HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders and Nashville

Old
10-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Stercrazy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Has that ever happened?
Not sure in Hockey but in other sports yes. NSH value for doing this is getting something back in return. If not then wait until July 1st to make an offer. He's a good player and worth a try to trade for IF he'll sign a new contract.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Boik14

Quote:
Has that ever happened?
It happens all the time in baseball and basketball where trades occur with an exclusive negotiating window for 48 or 72 hours; to the best of my knowledge the CBA doesnt prevent it so it can happen. It would also be the only way Id trade for an impending big ticket FA like Ryan Suter who would likely cost a boatload.

My preference would be to move De Haan over Nino but given their need for F's I think they would require Nino or Strome. I think I would try a package of Comeau and DeHaan + a lesser prospect first though.

Boik14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
I'd throw suitcases of money at Coburn and/or Gleason since Suter will most likely go out of Wang's price range.
What is Wang's price range, he did try to offer Ehrhoff 6mil. Some people really underestimate his money. I mean he has lost a ton with this team already and keeps spending.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
tool123

I rather do Barret Jackman, if available, for something less like Comeau and a pick! But I'm just thinking to get that physical presence in front of the net!

tool123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Why would i trade any thing. I would let him hit the market and see if we can sign him. There is no risk at all this way.
BINGO. unless you believe the isles are contenders for LS's cup this year, no thanks. i'll hold onto my up-and-coming prospects, thanks very much.

a deal like this is more likely to happen 2 years down the line (after we've tasted our first playoffs).

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:49 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurthe1 View Post
What is Wang's price range, he did try to offer Ehrhoff 6mil. Some people really underestimate his money. I mean he has lost a ton with this team already and keeps spending.
Suter will get much, much more than Ehrhoff. I'd say at least 7.5-9 million a year. I don't see Wang giving that up.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercrazy View Post
Not sure in Hockey but in other sports yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boik14 View Post
It happens all the time in baseball and basketball where trades occur with an exclusive negotiating window for 48 or 72 hours
Ok, but this is hockey. It's like saying that Tavares should hit more home runs and three pointers.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123 View Post
I rather do Barret Jackman, if available, for something less like Comeau and a pick! But I'm just thinking to get that physical presence in front of the net!
Wow that name is a blast from the past.. I remember how badly the AOL message board was hoping to add Jackman and instead we got Janne Ninnema.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Stercrazy

Quote:
Ok, but this is hockey. It's like saying that Tavares should hit more home runs and three pointers.
1.) I was just thinking strat to trade for him and not just a rental. My hockey labor knowledge is minimal at best. Other wise I would wait for July 1st.
2.) If Tavares could hit HR's he has a long way to reach Bo Jackson.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Boik14

Quote:
Right, I was bringing up the point that it hasnt really been tested in hockey. The only thing close to testing whether its allowed or not was when we acquired Erhoff before FA this year, realized he wasnt going to sign here and flipped him to Buffalo.

Like I said to my knowledge its not against the CBA and I cant imagine why it would be since it could potentially hurt a franchise acquiring said player more then hurting said player. The owners negotiating the CBA could have their franchise affected more. Just think how Wang (and certainly us as fans) would feel if we acquired say Ryan Suter without an exclusive negotiating window giving up a good package only to have Suter turn around and say Im not resigning here but ill reluctantly play out this year. Losing someone like El Nino in that package would set back our rebuild significantly.

Boik14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Wow that name is a blast from the past.. I remember how badly the AOL message board was hoping to add Jackman and instead we got Janne Ninnema.
Bahaha I remeber that board. Brendan Witt was also mentioned a lot. I still remember the Palffy return rumors to get Yash a sniper.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boik14 View Post
Right, I was bringing up the point that it hasnt really been tested in hockey. The only thing close to testing whether its allowed or not was when we acquired Erhoff before FA this year, realized he wasnt going to sign here and flipped him to Buffalo.
Lots of players have been traded like Erhoff was. It's a risk that either works out (Bouwmeester to Cal) or doesn't (Nabokov to Phi). But, as far as I know, no team has been given negotiating permission or conditions of contract before the trade. It just doesn't happen in hockey.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote