HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#5|Oct 18, 2011|Flyers at Senators|7:30 p.m. ET

Old
10-19-2011, 07:56 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Turned off the game right after the final horn sounded but heard on WIP sports radio that Bob was "visibly upset" during the post-game teammate congrats line.

Did he shun the other players' "atta boys" or did he do something as he walked off the ice into the locker room?

Does anyone have a video clip of this?

He just skated straight for the tunnel. Let guys tap him as he left but didnt stop for anyone or look too pleased. He probably had that 2nd goal on his mind still.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:07 AM
BernieParent

I don't think we'll see a more dominant period by this team than the first period last night. When you have more goals than the opposition has shots, you've had a great period. Those goals by Read and Zolnierczyk were things of beauty, and Bob had himself a great game when the Flyers went into coast mode.

I won't put too much into the apparent angry departure of Bob from the ice. Like ORYX said, the second goal with a handful of seconds left in the game probably rankled him. Or maybe, like all of us, he was still irate at Rinaldo for daring to fight Konopka at the end of the first period: "Crap, he's giving the Senators momentum!"

One thing that caught my attention was that Danny Brière was interviewed between the second and third period. He was asked the inevitable question about the departures of Richards and Carter, and answered that he believed the team became a little tougher, but that they lost some in goal-scoring. I don't want to dissect every nuance of his interview – probably the 10000th time he's had to comment on the off-season – but it struck me as a strange aspect to focus on.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:30 AM
PuckBoy33

What about Bob? Perhaps . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
He just skated straight for the tunnel. Let guys tap him as he left but didnt stop for anyone or look too pleased. He probably had that 2nd goal on his mind still.
Or maybe nature called (I remember a few years back when Esche wildly skated off the ice after a stoppage of play and darted right to the locker room. Coatsey made a comment suggesting it was a "pit stop" and that he has to remove "alot of equipment" to do so.)

PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Turned off the game right after the final horn sounded but heard on WIP sports radio that Bob was "visibly upset" during the post-game teammate congrats line.

Did he shun the other players' "atta boys" or did he do something as he walked off the ice into the locker room?

Does anyone have a video clip of this?
It's at the end of this clip...

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...556&feedID=695

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Unstable

Better teams are in the offing....let's hope they build on this!

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
PointL00kout

Could not watch the game as Centre Ice blocked it, but I'm happy with the results and of what I've heard of how we played.

PointL00kout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I don't blame Bob for getting upset. He knows the starting job isn't his and he's trying to stick it to the team by saying "look what you are missing out on!" He probably wants to go out there and pitch shutouts every game just to prove that he was a good option for this season.

10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I don't blame Bob for getting upset. He knows the starting job isn't his and he's trying to stick it to the team by saying "look what you are missing out on!" He probably wants to go out there and pitch shutouts every game just to prove that he was a good option for this season.
Somebody said he was happy in the locker room and joking around.. I think Dave Issac or Sam Chareldi or whatever. I think it was just a 7-2 win and he wasnt overly joyed with the win cuz it came pretty easy to him. Not that he wasn't happy they won the game or anything, but it wasnt a tough game by any means for him to win, but he was happy in the locker room

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

He gave up a goal shortly before the game ended, maybe he was still sore about that

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:57 AM
PuckBoy33

Hell hath no fury . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post

Like a Russian once-starter goaltender scorned.

PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Despite the high score, I do find myself worried about the 30 minutes off crap play in the middle of the game. They can't do that against better teams. It was a major problem in years past and it wasn't fun to see it tonight.
We have an extremely busy schedule and were 4-0 up after one. We took our foot off the gas, nothing more to read into it.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Jesus I hate being this guy but did we all watch the same game?

I thought Bob looked very ordinary last night. Aside from that breakaway save, I'm hard pressed to think of any other time he excelled.

In fact, I thought all the weaknesses to his game that were exploited late in the year and the playoffs were on full display last night. Bob does not track the puck well and his rebound control is horrible.

The Sens are God awful, I don't consider last night's win a success of any kind for Bob. I really do hope he had to take a **** at the end of the game because if he was sending a message or anything of that ilk, start packing your bags Sputnik, you're making 750,000 more than any goalie should who plays 20 games per season.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Jesus I hate being this guy but did we all watch the same game?

I thought Bob looked very ordinary last night. Aside from that breakaway save, I'm hard pressed to think of any other time he excelled.

In fact, I thought all the weaknesses to his game that were exploited late in the year and the playoffs were on full display last night. Bob does not track the puck well and his rebound control is horrible.

The Sens are God awful, I don't consider last night's win a success of any kind for Bob. I really do hope he had to take a **** at the end of the game because if he was sending a message or anything of that ilk, start packing your bags Sputnik, you're making 750,000 more than any goalie should who plays 20 games per season.
I don't think Bob looked incredible last night, but i would hardly say his weaknesses were on full display. He had to make a few nifty saves through out the game. Granted, i missed the 2nd period.

I thought it was weird that he skated off like he was pissed as well, wondering if any information regarding that will surface.

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I don't think Bob looked incredible last night, but i would hardly say his weaknesses were on full display. He had to make a few nifty saves through out the game. Granted, i missed the 2nd period.

I thought it was weird that he skated off like he was pissed as well, wondering if any information regarding that will surface.
He was upset with himself for giving up the last goal.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
We have an extremely busy schedule and were 4-0 up after one. We took our foot off the gas, nothing more to read into it.
This kind of thing has been said before.

10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This kind of thing has been said before.
Difference between this game and last couple years the game would have ended 4-3 but we picked it back up and won 7-2.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Difference between this game and last couple years the game would have ended 4-3 but we picked it back up and won 7-2.
Last year people would have been calling for heads. This year people seem to be cool with it. However, I'm not. I see a problem that existed in years past that still hasn't been resolved with all this turnover. They need to be more consistent; Ottawa is a bad team, and the Flyers shouldn't have struggled for an entire period and a half. If they had started Anderson from the beginning this game could have gone differently, and that's a bit alarming to me.

It likely has to do with the fact that lots of players are still learning how to play with each other, and hopefully it resolves itself as they get more experience with each other.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post

i am searching Russian sites for the answer, so far I found his Monday interview, that I will translate and post tonight.

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:57 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
i am searching Russian sites for the answer, so far I found his Monday interview, that I will translate and post tonight.
MSE has (always) the answer. A few posts up.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
It should have happened somewhere around Craig Hartsburg's firing.

Matt Carle is the only Flyer who had a positive Corsi. Couturier and Hartnell were both even.

And the fact that Matt Carle is the only Flyer w/ a positive Corsi shows the weakness of the Corsi system.

Matt Carle was OK last night, but he had that one horrible play where he just got physically abused and it led to a nice chance for the Sens. If we were facing a more competent team, it would've resulted in a surefire goal.

Matt Carle is terribly inconsistent... he'll play well for most of the game, but almost every single game he has a few "WTF" moments that are just terrible and totally inexcusable. To say that he's had a great start to this season or anything like it would be a blatant lie.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Carle isn't going to compete for a Norris, but he's been better so far this year than he was last year.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
PhillyFlying

haha i don't know if anybody noticed it but this one senators fan was super stoked that talbot got his first as a flyer around 1:20

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Twitter remarks regarding Bobrovsky:

Tim P.:
Quote:
Bobrovsky said he rushed off ice last night angry at himself for giving up a goal in final minute of game
Sam @ the Inq.:
Quote:
Bob said he was frustrated with himself for allowing a late goal, which is why he stormed off ice Tues. Call him a perfectionist.
Philly Sports Daily (later amended to include with "himself"):
Quote:
Bob confirms his quick exit was because he was upset about the last goal.

Old
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I know he was angry at himself, but I don't think he could of done much about that goal anyways.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Senators only opened the locker room to the press about 20 minutes ago. Bryan Murray was part of a closed door meeting. A long one.
Bryan Murray:

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote