HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4 - 10.18.2011 | New York Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks | 10:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
  #101
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
3.

Chris Frololololologgins
Dale "Missing: Gatorade Cap" Weise
Manny "Not another 1st round bust" Malhotra
Samuelsson too

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
  #102
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
As a regular reader of opposing GDT's, one thing I've noticed is that every single time the other fanbase collectively expects the Canucks to win in a blowout, the Canucks end up losing. Please be a bit more optimistic for our sake.

The Canucks have played like crap for 40 minutes in each game they've played. The only reason we're .500 right now is because the team only starts playing in the 3rd period when they have to. We spend most of the 1st period in the penalty box. If Kesler wasn't playing I'd be expecting a loss, but being the player he is I'm hoping he calms the team down in that regard. That and the fact that the team is honouring Rick Rypien tonight. Something eerie I just noticed today is that when the Canucks honoured Bourdon three years ago, both Rypien and Demitra were in the lineup.

I'm excited to see the Richards-Gaborik combo. Keep your eyes on Hodgson. He's been one of our best players in every single game this season. Tonight's the first game of his career that he'll be playing with a star player like Kesler. Many people have already labeled him a bust, but his play on the ice states otherwise.
That sounds sort of like us. Except the part about showing up in the third period

iamitter is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
  #103
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
The Canucks have played like crap for 40 minutes in each game they've played.
You guys are in luck, we're crap for 60

Hellion is online now  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
  #104
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
You guys are in luck, we're crap for 60
Nice one.

Loffen is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM
  #105
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,439
vCash: 300
Mehhhhhh. Damn West Coast games, will only get ~5 hours of sleep tonight...3 1/2 from Thursday to Friday if I'm lucky. They better damn well make it worth my while, LOL.

Anyway, given the Canucks lackluster start, I definitely think this game is winnable. We might be missing Staal, but if the team can shut down the Sedins unit, there isn't much scoring depth beyond that; Kesler is awesome, obviously, but he's just coming back from an injury, so he should be a bit rusty. I know it seems like a pipe dream that this team could shut down the Twins without Staal, but I think people aren't giving the McDonagh-Girardi pair enough credit...they shut down the RPG line with Lundqvist's help, and that is a more dangerous line than the Canucks' line, IMO, if only for the fact that Ryan is a much, much more dangerous player than Burrows generally is.

Discipline is key. This team cannot have another 7/8 penalty outburst, they basically put the nail in their own coffin this way. Get the forecheck going early, keep them pinned in their own zone, and wear them down.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
  #106
DanCloutier
Registered User
 
DanCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

Cheap shot from our friends at nhl.com

DanCloutier is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:20 PM
  #107
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
I'm seriously wondering if it's worth staying up for! We've looked bloody aweful, after our top 6 we have nothing to put out there and the short benched showed against the Isles in the third!

MAYO is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
  #108
nafsregnar27
Registered User
 
nafsregnar27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central California
Country: United States
Posts: 478
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutier View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

Cheap shot from our friends at nhl.com
Dave Bozo can go eff off. Worthless piece of garbage.

nafsregnar27 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:32 PM
  #109
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
I'm seriously wondering if it's worth staying up for! We've looked bloody aweful, after our top 6 we have nothing to put out there and the short benched showed against the Isles in the third!
Is that a real question? EVERY Ranger game is a game worth staying up for.

Being a Ranger fan is like practicing religion.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
  #110
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 50
Quote:
Just how long has it been since the Rangers won in Vancouver? Flannel has gone from fashionable to unfashionable and back to fashionable again
Haha, thats priceless

Hellion is online now  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  #111
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Being a Ranger fan is like practicing religion.
Jupp. Even if most people know the chance of God actually existing is slim, they still pray.
Rangers fans: We know the likelyhood of a win is slim, but we still stay up all night to watch their games.

Hellion is online now  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:38 PM
  #112
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,243
vCash: 116
Hope that the Rangers are able to stay disciplined because the Canucks on the powerplay are generally dangerous.

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM
  #113
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Mehhhhhh. Damn West Coast games, will only get ~5 hours of sleep tonight...3 1/2 from Thursday to Friday if I'm lucky. They better damn well make it worth my while, LOL.

Anyway, given the Canucks lackluster start, I definitely think this game is winnable. We might be missing Staal, but if the team can shut down the Sedins unit, there isn't much scoring depth beyond that; Kesler is awesome, obviously, but he's just coming back from an injury, so he should be a bit rusty. I know it seems like a pipe dream that this team could shut down the Twins without Staal, but I think people aren't giving the McDonagh-Girardi pair enough credit...they shut down the RPG line with Lundqvist's help, and that is a more dangerous line than the Canucks' line, IMO, if only for the fact that Ryan is a much, much more dangerous player than Burrows generally is.

Discipline is key. This team cannot have another 7/8 penalty outburst, they basically put the nail in their own coffin this way. Get the forecheck going early, keep them pinned in their own zone, and wear them down.
Pretty much. If you're in the box 8 times every game, chances are you won't win many of those games. Stay out of the box + score on the PP + even strength play from Saturday = win.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:05 PM
  #114
MeatTornado
I was born ready
 
MeatTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
here's hoping for a fun game. I'm looking forward to seeing Richards in his new digs, always been a fan of his.

MeatTornado is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
  #115
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
This one is going to be past my bedtime. I'm only watching the first, so hopefully we come out strong for a change.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
  #116
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
“When Rangers defenseman Jeff Woywitka tripped up a forward in practice, John Tortorella made all of his players drop and do 10 push-ups on the ice at Rogers Arena.

“No penalties here,” Tortorella barked.

LOL, whatever it takes to get these fools to stop taking penalties, I'm all for it. This is why I love Torts, he has a no BS attitude.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:33 PM
  #117
RangersDif
Registered User
 
RangersDif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
“When Rangers defenseman Jeff Woywitka tripped up a forward in practice, John Tortorella made all of his players drop and do 10 push-ups on the ice at Rogers Arena.

“No penalties here,” Tortorella barked.

LOL, whatever it takes to get these fools to stop taking penalties, I'm all for it. This is why I love Torts, he has a no BS attitude.
True dat.

RangersDif is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:35 PM
  #118
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Won't be watching this one. Please win.

LGR!

Loffen is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
  #119
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
hopefully this one is half as good as last year's 1-0 spectular win thanks to hank (who else).

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
  #120
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,823
vCash: 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatTornado View Post
here's hoping for a fun game. I'm looking forward to seeing Richards in his new digs, always been a fan of his.
Hopefully we can win 1-0 again.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
  #121
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Is that a real question? EVERY Ranger game is a game worth staying up for.

Being a Ranger fan is like practicing religion.
Ignored outright other than during funerals and a few holidays?

I'm staying up for the first period at least. We'll see how that goes before deciding if the Rangers > bed.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
  #122
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
hopefully this one is half as good as last year's 1-0 spectular win thanks to hank (who else).
i was at that game. the garden was rockin

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
  #123
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,243
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
“When Rangers defenseman Jeff Woywitka tripped up a forward in practice, John Tortorella made all of his players drop and do 10 push-ups on the ice at Rogers Arena.

“No penalties here,” Tortorella barked.

LOL, whatever it takes to get these fools to stop taking penalties, I'm all for it. This is why I love Torts, he has a no BS attitude.
My coaches were like that too Pretty much my whole life I had a coach that would do that to us if penalties started to become a problem. Good times haha

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
  #124
CheeseDogs
Registered User
 
CheeseDogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutier View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

Cheap shot from our friends at nhl.com

I was at that game, havent seen the rangers live since then. Cant wait until saturday in edmonton to see them play again.

We have to win!!!!! I have to many canuck fans as friends.

CheeseDogs is offline  
Old
10-18-2011, 06:24 PM
  #125
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
LGR!!! tho I'm not optimistic

Riche16 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.