HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pekka Rinne

View Poll Results: Will Rinne stay
Yes 28 82.35%
No 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Pekka Rinne

We all know this guy is one of the top goalies in the league, but we are giving him no help.

If I'm Rinne and this keeps up, i leave this offseason. We are giving up too many shots and not giving him enough wins to keep him in a small market at this point. I hope we can keep him, but I wouldn't blame him if he leaves.

So what do you think....will Rinne re-sign?

EDIT: I think this will get better and we'll help him more, but let's say we miss the playoffs

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 10-16-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Mustard

vCash: 788
IMO it's a little early still. What we need more of is a healthy team. I think we have improved a little to be honest. Stupid penalties killed us tonight, plain and simple.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:03 AM
maplepred

As usual, all of our problems lead back to one thing, we need a top three forward, plain and simple

If rinne let's in a couple goals and still has a huge save percentage but loses it's because nobody can bury the puck at the other end if the ice! I prey we address this need in a make or break season this year, and I hope we do it sooner rather than later. If problem is not fixed, rinne is gone for sure

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:10 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
As usual, all of our problems lead back to one thing, we need a top three forward, plain and simple

If rinne let's in a couple goals and still has a huge save percentage but loses it's because nobody can bury the puck at the other end if the ice! I prey we address this need in a make or break season this year, and I hope we do it sooner rather than later. If problem is not fixed, rinne is gone for sure
Along with 2 other current roster members. Not only this reason, but the stellar play from our so-called "highly talented" blueline, giving up close to 40 shots a game will not endure an extension either.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

We are four games in, and Rinne has two wins, one loss, and one shootout loss. Seriously? Can we at least wait until November before we start shipping players off because the team sucks?

FWIW, Rinne has won 53% of his career starts. Brodeur has won 55%. I think to this point the team is giving him plenty of help winning games.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We are four games in, and Rinne has two wins, one loss, and one shootout loss. Seriously? Can we at least wait until November before we start shipping players off because the team sucks?

FWIW, Rinne has won 53% of his career starts. Brodeur has won 55%. I think to this point the team is giving him plenty of help winning games.
I'm waiting until a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving ... because by then we'll have enough games played (and players back from injury)to figure out what kind of team we are (fringe more than likely)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Jarnberg

I think Pekka will resign. The goalie market isn't that big

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:18 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think Pekka will resign. The goalie market isn't that big
Ditto, I don't think there are many teams willing to pay up for a franchise goalie in the next year. I think he'll stay for atleast another 3-4 years.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Soundgarden

I think if everything goes alright, we make the playoffs, maybe pick up a decent scorer, or one of Suter/Weber re-signs, then Rinne is pretty much staying. But, if we miss the playoffs and Suter leaves, then he might go, but Rinne just seems to be the one who will stay even if everything bad happens.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Sorry, gopreds9. I missed your edit where you included the hypothetical scenario of the team missing the play offs. In that case, I think we have a real concern. Right now, though, we are ok. As far as the goalie market goes, Rinne has his own market. Certain players supersede the "market" for the position. Weber is one of them. Rinne is one of them. I think that there are several teams who will gladly dump some salary to obtain Pekka Rinne. He is on par with Lundqvist, Thomas, and Price right now. Better than Luongo, Miller, and Ward, if only by a slight margin. Rinne will be had. It's just a matter of who and how much.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Lord I hope he re-signs.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Either way i'm re-signing him in NHL'12

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Top 6 Spaling

“It comes down to effort, work ethic, just playing desperate hockey. That’s what it is,” Rinne said. “It comes down to those simple things: fighting for your teammate, and right now we are not doing that and this is the result.”

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote