vs Bos. That's my call, and I promise you WILL be excited this time in 2 weeks.

PS: Patch wil have 10 goals by then.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Really ? 1-2-1 is sucking ? I think that moreso the problem is we have WAY to many bandwagon fans. And a lot of them are here at HF.
For someone who just said said
Quote:
the only thing I can say about this thread is 'Wow'
, you sure jump in and out of the topic a lot....

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

What I am excited about over this team, is to finally see both Markov and Subban work their magic for a good part of the season, with the deeper offense that we have, this could be something really worth watching.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
There is a point though, and that is the JM's hockey is a boring type hockey. Look how vibrant the Bell Centre is when they see a monster hit or even a fight ? Anyone remember the last fight at the Bell ? How come Emelin was known for his hitting in the KHL, yet here in Montreal, nothing. This is just me but as long as JM and PG ice this small non aggresive team, it's going to be downhill for hockey in Montreal.
1- Because the NHL is not the KHL. NHL players are far more agressive than the KHL ones. Emelin isn't looking for retaliation.

2- He needs time to adapt to NHL style of play. Coaches probably told him to stick to the KISS principle.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
For someone who just said said , you sure jump in and out of the topic a lot....

I was responding to the reason why there is less enthusiasm surrounding the team. And once again, JM's hockey and me, are not on the same line. This does not mean i don't love my Habs and will stop watching them because he is behind the bench.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 10-18-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old
10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Each year, I feel less and less passionate about the Canadiens. For me, what is really turning me off is the overabundance of... pretty much everything concerning the Habs. It's too much. Everything is over-analyzed. It's always been bad in Montreal, but ever since the end of the lock-out, things have reached a new height (or a new low, you pick).

Not only that, but I feel that the commentaries concerning the Canadiens are just--for the most part--idiotic. You have 20-30 analysts around the city commenting after the game--people who can barely articulate a full sentence, and who's opinion are just, for the majority, nothing more enlightening than what you and I can come up with.

I read this board, and I see people getting upset over the 4th-line center (some random guy playing less than 10 minutes a game) and it just boggles me. I like talking about the Habs or I wouldn't be here. But everytime I read a majority of people get upset over some very trivial stuff, it just makes me disgusted about this hockey-mad culture we've created.

I don't want to come across as the guy who's better than everyone. I'm not. I used to get upset over the same things. Then, I don't know... I just realized no matter how loud I shout about this and that, I'm just along for the ride. I don't really care to shout so loud that I might make a difference. It's just a sport. It's just entertainment. There are far worse things in the world to get upset about.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
It was a terrible, depressing off-season. Starting with how we got eliminated. Outplayed Boston a lot of the time, and still lost in seven. In overtime. To make matters worse, Boston won the Cup. Followed by all the deaths over the summer...

Yeah, hockey is a little harder to get into this season, but a few wins in a row will fix that, methinks.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Each year, I feel less and less passionate about the Habs. For me, what is really turning me off is the overabundance of... pretty everything concerning the Habs. It's too much. Everything is over-analyzed. It's always been bad in Montreal, but ever since the end of the lock-out, things have reached a new height (or a new low, you pick).

Not only that, but I feel that the commentaries concerning the Canadiens are just--for the most part--idiotic. You have 20-30 analysts around the city commenting after the game--people who can barely articulate a full sentence, and who's opinion are just, for the majority, nothing more enlightening of what you and I can come up with.

I read this board, and I see people getting upset over the 4th-line center (some random guy playing less than 10 minutes a game) and it just boggles me. I like talking about the Habs or I wouldn't be here. But everytime I read a majority of people get upset over some very trivial stuff, it just makes me disgusted about this hockey-mad culture we've created.

I don't want to come across as the guy who's better than everyone. I'm not. I used to get upset over the same things. Then, I don't know... I just realized no matter how loud I shout about this and that, I'm just along for the ride. I don't really care to shout so loud that I might make a difference. It's just a sport. It's just entertainment. There are far worse things in the world to get upset about.
Yeah too much media. Too much Internet boards. Too much Facebook and Twitter...

Too much information is killing information.

Old
10-18-2011, 09:37 AM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

If somehow they can get rid of Gomez to Hamilton or to another team, it might be the "something" they need.

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
1- Because the NHL is not the KHL. NHL players are far more agressive than the KHL ones. Emelin isn't looking for retaliation.

2- He needs time to adapt to NHL style of play. Coaches probably told him to stick to the KISS principle.
This makes sense, but what is the KISS principle ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Each year, I feel less and less passionate about the Habs. For me, what is really turning me off is the overabundance of... pretty everything concerning the Habs. It's too much. Everything is over-analyzed. It's always been bad in Montreal, but ever since the end of the lock-out, things have reached a new height (or a new low, you pick).

Not only that, but I feel that the commentaries concerning the Canadiens are just--for the most part--idiotic. You have 20-30 analysts around the city commenting after the game--people who can barely articulate a full sentence, and who's opinion are just, for the majority, nothing more enlightening than what you and I can come up with.

This is a great point, maybe when and if the Nords come back the media will split up a bit and things won't be so crazy around here.

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
If somehow they can get rid of Gomez to Hamilton or to another team, it might be the "something" they need.
Then we'd lose more games and we'd all probably care even less.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Habs win tonight, Thursday, Saturday, lose to Florida Monday, but win vs Philly, Bos and again vs Bos. That's my call, and I promise you WILL be excited this time in 2 weeks.

PS: Patch wil have 10 goals by then.
I love your optimism!

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
habitue*

Quote:
This makes sense, but what is the KISS principle ?

This is a great point, maybe when and if the Nords come back the media will split up a bit and thing won't be so crazy around here.
"Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Old
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Capitano

I agree...kind of a downer start...for me it's a combination of things...Bruins win the cup playing scum hockey...still numb from the Maxpac injury...starting the year off with a depleted defense ALREADY...Markov not being ready was brutal for me too.

Going to be a dogfight as usual this year - and I had hopes it would be otherwise.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

ON another note, Habs will lose their next 3 games by a wide margin and all hell will break lose in the city. Fans will take over the bell center like when the French stormed la bastille.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote