HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Markkanen and...Tugnutt Perhaps

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordoe28
but to me, a guy who can post great starting numbers, and break records on Ottawa, Pittsburgh and Columbus as a starter, means that maybe Dallas just wasn't a good fit for him.
Hey, Ken Dryden is available also. He won all kinds of awards and put up great numbers also.

Old
10-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Human Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Tugnutt is garbage as an NHL goaltender and he's not much to write home about as a human being either!!!
I can't believe no one has responded to this. Tugnutt was never a dominant starter, but he certainly was a decent backup/journeyman. Do you remember his game as a nordique when he stopped 60+ shots? During the years we had him in ottawa he kept the team in a lot of games and most were upset to see him go to Pittsburgh (where he was awesome during their drive).

As for him being a terrible human being...I can't believe you would say that. He was a role model within the community and a generally likeable guy.

Hopefully you're joking.

Old
10-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Jordoe28

I was going to respond to that, but I really couldn't of said it any better than you did.
I remember that Nordiques game where he had 73 shots in a 3-3 tie against Boston. I also remember in 2000, when he played the longest game in Modern NHL History facing 76 shots in a 5 period OT loss to Philadelphia 2-1. I remember when he broke the NHL record for lowest GAA (1.79) and I remember when he had broke an NHL record for most wins on an expansion team.

Tugnutt definately wasn't a garbage goaltender, and he was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He always accepted his role on the team, and has made virtually no enemies.

I'll admit he may be out of his prime, but that's why I'm not suggesting him being a starter for Edmonton, just an insurance mark while Conklin develops in the minors. A very inexpensive insurance marker, I might add.

Old
10-29-2005, 10:15 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone

As for him being a terrible human being...I can't believe you would say that. He was a role model within the community and a generally likeable guy.

Hopefully you're joking.
I've got to believe he was joking.

Tugnutt was one of the nicest players to pass through Columbus. First-rate individual.

Closed Thread