HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers recalled Brayden Schenn; Zac Rinaldo and Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL

Old
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Hartnell is being moved or Couturier is centering the fourth.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Well, glad that Z at least got his first career goal out of his callup. Hopefully he grows on that and pushes himself to develop faster in the minors.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
JvR-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Briere-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Read
Talbot-Couturier-Nodl
Shelley
This is what I would do. Shelley will have to play until Nodl is healthy.

It keeps Talbot and Couturier together, and since they do PK work, it means less breaking up of the lines.

With Nodl in this lineup, the 3 and 4 lines are equally good, and could get similar playing time.

I'm not certain how long Hartnell will accept being 3LW, it might mean he'd agree to waive for a trade.

Toronto is apparently looking for another forward. How about Hartnell for Franson or Aulie and one of Scrivens/Rynnas? We can put Backlund in the deal, and maybe another prospect like Marshall who is never going to crack our lineup? It would give us a better recallable AHL goalie.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
mirimon

Simmonds - Giroux - Jagr
JvR - Schenn - Hartnell
Read - Brière - Voracek
Talbot - Couturier - Nödl

how about this? I think we're kind of wasting JvR at the moment, because Jagr and Giroux are looking for each other a bit too much for him to get involved as well. Simmonds style fits better with "just" being a crease crasher. Maybe it's a little too many changes to a lineup that's working out pretty well as it is though...

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Simmonds - Giroux - Jagr
JvR - Schenn - Hartnell
Read - Brière - Voracek

how about this? I think we're kind of wasting JvR at the moment, because Jagr and Giroux are looking for each other a bit too much for him to get involved as well. Simmonds style fits better with "just" being a crease crasher. Maybe it's a little too many changes to a lineup that's working out pretty well as it is though...
I think switching Simmonds and JVR might make sense, but I would leave Briere and Voracek together. They haven't figured it out yet, but I think they will.

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Briere-Voracek

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Sucks for Harry Z but you can't really expect them to keep him up over Schenn. Sadly, I will miss the beginning of this game because of the 7:00 start. Hopefully I am back in time to see Schenn score his first goal in the Orange and Black (NHL too).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Happy Schenn is called up, and glad I havent seen retarded "Move Read to the 4th line" bs, especially now that he is 2nd on our team in points.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Jtown

Couts going to the 4th line may pay greater dividends for this team. It will allow him to play less minutes which wont exhaust him as the 70-80 game mark approaches, and it will allow him to be fresher as a PKer. Though he is scoring , and clearly has a knack for putting up points that isnt his role right now. His role is to be our best Defensive forward and top pk unit forward.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
This is what I would do. Shelley will have to play until Nodl is healthy.

It keeps Talbot and Couturier together, and since they do PK work, it means less breaking up of the lines.

With Nodl in this lineup, the 3 and 4 lines are equally good, and could get similar playing time.

I'm not certain how long Hartnell will accept being 3LW, it might mean he'd agree to waive for a trade.

Toronto is apparently looking for another forward. How about Hartnell for Franson or Aulie and one of Scrivens/Rynnas? We can put Backlund in the deal, and maybe another prospect like Marshall who is never going to crack our lineup? It would give us a better recallable AHL goalie.
The problem with this, I think, is that it might keep Couturier from developing the offensive side of his game.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Rick Deckard

That's what I expect, with Walker being the 6th Defender taking on the heavyweights.

vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Jagr
Voracek - Briere - Simmonds
Hartnell - Schenn - Read
Shelley

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JvR-Schenn-Read
Hartnell-Briere-Couts
Nodl-Talbot-Voracek
Shelley

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM
BillDineen

This is a tough one. Team playing well, Hartnell-Couturier-Read finding chemistry quicker than Voracek-Briere-Simmonds and the need for someone to be on the fourth line. Further JVR is not going near like he was during the playoffs.

Random Combo:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Briere-Schenn
Simmonds-Couturier-Read
Hartnell-Talbot-Nodl

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I see it as three choices

1) Hartnell gets moved down to the 4th line (or traded), making a rookie line in Read-Schenn-Couturier

2) Couturier gets moved down and is the 4th line center, making a 3rd line of Read-Schenn-Hartnell

3) Schenn starts the season as a 4th line center, keeping the 3rd line intact, but creating a 4th line of Talbot-Schenn-Nodl

It is tricky to see what they do. They have alot of options. I dont know how I'd feel about splitting Couturier and Read. They have some good chemistry going. Hartnell looks odd on that line. I think I would try the Read-Schenn-Couturier line.

I dont see them moving all the lines around, at all.

JVR-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Briere-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Couturier
Hartnell-Talbot-Nodl

EDIT:

Quote:
Interesting line combo here at practice - Couturier centering Talbot and Nodl. Does that hint where Schenn will be slotted?
Ant San

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
I still don't want to see Couturier on the 4th line, but there isnt much other option, unless you go with:

Couturier-Schenn-Read
Hartnell-Talbot-Nodl

I'm very excited to see Schenn up, but I have no idea what'll happen with the lineup

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
After all this shuffling that may or may not happen I would just somehow like to see Voracek off of Brieres line.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I see it as three choices

1) Hartnell gets moved down to the 4th line (or traded), making a rookie line in Read-Schenn-Couturier

2) Couturier gets moved down and is the 4th line center, making a 3rd line of Read-Schenn-Hartnell

3) Schenn starts the season as a 4th line center, keeping the 3rd line intact, but creating a 4th line of Talbot-Schenn-Nodl

It is tricky to see what they do. They have alot of options. I dont know how I'd feel about splitting Couturier and Read. They have some good chemistry going. Hartnell looks odd on that line. I think I would try the Read-Schenn-Couturier line.

I dont see them moving all the lines around, at all.

JVR-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Briere-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Couturier
Hartnell-Talbot-Nodl

EDIT:

Ant San
Other point to consider is that Couturier is 34.6% in FO despite the line having the best +/1.(Talbot is only 38.2%), so moving Schenn to center vs wing might be more likely. All rookie line would be fun to watch.

Old
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
That's what I expect, with Walker being the 6th Defender taking on the heavyweights.

vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Jagr
Voracek - Briere - Simmonds
Hartnell - Schenn - Read
Shelley

I like this. I would however make one small change. Move Hartnell to the 2nd with Briere, at least for a game or two. These two need a boost, especially Hartnell. Let them play together, hopefully rekindle some chemistry and gain some confidence. Simmonds and Hartnell are very similar that you could and should be able to switch them without transfering any grit off a line or putting it where you dont necessarily need it.

I would roll the 3rd/4th with similar frequency, and depending the number of PK and PP opportunities, they should all get decent ice time.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Dave

Anxious to see Schenn play. I assume he'll be playing against the Caps?

Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Doyle

Schenn Recalled; Rinaldo, Zolnierczyk Sent to ADR

http://nhlhotstove.com/schenn-recall...k-sent-to-adr/

Quote:
As speculated this morning, there was movement among the club’s overcrowded forward ranks.

Rookie wingers Zac Rinaldo and Harry Zolnierczyk were both assigned to Adirondack of the AHL, while Brayden Schenn was recalled from the Phantoms.

Schenn should make his regular season debut tomorrow against the Capitals.

Rinaldo’s demotion comes as not too much of a surprise with the return of Jody Shelley from his five-game suspension. Due to a tremendous amount of special teams play, Rinaldo saw limited ice time in the five contests this season. But there is no question he made an impact in that brief time frame.

Zolnierczyk was recalled yesterday to fill in for Andreas Nodl, who was scratched with an undisclosed injury. “Harry Z.” made a nice impression on the Flyers brass, scoring a highlight reel goal with a beautiful backhander over a sprawled Craig Anderson in the game’s final minute of a 7-2 victory in Ottawa.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-19-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Its too early to trade Hartnell just now. Plus, having a 3rd line of all rookies isn't a great idea

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
mirimon

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JvR-Brière-Voracek
Hartnell-Couturier-Talbot
Read-Schenn-Nödl

this keeps the special teams units together, unless they change those up further than replacing Nödl with Schenn on the 2nd pk (yes, yes... Read's on the pp at times as well, but I can't have a four forwards line). Makes it a kind of 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b lineup, so there's no need to be freaking out about Schenn and Read being on the fourth line.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I'm happy to see Schenn finally, pretty disappointed Rinaldo has been sent down. For the role he's been brought up to fill he's been doing a damn good job at it. Much better than Carcy and Shelley has done in the past.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
BillDineen

1- Reward Read:

Read-Giroux-Jagr

2- Reunite Briere-Hartnell:

JVR-Briere-Hartnell

3- The trades line:

Voracek-Schenn-Simmonds

4- PK/4th line special (as in practice today):

Talbot-Couturier-Nodl

Old
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Its too early to trade Hartnell just now. Plus, having a 3rd line of all rookies isn't a great idea
I would have disagreed going into the Sens game, but now going into their first huge rivalry game, I don't think they know what they're in for...

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:56 PM
tuckrr

Schenn - Giroux - Jagr (Jagr + G is a given, but i really think schenn will thrive near G)
Hartnell - Briere - Voracek (Scotty/Danny look lost without eachother, voracek = leino 2.0)
Simmonds - Couturier - JvR (...that simmonds is the "smallest" on this line is insane)
Nodl - Talbot - Read (give read PP time)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote