HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Edm

Old
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
As an oiler fan I am going to say something that will not make leaf fans happy. One observation is that kadri is only a year younger than Gagner. I realize that the leafs are bringing along slowly--but at 21 years of age I think non-leaf fans are asking why is he not getting more of a look in the nhl? Leaf fans will jump all over this, but the question. If Kadri is as good as "Some" leaf fans are saying, why can he not make the team? The leafs have gone out and got other centers because they do not believe he is ready---so much so they have gone out and gotten other centers to multi year deals. From the outside looking on the leafs, I have to ask what is the hold up in getting this guy into the league. I know leaf fans are not going to like it, but the clock is not clicking on Kadri
You're right, he hasn't been good enough but the talent is definitely there--think Andy McDonald-lite. He'll get his cracks, just has to become more consistent in order to aid a team in becoming a winning product (that IS the bottom line). Toronto doesn't need to rush it's prospects into the league though, so there's really no pressing need from management's side to throw him in there. On the flip side, he adds another dimension to the offense when he's out there. The vision is unreal (not Ryan Nuge unreal though )

Like others have said though, Toronto really has no need for Gagner and wouldn't be prepared to give up anything for him so the deal is a pass.

Last edited by GordieHoweHatTrick: 10-19-2011 at 10:37 AM.
GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Rinzler

Don't see the Leafs and Oil trading at all. Both teams are clearly being built with a completely different philosophy. I seriously doubt Burke has any interest in Oilers players as none of them who could potentially be available fit the Burke style of player.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
I see only darkness

vCash: 761
I would like Franson he will be a good 3/4 defencemen but I would have no interest in Khadri. Oilers already had a Khadri ( under achieving player with top notch skill but almost no heart) he is playing in europe somewhere now (Schrempf)

I see only darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
nsoilfan

i think it looks ok...2 simple questions

is gags an up grade over Kadri?

is Franson worth over a second rounder?

i think leafs actually win this trade value wise

i think the oilers win potental fit wise cause they get a D man and a good prospect.

will kadri end up being better than gags someday?....maybe ... but with their age experience and draft status gags is on top right now and the leafs want to fastrack the rebuild. buy trading similar players but one closer to being developed this would work for them. plus i think gags is setting up for a break out season.

the leafs have too many D and getting a 2nd rounder for Franson is wash.

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Counter:

MacArthur + 2nd round pick 2012

For Paajarvi, Klefbom
You always need one dummy trying to compare a trade; you are saying that PRV has the same value as Kadri and Klefbom is going to be way better than Franson, always a few in the group.

Where is MacArthur going to play on our 3rd or 4th line. People and this includes Edm fans, Edm doesnt need any fowards.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You always need one dummy trying to compare a trade; you are saying that PRV has the same value as Kadri and Klefbom is going to be way better than Franson, always a few in the group.

Where is MacArthur going to play on our 3rd or 4th line. People and this includes Edm fans, Edm doesnt need any fowards.
Where is gagner going to play? Our 3rd or 4th line. Kadri is a better prospect than Klefbom and Paajarvi and Kadri probably have similar values. Paajarvi has played in the NHL longer, but he has struggled this year and has never put up good numbers. Obviously Oilers fans disagree, since apparently in 3 years their collection of top 6 forwards will apparently include Hall, Eberle, RNH, Paajarvi, Omark, Hemsky, Gagner, Hamilton, Pitlick, Haartikanen, etc. To go along with the potential best D-core in the league Klefbom, Whitney, Musil, Petry, Gernat, etc.

Obviously it's not directed at all Oilers fans and I don't mean to offend you all, but most sensible Oilers fans notice the overrating of Oilers prospects on here. People often talk about comparing Gagner's early numbers to the likes of other good players, but I think giving Kadri and Giroux' skill set assessment and career progression is reasonable as well.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post

And what interest does Toronto have in another small 2nd line center?
He's also not an upgrade on any of the centers we already have. (Bozak can play as the third line center)

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
MessierII

No thanks Gagner is young and looked unreal in the preseason before he got hurt. It's looking like this is going to be his year. Kadri was great in junior but I'm not sold on him. I do like Fransson though to be honest.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

No thanks.

Last edited by oilsands: 10-19-2011 at 03:49 PM.
oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOil View Post
No thanks from Edmonton, the Oklahoma Barons roster is full.
Pretty much this

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote