HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Road Trip / Lines

Old
10-18-2011, 11:07 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Torts just uses the 4th line as his talent turn-style for whenever someone is having a bad game, or not creating chemistry somewhere. That's the problem, there is no 4th line. If he is going to utilize it like that, then why the **** would they sign Rupp? So long as their is always a skill guy getting demoted to that line, there will always be someone Rupp can't keep up with mentally or physically. Torts knows this, and he should not have given MZA a non-spot knowing this, Weise should have been retained, or another AHL grinder kept up to begin with.

Either make it a grinder line, or make it a skill line for players having bad games, to mix up the chemistry. Not half and half.

I'd rather see three animals with ice-skates on gliding down the ice than their fourth-line right now, at least that would be funny.

He doesn't seem to really know what he wants to do with that line.

His construction of it, and the way he disperses ice time are both pretty lackluster.

And I have no idea why Mike Rupp was signed.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:41 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I'd rather see three animals with ice-skates on gliding down the ice than their fourth-line right now, at least that would be funny.
I laughed aloud to myself for a couple minutes after reading this. Thanks - I really needed that

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
I don't understand why we signed both Rupp and Fedotenko. We should have gone with one or the other.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't understand why we signed both Rupp and Fedotenko. We should have gone with one or the other.
I can understand Torts wanting feds back, but bringing in slow as molasses Rupp for three years at $1.5 per, when you only have one year remaining of Avery just defies logic.

Old
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
ciggy

the 2nd line

not gonna work.... anisimov doesn't fit, wants to go one on one every time gets puck, its a working line... dubi, will this guy ever gonna pay off? and calli, well calli is calli. luv the kid but he's not gonna be an offensive game changer..

so far this looks like its going to be our weakest link

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
So what are you saying?

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
not gonna work.... anisimov doesn't fit, wants to go one on one every time gets puck, its a working line... dubi, will this guy ever gonna pay off? and calli, well calli is calli. luv the kid but he's not gonna be an offensive game changer..

Was the team's best line last year.

Tortorella isn't going to break them up, especially with lineup, essentially, set. Stepan has performed on the top unit, the 3rd line is set, has been for a while.

Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Who is replaced by who?

Don't understand your point on Anisimov, either, he certainly likes to go one on one, but it seems to work a lot of the time with him. He's very smart, he's not going to risk it unless he knows he has a chance to create an opportunity.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:42 PM
OverTheCap

Once this team stops taking so many penalties, the Pack Line will be much better.

Dubi and Cally are averaging well over 3 minutes a game killing penalties. That is far too much for top 6 players who are also relied upon during even strength and on the power play. They are probably exhausted.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Couldnt disagree more.

First, that line has had some very good success in the past, and its very early in the season. Callahan wouldve had close to 70 points last year if he played a full 82 game season. 70 point player not a game changer? Dubinsky has shown he can do similar things when given the responsibility. IMO Anisimov is going to have a very good year and his attention to defense should never be overlooked. You need that type of player on one of your top lines because they are getting more minutes.

Weakest link? I think not. For a majority of last year they were the strongest.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Was the team's best line last year.

Tortorella isn't going to break them up, especially with lineup, essentially, set. Stepan has performed on the top unit, the 3rd line is set, has been for a while.

Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Who is replaced by who?

Don't understand your point on Anisimov, either, he certainly likes to go one on one, but it seems to work a lot of the time with him. He's very smart, he's not going to risk it unless he knows he has a chance to create an opportunity.

wow!!! torts won't break up the line of anisimov calli and dubi?? torts changes lines like i change my underware.... anisimov is too slow on his skates to take anyone, he's had at least 4 opportunites in last 3 games to take a wrist shot and he tries to juke the opposing player/goaltender, he ended up losin puck or not even getting a shot off... dubi, he's not what we all thought he would be, calli will come around, but he's not a scorer..

my 2nd line would be wolski christensen prust

Old
10-19-2011, 07:51 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Christensen is a player who is a 13th forward on most competitive NHL teams...Wolski has currently been very ineffective in his NYR career. Prust is a great heart&soul type guy, but he's a borderline 3rd line player when judging his all-around game, ideally a 4th liner.

OTC hit the nail on the head, penalties are ruining the line at ES. Dubinsky led the team in scoring last year. Callahan was on pace for 30 goals. Anisimov put up 44 points while playing a top-notch defensive game. They won't be demoted in favor of players that are, clearly, far worse.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
wow!!! torts won't break up the line of anisimov calli and dubi?? torts changes lines like i change my underware.... anisimov is too slow on his skates to take anyone, he's had at least 4 opportunites in last 3 games to take a wrist shot and he tries to juke the opposing player/goaltender, he ended up losin puck or not even getting a shot off... dubi, he's not what we all thought he would be, calli will come around, but he's not a scorer..

And you would probably lose your job. Our second line was our best line last season, so it would be stupid to break them up, especially at center. And you would put Christensen over Anisimov?? You're crazy. Prust over Callahan and Wolski over Dubinsky? Jesus..

Old
10-19-2011, 08:05 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Couldnt disagree more.

First, that line has had some very good success in the past, and its very early in the season. Callahan wouldve had close to 70 points last year if he played a full 82 game season. 70 point player not a game changer? Dubinsky has shown he can do similar things when given the responsibility. IMO Anisimov is going to have a very good year and his attention to defense should never be overlooked. You need that type of player on one of your top lines because they are getting more minutes.

Weakest link? I think not. For a majority of last year they were the strongest.

they were the best line ? yes, because gabby had an awful year, and the offense in general was awful... yes, they have had to kill lots of penalties, just not gettin it done offensively

Old
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
And you would probably lose your job. Our second line was our best line last season, so it would be stupid to break them up, especially at center. And you would put Christensen over Anisimov?? You're crazy. Prust over Callahan and Wolski over Dubinsky? Jesus..
not one of these 3 THIS year are contributing on the offensive end..

Old
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
not one of these 3 THIS year are contributing on the offensive end..
So you would put on Wolski and Christensen who each have 0 points?

Old
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
ruckus*

I can't believe Torts finally joined the board. At least we know what the lines will be tomorrow in Calgary.

Old
10-19-2011, 08:23 PM
ciggy

Quote:
So you would put on Wolski and Christensen who each have 0 points?
why are you so surprised as a rangers fan, torts always lookin for lines that will work. also, other then gabby who is doin anything offensively?

Old
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
ruckus*

I really don't think we can ***** anything until these idiots stop taking penalties. We can't get any flow going at all with our lines.

When Wolski comes back he should play with Rich and Gabs.

Outside of that there's really not much to say about it at this point because we've been short handed half the freaking season it feels like.

Old
10-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
why are you so surprised as a rangers fan, torts always lookin for lines that will work. also, other then gabby who is doin anything offensively?
I'm not surprised by anything. All I'm saying is your post makes no sense and I was waiting if you will actually use a drop of logic to back up your opinion that Anisimov should be take off the second line, which you clearly didn't use.

Old
10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I really don't think we can ***** anything until these idiots stop taking penalties. We can't get any flow going at all with our lines.

When Wolski comes back he should play with Rich and Gabs.

Outside of that there's really not much to say about it at this point because we've been short handed half the freaking season it feels like.
wolski NO WAY, let stepan grow with those 2

Old
10-19-2011, 08:41 PM
ciggy

Quote:
I'm not surprised by anything. All I'm saying is your post makes no sense and I was waiting if you will actually use a drop of logic to back up your opinion that Anisimov should be take off the second line, which you clearly didn't use.
and it makes no sense for a 6'4 player who does not have catlike moves to take puck and try to go through 2 or 3 guys when u could take a wrist shot and get a possible deflection or bad bounce, someone around net could knock back in, u really think anisimov is gonna beat anyone?

Old
10-19-2011, 09:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:45 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Why are people so concerned about lines in practice? It doesnt matter Torts shuffles them from midway through the first period anyway.They never stay the same.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

not bad, with all backups in net

Old
10-21-2011, 12:05 PM
BlueBlood94
Rookie User

The left side is going to be alot better looking when we have kreider & hagelin on it. That being said the lines are playing well no reason to mess with. Unlike most I think wolski will be productive when he returns. He had a great offseason & has a ton of talent.
Rupp-Newburry-Wolski until he proves he deserves better.

BlueBlood94 is offline   Reply With Quote