HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Rinaldo injures BOTH Doughty and Penner

Old
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Right, and to me a 4th line player who can't take a regular shift or kill a penalty is a waste of time. This guy sits on the end of the bench while we have an 18-year old as a shutdown center, killing penalties with another rookie, and almost no support system behind them. It's a little thing that's a big thing.

They key words to it all.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Lol listen to the angst in this thread. Rinaldo did his job, and did it very well. Took two top line players out of the game. He should of been given more icetime. But after the misconduct against him you knew that they would of called any penalty on him regardless

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:59 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
They key words to it all.
The response of someone who has run out of legitimate rebuttals. He did his job based on one shift. 1 out of 3 is very nice. Lavy did what he was supposed to do with him, he took him off the ice because he wasn't going to put him in a position to hurt the team more than he helped it. That's what coaches are supposed to do given their personnel. The guy who cleans toilets over at Apple I'm sure does his job very well, too, but he's not going to be put in the board room.

As for anything else, I've been over it quite a few times in previous threads about production similar to his before this season had led to a sustained NHL career of absolutely nobody. No one has answered the challenge I put forth in finding someone - anyone - who has, including some people I've spoken to in other mediums. That's not a pushing of any agenda to the player, I'm simply playing the percentages. >99.9% is a very good percentage to stand by as far as the points I've made.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-18-2011 at 11:07 AM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
The response of someone who has run out of legitimate rebuttals.

As for anything else, I've been over it quite a few times in previous threads about production similar to his before this season had led to a sustained NHL career of absolutely nobody. No one has answered the challenge I put forth in finding someone - anyone - who has, including some people I've spoken to in other mediums. That's not a pushing of any agenda to the player, I'm simply playing the percentages. >99.9% is a very good percentage to stand by as far as the points I've made.

What do i need to go back and forth with you about?
Its Zac Rinaldo. lol.

A 4th line energy/agitator player. That's his role. If you don't understand that then i don't know what to tell you. THIS IS HIS ROLE HE IS PLAYING WHILE ON THIS TEAM. He isn't on here to kill penalties. That is why they have other guys to do it. Because that is their roles.

I like and respect his game. He is on the team until otherwise. DEAL WITH IT.

You wasted my time with that paragraph of **** that i don't care about.

Old
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
He did his job based on one shift. 1 out of 3 is very nice. Lavy did what he was supposed to do with him, he took him off the ice because he wasn't going to put him in a position to hurt the team more than he helped it. That's what coaches are supposed to do given their personnel. The guy who cleans toilets over at Apple I'm sure does his job very well, too.

I'm sure Lavy said in his press conference why Zac didn't get any more playing time. Special teams play and him wanting to get his scorers on the ice when they were on the bench because of the penalty kill.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol listen to the angst in this thread. Rinaldo did his job, and did it very well. Took two top line players out of the game. He should of been given more icetime. But after the misconduct against him you knew that they would of called any penalty on him regardless
Why? He didn't score goals or create offense, or play on special teams. The team that injures the most players isn't the one awarded the win.

10-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
The response of someone who has run out of legitimate rebuttals. He did his job based on one shift. 1 out of 3 is very nice. Lavy did what he was supposed to do with him, he took him off the ice because he wasn't going to put him in a position to hurt the team more than he helped it. That's what coaches are supposed to do given their personnel. The guy who cleans toilets over at Apple I'm sure does his job very well, too, but he's not going to be put in the board room.

As for anything else, I've been over it quite a few times in previous threads about production similar to his before this season had led to a sustained NHL career of absolutely nobody
. No one has answered the challenge I put forth in finding someone - anyone - who has, including some people I've spoken to in other mediums. That's not a pushing of any agenda to the player, I'm simply playing the percentages. >99.9% is a very good percentage to stand by as far as the points I've made.
Darroll Powe.

Your obsession with a "scrub" is hillarious. As for his career. He's already played in two post season games on the deepest team in the league.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Darroll Powe.

Your obsession with a "scrub" is hillarious. As for his career. He's already played in two post season games on the deepest team in the league.
Powe is far better than Rinaldo. Powe is a damned good PKer and is pretty reliable on defense too. Rinaldo...meh.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:12 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why? He didn't score goals or create offense, or play on special teams. The team that injures the most players isn't the one awarded the win.
You obviously haven't played Australian rules football!

I don't mind having Rinaldo as an energy guy as long as he keeps his head and doesn't pull some of the stupid stuff he's done in juniors. I just don't think he can.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Shoeny

Im going to be the minority on this, but he left his feet to hit Doughty and if Im a Kings fan Im pissed. If he hit Doughty in the head and gave him a concussion, hes suspended.

Rinaldo is an AHL player. The Flyers need to get there cap situation in order and recall Schenn.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
Im going to be the minority on this, but he left his feet to hit Doughty and if Im a Kings fan Im pissed. If he hit Doughty in the head and gave him a concussion, hes suspended.

Rinaldo is an AHL player. The Flyers need to get there cap situation in order and recall Schenn.
I think you are in the minority indeed...it was a clean hit

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Darroll Powe.

Powe had 23 points in his rookie season in the AHL. He was a few years older than Rinaldo was though, so it's not an entirley fair comparison. Powe was a pretty decent point producer for Princeton however (along with Kevin Westgarth...) whereas Rinaldo didn't exactly shine in that department in his junior career. Powe was also used on the pk, Rinaldo has never been used there I believe (at least not for an extended amount of time).

Rinaldo has had a pretty solid start to the season, imo. He's kept his head cool for most times, and that is really all I ask of him as long as he plays with a lot of energy. I would still prefer it if someone else had his spot, someone that could be counted on to play some pk if needed for instance, but so far he's doing his job alright.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
PuckBoy33

Where's the 'stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Sounding like a dick? Hahaha.

I don't give a ****. That's awesome. Rinaldo's job is to get out there and hit anything that moves.
Carcillo Redeux?

PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM
thelos
Bunk

Rinaldo is alright for 525k but we could easily have a vet like Madden or someone who can help the team on faceoffs and PK ability there instead

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:33 PM
SgtJoseph

I am glad we have a throw back bob Kelley type player on our club who even though small in stature, is willing to play with some high energy and mix it up a bit with the opposition.Hate seeing any one get hurt, but this ain't Chess or Checkers boys and girls.Hopefully he can learn to pick and choose his moments and do it cleanly with out going to the box for being stupid...

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I think you are in the minority indeed...it was a clean hit

You've got to be some kind of blind if you still think he left his feet after that slow motion replay at the end. He's clearly on the ground until the motion is transferred after contact.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
You've got to be some kind of blind if you still think he left his feet after that slow motion replay at the end. He's clearly on the ground until the motion is transferred after contact.
Yup..if you go frame by frame it's pretty clear. I mean he had at most one skate maybe an inch off the ice or so at the moment of impact and then the inertia (follow through) of the hit propelled him up further.

Doughty was totally careless with his own awareness on the ice and he was made to pay...hockey!

Old
10-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

You never want to see someone get injured but Rinaldo doing his job annoying the better players on the opposing team. That being said I wish Doughty and Penner a speedy recovery.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
The aftermath of a Rinaldo shift

My man that was to good!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So knocking the other team's 1st pairing D-man and 2nd line winger out of the game isn't helping your team win? Ok.

Rinaldo is one of the best hitters I've ever seen, and because of the way he can skate, the other team has to keep their head on a swivel. Darroll Powe didn't strike fear into anyone. He threw checks, but there's a difference. When Rinaldo hits someone, you don't know if they're going to get up.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
So knocking the other team's 1st pairing D-man and 2nd line winger out of the game isn't helping your team win? Ok.

Rinaldo is one of the best hitters I've ever seen, and because of the way he can skate, the other team has to keep their head on a swivel. Darroll Powe didn't strike fear into anyone. He threw checks, but there's a difference. When Rinaldo hits someone, you don't know if they're going to get up.
I never said he didn't help the team win. After he throws a couple hits and gets the refs attention, he stops being useful and can quickly become a detriment.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Good for Rinaldo i know doughboy was hurt but thread title maybe misleading was pencil hurt in the fight.......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:33 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Good for Rinaldo i know doughboy was hurt but thread title maybe misleading was pencil hurt in the fight.......
Janked up his knee in the tussle...

Quote:
Kings forward Dustin Penner left practice early yesterday and was to have his injured knee examined. Penner bruised his knee when he fought Zac Rinaldo, who had laid out Drew Doughty with a hard check.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7164980.story

Old
10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Darroll Powe.

Incorrect. Powe in his last year at Princeton had 28 points in 34 games, and that's actually rather potent in college. He was working his way up the Phantoms line up as well before being recalled.

Rinaldo averaged 2:53 of ice time in two playoff games. Flyers lost 1 in overtime after they went down 3-0, and the other 7-3.

As far as the "obsession", I'm not the one creating threads upon threads about how great a 4-minute player is. You call it an obsession. I call it having higher standards as a paying customer.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:37 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Janked up his knee in the tussle...
Nice kill two birds with one stone way a go Rinaldo........

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote