HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs defeated by the Sabres 3-1

Old
10-18-2011, 09:24 PM

vCash: 500
Habs had not puck luck tonight, none...I knew after the 1st period Habs were going to lose. When you dominate a team so thoroughly after 20 mins and you're tied 0-0. It's always a bad omen...

Sabres were thoroughly outplayed all game and didn't deserve the win IMO...Miller's just a beast. Score could of easily been 5-1.

I don't have much negative things to say about any Hab tonight, Cole unlike many I thought he played pretty well but he can def play better.

There's alot of positive from the last two games the Habs can take away...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Habs13

I feel all smug now! I hated the Gomez trade from the start and with each passing game, more and more people are starting to hate on him. This team will never go anywhere with players like Gomez on it.

Oh but but but the NJ Devils. Shut up. Gomez wasn't a key player on those teams anyway... so yeah... whatever... 1-4-1!!! 3 massive points!!!! PP was 20th before tonights game, I wonder where it is now?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Vinc360

We need something huge to happen... fire the coach or something. I don't even care if it's his fault or not. Make something interesting and controversial happen !

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:26 PM
habsrule22

need to work on the PP more.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Brass

People Putting Blame on Price Clearly doesnt know their hockey.

Miller Won the game himself. End of the line , no finish whatsoever from the habs how many games have we won like that..

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
They dominated the opposing teams over both of the last two games. Play like that at you'll win more than you lose but hockey isn't a game were the best team always wins.

Look at the process instead of the results, that's where the truth lies.

Unless your like the many fans who just like to complain.
When do the results start to follow?

We are already 5 points back of the division lead.

We are ****ed

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Williams

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn2012 View Post
Did you watch the game? Price made 1 good save. 1.

They lost. They can't score. They have no PP. A shaky goalie. They are 1-3-1 and don't look like a playoff team.

A win in your book? What a strange book...
I saw them score 2 goals on him. Shaky? People like you disgust me.

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habsrule22

Boston lost and looked bad doing it. Ottawa lost too

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
If they are going to lose the game - at least drop the gloves, rough up the sabres, run miller - this is just plain awful to watch. Habs played gutless - they need to play tough as they don't have the skill they need.
You forgot to mention how you didn't even watch the game apparently.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Beakermania*

I don't get the Gomez hate.

He's actually played three very good games in a row. Unlucky that the points aren't going in, but his game is actually much improved.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:29 PM
not quite yoda

Cole wants to do well, he is just squeezing the stick too tight. il veut trop bien faire instead of just letting it happen.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Gomez needs to go!
No he doesn't. Geez, our 1st centerman to be called from Hamilton is already here and it's Engqvist who clearly doesn't belong. One of his strenghts are supposed to be his faceoffs and keeps being dominated lately.

Gomez needs to be a bottom 6 players. Playing against lesser competition should help him. He was not a great hockey player when we got him, wasn't good last year and still not good this year. And clearly not top 6 material on a supposed top team in the league.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Cole would really help if he was playing. Oh wait... what? He played? No pressure Mr Cole, take your time...

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Andy

How are there even complaints in this thread.

What's with the same two posters that keep posting 1-3-1 in all their posts? Are you happy that they are losing?

this fan base makes zero sense. The only fan base I know that wants their team to lose to backup individual/personal opinion.

Also why does every game just turn into a Gomez bash? The guy did absolutley nothing wrong. If there is any player you should be pissed at it's Gorges for icing the puck.

Typical Montreal fans. Lose a game let's blame for whatever reason in order..

1. Gomez
2. Martin
3. Gauthier

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
They dominated the opposing teams over both of the last two games. Play like that at you'll win more than you lose but hockey isn't a game were the best team always wins.

great post...like i said earlier, I've seen alot of positives from the habs the last 2 games.

eventually, the bounces are going to go the habs way...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Habs were the better team tonight, by far.

I'm not panicking because if they continue to play this way we will win far more games than we lose.

2 big sequences cost us tonight... but for the vast majority of the game the Habs were better

1) Price gave a bad rebound, and then Gionta didn't pick up his man. 1-1 goal Leopold.

2) Gorges horrible icing.... AKost loses Vanek... 2-1 Sabres.

Also blaming Price for the loss when the team gave up two goals and only scored 1? B/S.

Price didn't lose this game, Miller stole the game for Buffalo. Credit where its due, Miller is a damn good goalie.
I agree the team played well. What happened to the Habs tonight is what happened to Washington against Montreal in the 09-10 playoffs. Quantity and Quality chances generated by one team with the other relying on remarkable goaltending and being lucky enough to convert their few chances. If the team can play like this going forward it's going to be a great season*.

I disagree with your point about Gionta not picking up his man though (I might be wrong). At the end of the shift when Buffalo broke with the puck Kostitsyn & Desharnais were very slow (some would say lazy) coming off the ice for the line change. That put Gionta and Gomez on the back foot and neither of them were able to get completely back defensively.

*assuming they don't suffer from awful puck luck like New Jersey did last season.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Help
Send help

vCash: 50
It's not fair, we completely outplayed them... IT'S NOT FAIR

0-3-1 when outshooting the opponent. Scary trend

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No he doesn't. Geez, our 1st centerman to be called from Hamilton is already here and it's Engqvist who clearly doesn't belong. One of his strenghts are supposed to be his faceoffs and keeps being dominated lately.

Gomez needs to be a bottom 6 players. Playing against lesser competition should help him. He was not a great hockey player when we got him, wasn't good last year and still not good this year. And clearly not top 6 material on a supposed top team in the league.
agreed. gomez has been playing awful and better not crack the top 6 anymore, Defintley impressed with a lot of our game, ryan miller is a great goalie thats no surprise, and we make a couple mistakes and goodnight. Price is to blame for first goal, 2nd goal, mix of bad icing and defensive coverage in our zone, can't blame price for the 2nd goal.

idk it was just one of those ****** nights, don't feel like looking through twitter, but someone said the next couple weeks are going to be the toughest for the habs and they will really need to battle together to get through it until we are healthier

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

We've also done it without our best goal scorer and playing without our best defenseman and 2 other veteran D, sucks we couldn't get a win the last 2 games but there were many positives the last two games.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesHabsRock

This game was very frustrating to watch. It's only a few games in and this team is dominating most of the games, if not every game so far and has come up on the short end. They'll work out the kinks. There's not much wrong they did tonight. The Sabres were awful and made tons of mistakes. We make one or two and it's in the net. The tide will turn soon with this kind of effort. I'm confident in that. We're shooting a lot more this year and have established a better forecheck and territorial advantage in about every game this year.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

What's with the same two posters that keep posting 1-3-1 in all their posts? Are you happy that they are losing?

this fan base makes zero sense. The only fan base I know that wants their team to lose to backup individual/personal opinion.

Also why does every game just turn into a Gomez bash? The guy did absolutley nothing wrong. If there is any player you should be pissed at it's Gorges for icing the puck.

1. Gomez
2. Martin
3. Gauthier
It is going to be too late.
We have won ONE of our first FIVE games.

Our pre-season record was 2W and 7L. At what point can we wait for results?

Clearly this team is not that good. We are going to be 1-6 by the end of the week, and essentially eliminated from the playoffs after 7 games.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Bazattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
I have ****ing had it with Gomez. It still baffles me the guy earning 7+ million. He's absolutely useless and he seemed to lose a step from a last year. He's so predictable and his wrist shot is among the NHL's worst.

Gorges played a pretty bad game.

Subban is still invisible out there.

Pacioretty is all heart and is the best player since the beginning of the season.

Diaz is awesome and his confidence is way up. I can't wait 'til Gill's gone.

Emelin is the second best defenseman behind Diaz. Plays physical, passes well. Just needs some PP time, but that JM guy would rather put Plekanec or Kostitsyn at the point.

Cole's been a disappointment so far.

Price is playing scared. I don't know what's the matter with him. His rebound control is **** leakage.
Good seriously calm down i Found subban played pretty good tonight. He didn't try too many low percentage plays or anything and Made some realy good first passes.

As for Cole I agree I'd like him to put some points on the board but honestly he's been pretty physical and helps this team Keep the puck in the offensive zone. Eventually though he has to do more than that but lets give him a couple more games...

As for price, even if he hasn't looked incredible till now we now what he's capable of lets not loose our cool.

Bazattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

1. Gomez
2. Martin
3. Gauthier
Ego's, that's all these people care about. Having their doomed predictions come true. I can't believe I have to resort to using the ignore feature now, but there's just an absolute mountain of crap posted in every single thread nowadays and it's always the same. No matter what the thread is originally about it turns into the same thing.

Last edited by Mike8: 10-18-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Eller is gonna a sick player for years to come. He's so good it's almost scary.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Oleg Petrov

I agree
#yakupov

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote