HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kyle Turris

Old
10-19-2011, 03:07 PM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcatcs12 View Post
Don Maloney or not I don't think they're going to give up a prospect that they had hoped to be a star on their team for our spare parts. It would at least cost us a few good prospects and a 1st round pick.
Filatov was traded for a 3rd round pick.

Turris has proven nothing and his value is at an all time low. Maloney is in no position to demand much for Turris.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
MDZ....a defenseman....has more points than Turris in the same amount of games played. How does he help us?
You're really gonna go by the stat sheet on a 22 year old kid that was projected to be a great talent?

Calad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
and it really doesn't matter anyway because it's pretty obvious Maloney isn't trading him or it would have happened by now.
Why? The Bengals said the same thing about Palmer.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Slick Rick 61

Both parties are at fault here. It seems pretty clear Phoenix's development of him hasn't been ideal. He doesn't have the kind of game Tippett needs out of his bottom six, and adding Langkow definitely was going to force him there before the hold out.

Why would Maloney trade him for less than his value, unless he's going to get someone that helps his team now? His value and potential is worth more to Phoenix than the return they'd get.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

point #1... its bleacher report. those articles are all opinion, which is fine and good, but they arent a good place to go for trade rumors.

point #2... its bleacher report. i have a hard time taking a "reporter" seriously when his articles have the spelling/grammar mistakes of a 5th grader.

point #3... while phoenix has been a steady trading partner for us, are they a GOOD one? how many players have we recieved from phoenix who actually worked out for us or hasnt become a whipping boy? even though i liked Morris, he was a rental. didnt Mara come to us from PHX? he was actually pretty solid when he was here, in my opinion. Wolski... yeahhhhhh....... about that....

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
The difference is the Raiders laughably overpaid for a proven commodity. No one is going to come close to overpaying that drastically for Kyle Turris.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
He's in the high 80's overall in NHL 12 after 4 years, so YES!
Do it, Sather!

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
hagsfan924

how about valentenko or kundratek and either a lower level forward prospect or like a late round pick (5-7)?

hagsfan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Right I forgot everything exists in a vacuum.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Filatov was traded for a 3rd round pick.

Turris has proven nothing and his value is at an all time low. Maloney is in no position to demand much for Turris.
Thank you....and no, don't need or want him. Next proposal please.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The asking price for Turris would be a) Stepan, b) Anisimov or c) Kreider.

Still interested?
I should have pointed out these were not names I picked out of a hat.

The Coyotes have Turris between a rock and a hard place. It's the same place Anisimov was last summer. Take this (fair) contract or sit out. You have no rights. If Turris doesn't report by December 1, he doesn't play in the NHL this year. And worse yet, it doesn't knock a year off his status meaning he would be right back in the same place next summer.

If there is a trade (and I know that's not the Coyotes first option) the return to Phoenix will be very steep. Turris showed some signs of life last year. They were expecting him to challenge for the first line center position this year.

Last edited by bobbop: 10-19-2011 at 04:40 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
You're really gonna go by the stat sheet on a 22 year old kid that was projected to be a great talent?
projected to be great? you mean he was a top 3 pick in a HORRIBLE draft year? the guy dominated in the BCHL and was considered a risky pick because of who he played against. he hasnt done JACK since then. underwhelming AHL numbers, underwhelming NHL numbers, and holding out for more money.

no thank you.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I should have pointed out these were not names I picked out of a hat.

The Coyotes have Turris between a rock and a hard place. It's the same place Anisimov was last summer. Take this (fair) contract or sit out. You have no rights. If Turris doesn't report by December 1, he doesn't play in the NHL this year. And worse yet, it doesn't knock a year off his status meaning he would be right back in the same place next summer.

If there is a trade (and I know that's not the Coyotes first option) the return to Phoenix will be very steep. Turris showed some signs of life last year. They were expecting him to challange for the first line center position this year.
youre crazy if you think thats what a potential return for him would be. AA and Stepan have both outperformed him by a considerable margin.

Turris(22 years old) NHL numbers: 46pts in 131 games (.35PPG)
AA (23 years old): 74 in 169 games (.44PPG)
Stepan (21 years old): 45 in 86 (.52PPG)

right now the only players id be looking to move for turris would be Wade Redden and Wojtek Wolski.

Old
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Do the Rangers really need this guy?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
youre crazy if you think thats what a potential return for him would be. AA and Stepan have both outperformed him by a considerable margin.

right now the only players id be looking to move for turris would be Wade Redden and Wojtek Wolski.
by the way. how good to Step's numbers look after 1 season? really hope he continues at this pace or better this year

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
i really dont think so.

I mean, looking forward, you have to figure the following guys arent going anywhere.

Stepan
Dubi
AA
Cally
Gabby
Richards
Prust
Boyle

You have to figure one of Hagelin or Bourque, if not both, will have 4th line jobs by the end of this season. I dont think Rupp is going anywhere either because he serves a purpose, he can bang, hes a solid player, and he can take on heavyweights.

So youre looking at...

1A: Stepan - Richards - Gabby
1B: Dubi - AA - Cally
3: ???????? - Boyle - Prust
4: Rupp ????????????? - Bourque/Hagelin

going forward.

You have to assume Chris Kreider will make this team. I know thats a helluva assumption to make, but frankly ive felt he's been NHL ready for 2 years now. He seems to play better against better competition.

So possibly something like this going forward.

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Pack
Boyle - Stepan - Prust
Hagelin/Bourque - ????????? - Rupp

do you want to give up assets to acquire a 4C? i dont. And honestly JT Miller looked like he could play there RIGHT NOW.

Ideally I would love to see this next year.

Clear #1: Parise - Richards - Gaborik
1B Dubinsky - AA - Callahan
3A: Kreider - Stepan - Hagelin/Bourque
3B: Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Old
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
by the way. how good to Step's numbers look after 1 season? really hope he continues at this pace or better this year
if stepan plays with Gabby and Richards most of this season, he should easily top those numbers.

Old
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I'd move Zuccarello for him. MZA at a 1.75 cap hit though really only has a 900k salary. That's digestible by Phoenix where the Rangers could sign Turris for something around MZA's salary, maybe less, 2yr at 1.5 for a total of 3m contract and remain cap neutral.

Turris would be an upgrade over Newbury on the 4th line and could be moved around the lineup if necessary or if he played well.

For Phoenix MZA may find chemistry with players like Boedker or Korpikowski and provide a solid return. Right now he's capable of playing in the NHL, he's just not because he should be playing more than just 8minutes a game and the Rangers top6 are pretty filled up.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
If Turris can reach his potential, he's a first line forward that can probably pot 30-35 goals and 70-80 points. Most organizations could use a kid with that kind of upside.

However, I don't see a spot for him in the lineup as it stands now, and Tortorella isn't going to hand him ice time, so I doubt it would work out.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:01 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:

That's what the Coyotes view of a potential return would be, not mine. I've heard a few other names (from other teams) you might not agree with either. The Coyotes value Turris as a good player coming off an entry contract who needs to earn his way to bigger money. It's the exact same philosophy the Rangers are managed under. They are not giving him away for table scraps and they have been getting calls, some with fairly serious offers.

Turris doesn't fit for the Rangers. He fits other situations much better.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
NYR Viper

I would move some redundant parts for Turris. MZA, Bourque, Hagelin, Kundratek, Velentenko, Yogan, etc.

But that most likely does not get it done. He is going to be good for at least 60 points in his prime with solid all-around play.

If PHX would take something like:

MZA + MDZ for Turris I would be okay with that.

Note: This has nothing to do with me not liking MDZ, just the fact that you have to give to get.

However PHX is pretty set on D with Gormley, Yandle, Ekman Larsson, Summers, Murphy and Goncharov all around for the foreseeable future but who knows....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Lol... You're really gonna put more stock in what he was projected to be than what his stats are?

Hugh jessiman was projected to be a great talent, at least by our scouts at the time. Don't look at his stats though

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Absolutely want no part of Turris.

Sather's history of reclamation projects have all failed to live up to expectations. I don't really want another Wolski on the team, and wouldn't want to give up the players it would probably take to get Turris.

With our recent history with these types of players I just automatically assume that it won't work out.

On top of that there really isn't a spot presently in the lineup for him to get the major minutes to continue to develop. He would most likely be relegated to the 3rd line as of right now and I don't want to pay that much for a player who will only play on the 3rd line right now.

10-19-2011, 07:27 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Quote:
i really dont think so.

I mean, looking forward, you have to figure the following guys arent going anywhere.

Stepan
Dubi
AA
Cally
Gabby
Richards
Prust
Boyle

You have to figure one of Hagelin or Bourque, if not both, will have 4th line jobs by the end of this season. I dont think Rupp is going anywhere either because he serves a purpose, he can bang, hes a solid player, and he can take on heavyweights.

So youre looking at...

1A: Stepan - Richards - Gabby
1B: Dubi - AA - Cally
3: ???????? - Boyle - Prust
4: Rupp ????????????? - Bourque/Hagelin

going forward.

You have to assume Chris Kreider will make this team. I know thats a helluva assumption to make, but frankly ive felt he's been NHL ready for 2 years now. He seems to play better against better competition.

So possibly something like this going forward.

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Pack
Boyle - Stepan - Prust
Hagelin/Bourque - ????????? - Rupp

do you want to give up assets to acquire a 4C? i dont. And honestly JT Miller looked like he could play there RIGHT NOW.

Ideally I would love to see this next year.

Clear #1: Parise - Richards - Gaborik
1B Dubinsky - AA - Callahan
3A: Kreider - Stepan - Hagelin/Bourque
3B: Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Kreider:Richards:Gaborik

Dubinsky:Anisimov:Callahan

Hagelin:Stepan:Miller/Thomas/Bourque

Prust:Boyle:Rupp

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
NYR Viper

Guys, don't look too far ahead. Who knows if Stepan stays at center or moves to wing permanently like Dubinsky? A few years ago we thought we were good with Anisimov + Dubinsky as the future centers. Anisimov is still here.

Who is to say Miller remains a center or becomes a power forward winger?

The question is very simple:

Can the Rangers get Turris for less than 100 cents on the dollar? If the answer is yes, than you pull the trigger and add talent to the organization. If not, then look elsewhere.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote