HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The habs young core players.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:23 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
I'm guessing Arctitccat misunderstood what was meant by "1st line power forward".

I don't think anyone here is saying Pacioretty is going to be an Iginla, but rather a first line complementary power forward, someone like a Drew Stafford, whose a pretty good young power forward in Buffalo...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'm guessing Arctitccat misunderstood what was meant by "1st line power forward".

I don't think anyone here is saying Pacioretty is going to be an Iginla, but rather a first line complementary power forward, someone like a Drew Stafford, whose a pretty good young power forward in Buffalo...
It's too early to say he'll be a legit 1st line player.

He looks good and is off to a promising start in his career. God knows we've needed a big forward in forever but we've seen this movie before with guys like Higgins and Brian Savage who looked like they could be future 1st liners and never materialized. MaxPac has more physicality than either of them and could actually be a power forward, but it's too soon to say.

BTW, it's too early to know how good PK will be either. Great offensive skills but his D needs a lot of work.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:21 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I'm curious, how do you intend for us to tank? If you trade Cammy, Gio, Markov, Cole, Pleks, 5 BIG NAME PLAYERS, we still have Price, Subban and Patches who with the rest of our depth in AK, Eller, DD, Moen, Emelin, Spacek, Weber, Diaz will keep us out of a lottery position.

The only way we can land Yapokiov is if we trade both Price and Subban. At that point, is he really worth it?

edit: the window for us to tank closed about 3 years ago.
The window to tank closed 3 years ago, you're right. Gainey should have done it, he should have traded the whole team at the deadline. But as of now we're stucked with contracts.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
The window to tank closed 3 years ago, you're right. Gainey should have done it, he should have traded the whole team at the deadline. But as of now we're stucked with contracts.
We're not stuck with anyone other than Gomez... and we don't need to 'tank' to trade away vets for picks and prospects.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:39 PM
G0bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We're not stuck with anyone other than Gomez... and we don't need to 'tank' to trade away vets for picks and prospects.
This guy says hello

G0bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
This guy says hello

Expires at the end of the year. You think we're re-signing him?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:25 PM
G0bias

Fact is that it's still 10mil invested in two sub-par players.

G0bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTICCAT24 View Post
I like a few Habs like Moen and White. I came here to see when White was gonna be back because I didn't know.
Judging by the avatar, I'd like to tell you a revelation: we are 40 years ahead of your time. Power-forwards are not like Neely and Howe anymore. Deal with it.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote