HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keith Ballard being shopped

Old
10-19-2011, 10:54 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Ballard is better than he is being portrayed. HF mentality = "you're only as good as your last game"... taken to the extreme. Players aren't allowed to have bad season's here. If the Devils miss the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, their done winning for the next decade. If Ovechkin only has 85 points, he's past his prime and will never dominate again. If Gaborik only scores 48 points he was a horrible signing and it's back to "Fire Sather!". Ballard had a bad season and he's a bit overpaid.

He will, in all likelihood, bounce back for the most part this year and while I still don't think he'll be worth a 4.2M cap hit (though if anyone would prefer Rozsival at 5M over him... ) he's a guy who probably would get 3.5M on the market pretty easily. The four years hurts his value more than the cap hit (and I realize most of you are only saying you'd rather have Rozy back because his contract is expiring), because the risk that he doesn't bounce back becomes more dangerous for each additional year he's under contract.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:45 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would be totally fine with new mantra of "crap for picks".

Wolski and Christensen out. No one in.
Would gladly take a 3rd and 4th respectively. Combine extra 3rds for a 2nd etc....

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Ballard is better than he is being portrayed. HF mentality = "you're only as good as your last game"... taken to the extreme. Players aren't allowed to have bad season's here. If the Devils miss the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, their done winning for the next decade. If Ovechkin only has 85 points, he's past his prime and will never dominate again. If Gaborik only scores 48 points he was a horrible signing and it's back to "Fire Sather!". Ballard had a bad season and he's a bit overpaid.

He will, in all likelihood, bounce back for the most part this year and while I still don't think he'll be worth a 4.2M cap hit (though if anyone would prefer Rozsival at 5M over him... ) he's a guy who probably would get 3.5M on the market pretty easily. The four years hurts his value more than the cap hit (and I realize most of you are only saying you'd rather have Rozy back because his contract is expiring), because the risk that he doesn't bounce back becomes more dangerous for each additional year he's under contract.
Good post.
I'll tell ya, when he was paired with Boynton in FL, he was one of my favorite D-men in the whole league. He showed great form, smart Leetch like player(if leetch threw brutal hip checks).
Boynton shouldn't be hard to pick up for the sake of chemistry.

If anyone would prefer Bumzsival I'd ****. I jumped 5 feet in the air when we finally got rid of him. >>I notice there aren't nearly as many shorthanded goals lately.<<

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote