HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 04:40 PM
  #901
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
This is more of a feeler or wantlist, but if anyone knows someone selling the specialty Phantoms gamers, from the past couple years, shoot me a message. Once I sell this Burger King jersey, I want to purchase either a Blazers, Quakers, Broad St Bullies, or Spectrum jersey that the Phantoms wore on different occasions. Don't really care who wore the jersey, just want one...

Also since they did the Blazers and Quakers, does anyone know if they ever did a Ramblers or Firebirds jersey night?


Last edited by flountown: 10-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.
flountown is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 09:04 PM
  #902
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
This is more of a feeler or wantlist, but if anyone knows someone selling the specialty Phantoms gamers, from the past couple years, shoot me a message. Once I sell this Burger King jersey, I want to purchase either a Blazers, Quakers, Broad St Bullies, or Spectrum jersey that the Phantoms wore on different occasions. Don't really care who wore the jersey, just want one...

Also since they did the Blazers and Quakers, does anyone know if they ever did a Ramblers or Firebirds jersey night?
You will be hard pressed to find one of those jerseys. Any of the one game wonders were won at live auctions by former season ticket holders. I have seen very few resurface.

I do not believe that they ever did a Ramblers throwback. I know they did the following

Firebirds
Quakers
Blazers
Richmond Robins
Quebec Aces
Maine Mariners

The last 3 were former flyers ahl affiliates.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
10-15-2011, 01:56 AM
  #903
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
You will be hard pressed to find one of those jerseys. Any of the one game wonders were won at live auctions by former season ticket holders. I have seen very few resurface.

I do not believe that they ever did a Ramblers throwback. I know they did the following

Firebirds
Quakers
Blazers
Richmond Robins
Quebec Aces
Maine Mariners

The last 3 were former flyers ahl affiliates.
Yeah, the search is more wishful thinking. The only one I have found in my searching has been a Gretton, Blazers gamer, but the guy on eBay selling it seems to be a solid gold Gratton collector with the prices he asks...

flountown is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 12:17 PM
  #904
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
So i bit the bullet and got me a rinaldo & jagr jersey last night

along with bobs locker room nameplate from the 2011 playoffs (signed with a coa)

also got 3 winter classic pucks signed by Dorny, The Hound & Bernie Parent (OMG I JUST MET BERNIE LOL!!)... and got one of them 50 flyers card packs from the souvenir stand and there was a bernie parent 70's card in there and got that signed as well...

overall great game except for my 102.5 fever and the flyers loss...

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 12:23 PM
  #905
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,044
vCash: 500
They sell Rinaldo jerseys?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
  #906
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They sell Rinaldo jerseys?
had one heat pressed and had it sewn on later... same with my zherdev from last year...

they do it behind section 119 (dont quote me on that) one of the velvet roped stands...

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
  #907
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
So i bit the bullet and got me a rinaldo & jagr jersey last night

along with bobs locker room nameplate from the 2011 playoffs (signed with a coa)

also got 3 winter classic pucks signed by Dorny, The Hound & Bernie Parent (OMG I JUST MET BERNIE LOL!!)... and got one of them 50 flyers card packs from the souvenir stand and there was a bernie parent 70's card in there and got that signed as well...

overall great game except for my 102.5 fever and the flyers loss...
where did you get bob's nameplate? btw rinaldo's a keeper. He's gonna be here for a while. you didnt bit no bullet on that one.

funghoul is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 07:34 PM
  #908
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
where did you get bob's nameplate? btw rinaldo's a keeper. He's gonna be here for a while. you didnt bit no bullet on that one.
At the "Game Used" Equipment stand right outside the Broad Street side store...

and I think I used the wrong term for getting Rinaldo & Jagr's jerseys didn't mean bite the bullet as in they may not be here in a year... more or so meant jumped the gun and bought em.... either way SUPER happy with getting both... I will eventually get a Rinaldo Rookie 51 jersey..

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 12:31 PM
  #909
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Indo Edge authentics

It's all over the other boards regarding this. Apparently Edge 2.0 will NOT be available at retail. The retail version of the authentic is made in Indonesia and will have the lime green neck tape. The material is NOT airknit, but a hybrid Xtrafil/Edge material. No double shoulders either. (jerseys will still have the Edge 1.0 arms). Reebok (not Vector) neck patch (which might or might not be screen-printed rather than patches).

The gamers are still made in Canada and have black Reebok neck tape inside along with Maple Leaf flag size tag. See NHL auction:
http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=167036405

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=166783744

THIS SHOULD COME TO NO SURPRISE to NFL jersey collectors. The retail authentic NFL jerseys are made in Korea or Mexico. The gamer authentics are made in Berlin, WI by Rippon. If you buy an "authentic" on NFL.com you are not getting the actual jersey worn on the field. At least the NHL is consistent with not making an "actual on-ice" jersey available at retail.

PATHETIC!


Last edited by PuckBoy33: 10-18-2011 at 01:07 PM.
PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 12:44 PM
  #910
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Indo Edge

The well-recognized litmus test regarding authentic jerseys is to look at the fight strap. MeigGray gamers will have horizontal reinforcement stitching above and below where the fight strap is attached (this stitching is visible on the outside of the jersey). Also, there is an additional piece of twill sewn over the fight strap on the inside of the jersey.

Retail Edge 1.0s and all retail authentics (including the Indo Edge) will not have the horizontal reinforcement stitching or the extra piece of twill on the fight strap.

So even those of you who think you have a spot-on "on ice" authentic because you customized a retail Edge 1.0, the "lightweight" fightstrap is a glaring inconsistency/inaccuracy.

Only those who bought MG blank Edge 1.0 jerseys on clearance and customized them will have accurate reproductions of "on ice" jerseys.

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
  #911
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
The well-recognized litmus test regarding authentic jerseys is to look at the fight strap. MeigGray gamers will have horizontal reinforcement stitching above and below where the fight strap is attached (this stitching is visible on the outside of the jersey). Also, there is an additional piece of twill sewn over the fight strap on the inside of the jersey.

Retail Edge 1.0s and all retail authentics (including the Indo Edge) will not have the horizontal reinforcement stitching or the extra piece of twill on the fight strap.

So even those of you who think you have a spot-on "on ice" authentic because you customized a retail Edge 1.0, the "lightweight" fightstrap is a glaring inconsistency/inaccuracy.

Only those who bought MG blank Edge 1.0 jerseys on clearance and customized them will have accurate reproductions of "on ice" jerseys.
god forbid the fight strap not be reinforced on a jersey made for fans

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
  #912
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
By your logic . . .

Why even HAVE a fightstrap on a fan jersey? Why even sell authentics at retail? Why not just sell replica/Premier jerseys with the goofy side slits at the bottom hem?

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
  #913
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
god forbid the fight strap not be reinforced on a jersey made for fans
While I understand your statement, the real issue is that the jerseys are advertised as ON ICE jerseys, "WEAR WHAT THE PROS WEAR" type marketing, and they just aren't. If you are going to advertise it as such, it better be on-ice quality.

One can only hope that the Winter Classic jerseys, being a limited run, will be real 2.0 jerseys...

flountown is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 01:58 PM
  #914
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,044
vCash: 500
I don't buy authentic jerseys to pretend that I'm that player. I buy them because the material is better.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:05 PM
  #915
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
While I understand your statement, the real issue is that the jerseys are advertised as ON ICE jerseys, "WEAR WHAT THE PROS WEAR" type marketing, and they just aren't. If you are going to advertise it as such, it better be on-ice quality.

One can only hope that the Winter Classic jerseys, being a limited run, will be real 2.0 jerseys...
They are not advertising the jerseys as what the pros wear on the ice.

Quote:
This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey replicates the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design. It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas. The jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill graphics.
Whoever is buying the jersey thinking that it's what the pros wear only have themselves to blame.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
  #916
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Why even HAVE a fightstrap on a fan jersey? Why even sell authentics at retail? Why not just sell replica/Premier jerseys with the goofy side slits at the bottom hem?
I honestly don't have an answer for that

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:17 PM
  #917
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They are not advertising the jerseys as what the pros wear on the ice.



Whoever is buying the jersey thinking that it's what the pros wear only have themselves to blame.
I totally disagree, since retail jerseys got popular in the early 90's, the NHL has always offered the on-ice authentics to the fans, I just hate that there is now no way to purchase what the players wear on the ice without getting lucky that Meigray sells off a few extras. At the end of the day, they should advertise these as 'Expensive Replicas' and not authentic Edge jerseys, because they are not.

flountown is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  #918
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,044
vCash: 500
I understand that mindset but the NHL, at least according to their website, is not advertising the jerseys as the ones worn on the ice. It is wrong that they don't offer the jerseys at retail but they're not saying that they do.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
  #919
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They are not advertising the jerseys as what the pros wear on the ice.



Whoever is buying the jersey thinking that it's what the pros wear only have themselves to blame.
In my opinion, if they wont sell the official on-ice jerseys they should not use the word "authentic" to describe the jersey, because simply, its not authentic. As well, the description says "replicates the jersey is terms of fabric". Thats not true at all if they are not using airknit for the front of the jersey like 2.0s.

Assuming the jersey still has the rounded hems, then yes they are replicating the shape. And I would hope it is the same design of the jersey. If you were to replicate fabric, it should be the same, not different, that wouldn't be replicating

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
  #920
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Polyester for thought . . .

I don't think its as much a marketing issue than an attempt to keep the collector's hobby pure. Think about it. If the NHL and NFL sold "authentics" at retail that were EXACT matches to the on field, on ice gamers, what would prevent someone from doing a spot-on customization job and trying to pass it off as a gamer to an unsophisticated rube?

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
  #921
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
I don't think its as much a marketing issue than an attempt to keep the collector's hobby pure. Think about it. If the NHL and NFL sold "authentics" at retail that were EXACT matches to the on field, on ice gamers, what would prevent someone from doing a spot-on customization job and trying to pass it off as a gamer to an unsophisticated rube?
I think you need to give people more credit. If people are interested in a game worn jersey, they most likely will know some of the signs that decipher what is game worn and what is not

Edit - And I hardly think Reebok cares about people getting ripped off considering they are charging $250-$300 for this new Indo-Edge crap

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
  #922
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
I don't think its as much a marketing issue than an attempt to keep the collector's hobby pure. Think about it. If the NHL and NFL sold "authentics" at retail that were EXACT matches to the on field, on ice gamers, what would prevent someone from doing a spot-on customization job and trying to pass it off as a gamer to an unsophisticated rube?
Various game worn authentication programs, and it wouldn't be the first time that people tried it either, so that is really a non-issue.

flountown is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 03:39 PM
  #923
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
I don't think its as much a marketing issue than an attempt to keep the collector's hobby pure. Think about it. If the NHL and NFL sold "authentics" at retail that were EXACT matches to the on field, on ice gamers, what would prevent someone from doing a spot-on customization job and trying to pass it off as a gamer to an unsophisticated rube?
Major League Baseball retail Authentic's are the same exact thing as the jerseys worn on the field. Minus a stitched on little patch showing what year it's used.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
  #924
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
patch removal

How difficult (or is it not possible) is it to remove the Rbk vector logo patch on a retail authentic jersey? I see that the patch is zig-zag stitched (I removed the inside neck label and you can see the stitching). My question is whether the patch is heat-sealed down like the crest. I tried to remove the crest from a retail authentic and although I easily removed the zig-zag stitches from around the edge of the crest, when I went to remove the crest it stayed stuck on VERY tightly. Goof off/Goo-be-gone did not help.

I am thinking of removing the vector logo and sewing on a REEBOK wordmark I cut off a pair of orange Rbk sweatpants (the stitching is black). It would make a freakin' awesome update to the jersey.

Flountown, you are usually good at these things. Any suggestions buddy?

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
  #925
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
How difficult (or is it not possible) is it to remove the Rbk vector logo patch on a retail authentic jersey? I see that the patch is zig-zag stitched (I removed the inside neck label and you can see the stitching). My question is whether the patch is heat-sealed down like the crest. I tried to remove the crest from a retail authentic and although I easily removed the zig-zag stitches from around the edge of the crest, when I went to remove the crest it stayed stuck on VERY tightly. Goof off/Goo-be-gone did not help.

I am thinking of removing the vector logo and sewing on a REEBOK wordmark I cut off a pair of orange Rbk sweatpants (the stitching is black). It would make a freakin' awesome update to the jersey.

Flountown, you are usually good at these things. Any suggestions buddy?
USe a t-shirt and an iron to apply heat to loosen the glue's hold. If worse comes to worst, some people try to break the glue up by wetting the localized area, then freezing it.

flountown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.