HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rinaldo injures BOTH Doughty and Penner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
  #1
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Rinaldo injures BOTH Doughty and Penner

Wow don't wish injuries on people since it's just bad kharma and not cool but Rinaldo really made an impact the other night.....

They were talking about him on the NHL network (or might have been Versus) and kind of talking him up. Roenick seems to like him...


Quote:
Those were a costly few seconds in Philadelphia.

Flyers rookie forward Zac Rinaldo managed to take out Drew Doughty, the Kings' top defenseman, and Dustin Penner, one of their top six forwards, in one first-period flurry. Rinaldo could have probably glared at someone and caused another injury the way things were going.

Doughty will sit out the Kings' Staples Center opener Tuesday night against the St. Louis Blues. He has an injured right shoulder, and the severity of the injury has not been fully disclosed. The Kings are saying he could be out at least seven to 10 days.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7164980.story


Last edited by FreshPerspective: 10-18-2011 at 09:59 AM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
  #2
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,402
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Haha, at the risk of sounding like a dick...nice!

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
And played two more shifts

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
  #4
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
And played two more shifts
Just as well really. There'd be nobody left on the Kings bench otherwise.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  #5
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Looks good on their coach saying it was a hockey play etc. Too many times do we see a 'star player' get hurt on a big hit that is clean and the coach/gm are pissed at a lack of penalty etc.

I don't like to see injuries, but they are the unfortunate result of a great hit.

Keep up the good hitting Rinaldo!

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
  #6
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,842
vCash: 50
Penner brought that **** on himself tussling with Rinaldo after a clean hit. I'll risk sounding like a dick too, good for Zac. I like Doughty and don't wanna see him hurt, but Rinaldo did his job of rendering 2 top Kings ineffective.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:06 AM
  #7
alx83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Sounding like a dick? Hahaha.

I don't give a ****. That's awesome. Rinaldo's job is to get out there and hit anything that moves.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:06 AM
  #8
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Looks good on their coach saying it was a hockey play etc. Too many times do we see a 'star player' get hurt on a big hit that is clean and the coach/gm are pissed at a lack of penalty etc.

I don't like to see injuries, but they are the unfortunate result of a great hit.

Keep up the good hitting Rinaldo!
Did he? Must have looked at the tape after the game b/c during the game Murray was frothing at the mouth and yelling at the ref in Schoenfeld vs Koharski like fashion....he thought Rinaldo left his feet which he did but it was just follow through like Richards has done. Doughty was naughty by not keeping his head up.....


FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:07 AM
  #9
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Why did he play so little after that?

He could have done more of that the whole game

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
  #10
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Penner brought that **** on himself tussling with Rinaldo after a clean hit. I'll risk sounding like a dick too, good for Zac. I like Doughty and don't wanna see him hurt, but Rinaldo did his job of rendering 2 top Kings ineffective.
Penner still did the right thing, and Rinaldo knows that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Why did he play so little after that?

He could have done more of that the whole game
Because he's not a player, and the game was called very tight. Rinaldo took three bad penalties in three previous games. A 4th one might have cost the Flyers a point in the standings.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
  #11
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Did he? Must have looked at the tape after the game b/c during the game Murray was frothing at the mouth and yelling at the ref in Schoenfeld vs Koharski like fashion....he thought Rinaldo left his feet which he did but it was just follow through like Richards has done. Doughty was naughty by not keeping his head up.....

yea, the last paragraph or two of the link he is quoted as saying it was a clean hit, good hockey play, that he did not leave his feet and that Doughty only saw him at the last second, but that it was a good clean hit.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
  #12
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
The aftermath of a Rinaldo shift


FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
  #13
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
yea, the last paragraph or two of the link he is quoted as saying it was a clean hit, good hockey play, that he did not leave his feet and that Doughty only saw him at the last second, but that it was a good clean hit.
Ahh didn't read the whole thing...was too anxious to post

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
  #14
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Rinaldo RECKING BALL

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
  #15
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Because he's not a player, and the game was called very tight. Rinaldo took three bad penalties in three previous games. A 4th one might have cost the Flyers a point in the standings.
We did lose some points......... Because of a JVR penalty..

He didn't play much after that because of all the specialty team times. Also because the misconduct pretty much took him out the game.

Lets be fair now.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
  #16
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
We did lose some points......... Because of a JVR penalty..

He didn't play much after that because of all the specialty team times. Also because the misconduct pretty much took him out the game.

Lets be fair now.
Good points...def not fair to just insinuate he is a no talent...guy has skill but is just a crazy italian loose canon who is going to need to learn to keep it in "check."

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
  #17
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
We did lose some points......... Because of a JVR penalty..

He didn't play much after that because of all the specialty team times. Also because the misconduct pretty much took him out the game.

Lets be fair now.
Ok, this is not terribly different from what I just said.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
  #18
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Him being a loose cannon is overblown and not true... I say its the Steve Downie/Carcillo effect.

His problem is always going and looking for the big hits. Which can put him out of position or get him suspended for hitting a guy from behind. He is an emotional player who likes to hit people lol. He isn't a guy who is going to flip out and sucker punch somebody. If he continues to know when to go for the hit and to let up on guys in a vulnerable position while playing solid defensive hockey he will stay on the team. The only discipline problems have been from his questionable hits.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
  #19
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Ok, this is not terribly different from what I just said.
Well what i got from what you said was "He sucks and if he was out there he would of got a penalty called on him"

But hell i must be retarded.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
  #20
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Well what i got from what you said was "He sucks"

But hell i must be retarded.
He does suck. That's why he didn't play any of the other 43 minutes he was available for.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
  #21
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He does suck. That's why he didn't play any of the other 43 minutes he was available for.
That's why hes a 4th liner lol.

His role is to bang bodies on the forecheck and agitate the opponent into a penalty.

I say he did his job pretty well.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
  #22
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,380
vCash: 500
Yeah lets get Shelley in there so we can see him stand stationary and get his face bloodied after losing another fight...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
  #23
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
That's why hes a 4th liner lol.

His role is to bang bodies on the forecheck and agitate the opponent into a penalty.

I say he did his job pretty well.
Right, he did his job and then got no ice time.

There's a difference between 4th liner and hired dog.

This was the biggest game in which he made an impact, and the Flyers lost the game. So, was it really that important, or would it have been nice to have another skill player/penalty killer with all the penalties going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yeah lets get Shelley in there so we can see him stand stationary and get his face bloodied after losing another fight...
This is in no way an endorsement of Jody Shelley.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:37 AM
  #24
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Right, he did his job and then got no ice time.

There's a difference between 4th liner and hired dog.

This was the biggest game in which he made an impact, and the Flyers lost the game. So, was it really that important, or would it have been nice to have another skill player/penalty killer with all the penalties going on?
Well he did help his team out. I mean after all its a team game right?

How about the Flyers as a collective team learn more discipline? Role players do exist you know..... He got no ice time because of all the special teams play going on. That throws the rhythm of the bench off.

I know you don't like the guy but come on. He is what he is. A 4th line grinder playing on the 4th line.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:40 AM
  #25
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,917
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Well he did help his team out. I mean after all its a team game right?

How about the Flyers as a collective team learn more discipline? Role players do exist you know..... He got no ice time because of all the special teams play going on. That throws the rhythm of the bench off.

I know you don't like the guy but come on. He is what he is. A 4th line grinder playing on the 4th line.
Right, and to me a 4th line player who can't take a regular shift or kill a penalty is a waste of time. I'm sure Matt Walker making 3x as much money can take 3 shifts as a forward, hit someone, fight someone, and spell Pronger and Timonen taking the odd shift as a 7th defenseman. Instead, this guy sits on the end of the bench while we have an 18-year old as a shutdown center, killing penalties with another rookie, and almost no support system behind them. It's a little thing that's a big thing.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.