HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 Kings vs Blues 10/18/11 - POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
On the Blue pre game show David Backes called Jack Johnson one of the most underrated defenseman in hockey and just as good as Drew Doughty "or anyone really". He said "he is one of those guys that you play against and want to hate due to his playing style. Then you meet him and it's like, man, that is one cool dude. It's the ultimate compliment you can pay an opposing player".
All that from Backes? Wow. JJ is really underrated- people look at his +/- history end up labeling him overrated.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:48 PM
itstheo54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Sexy's thoughts:
  • 1st-line chemistry obviously looks great
  • My prediction that Penner will be waived or traded in Nov is looking good. What a doosh.
  • Voynov didn't impress me, but I guess he didn't screw up too bad.
  • Bring back Richardson-Lewis-Clifford!
  • I can't see A-Mart's ceiling. He could become really really good.
  • I'm agnostic on Stoll & Greene. Probably valuable to keep this year.
people usually dont just waive 4.5 million dollar left wings...i think that means for 100% sure some other teams gonna pick him up and the kings are still gonna have to pay????

Old
10-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Penner played just fine last night. I don't get the hate. He moved his feet more last night than I can remember in any other game he has ever played for the Kings. Just because he didn't score a goal doesn't mean he sucked.

Old
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I'm trying to watch the game on Gamecenter right now and every single game works perfectly fine, except this one. It plays for 10 seconds and then just freezes and does nothing.

Old
10-19-2011, 10:39 PM
haca oighir

I just watched this game on gamecenter. Worked fine. Other than at times in the third it got a bit choppy. Log off and back on and try again.

Old
10-19-2011, 10:39 PM
jbuntman
not your boyfriend!

ok i found this on youtube by yt user 17Joaquinn.

Old
10-19-2011, 11:00 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haca oighir View Post
I just watched this game on gamecenter. Worked fine. Other than at times in the third it got a bit choppy. Log off and back on and try again.
Same ****. Even tried it on my PS3 and it's the same. Intermissions when it says "Please tune to the away feed during the intermission break" works, but not the actual game, but switching to the Blues feed doesn't work.

Well, the Blues feed is actually working now, that'll do.

Last edited by FootKnight: 10-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old
10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntman View Post

Lotta cross ice passing going on during those power plays.

Old
10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Nex06

Quote:
On the Blue pre game show David Backes called Jack Johnson one of the most underrated defenseman in hockey and just as good as Drew Doughty "or anyone really". He said "he is one of those guys that you play against and want to hate due to his playing style. Then you meet him and it's like, man, that is one cool dude. It's the ultimate compliment you can pay an opposing player".
This is more a general commet, but surely you don't expect him to say: "Johnson? I think he is very overrated, he makes stupid plays and frankly, I think he should be a winger, since he can't play defense at all. Also his mom is ugly and I heard his father takes drugs."

When you ask any hockey player about some other player, it's all canned answers, they say whatever is expected. Unfortunately or fortunately - I will let that everyone to decide for themselves.

Old
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
This is more a general commet, but surely you don't expect him to say: "Johnson? I think he is very overrated, he makes stupid plays and frankly, I think he should be a winger, since he can't play defense at all. Also his mom is ugly and I heard his father takes drugs."

When you ask any hockey player about some other player, it's all canned answers, they say whatever is expected. Unfortunately or fortunately - I will let that everyone to decide for themselves.
This is the type of post that blows me away. How does any of that sound canned? The question was about the Kings young defenseman and Backes sidestepped Doughty and praised Jack for a while. He also talked about how Jack is so strong that he is "like a panzer tank".

Why can't some of you just stop looking for things to be negative on Jack.

Old
10-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:

He didnt have to go out of his way to say the things he did. He could have said ...yeah, he is tough to play against and thats it. he went out if his way to really comment on jj. I think that speaks volumes and it also proves what Mitchell said about him too.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Speaking of JJ, did anyone see the red car he rolled up near the black carpet? Was that a Ferrari?

Old
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Speaking of JJ, did anyone see the red car he rolled up near the black carpet? Was that a Ferrari?
So not jealous.....

(yeah it's a Ferrari)

Old
10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Nex06

Quote:
This is the type of post that blows me away. How does any of that sound canned? The question was about the Kings young defenseman and Backes sidestepped Doughty and praised Jack for a while. He also talked about how Jack is so strong that he is "like a panzer tank".

Why can't some of you just stop looking for things to be negative on Jack.
"Some of you" being me? You are the biggest JJ fan on this planet so I can't blame you if you feel you are alone against everyone else. But you are not. Still if you just opened a thread and said all that as your own opinion, it would be much better, I would even agree on some of the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
He didnt have to go out of his way to say the things he did. He could have said ...yeah, he is tough to play against and thats it. he went out if his way to really comment on jj.
That's true, he could have said "less" however it still doesn't mean much. You see, one of the "rules" about evaluating players is also, that you can make the player to be as strong as someone who is not in the squad for the game. Sidestepping Doughty would be to say "JJ is better than Doughty." But if you say "JJ is as strong as Doughty" that is not breaking the NHL praising opposition etiquette. The same can be seen when players are asked how do they see Penguins without Crosby and Malkin. The canned answers are what? That the team is basically just as strong, that they have enough talent left, that they will have to play just as hard if they want to win etc. So when you play against Kings minus Doughty, the NHL praising players etiquette suggests that you must praise the rest of the defense.

I am not saying that whatever Backes said is BS. I am just saying that to me players' comments don't hold much value or credibility. How often do you see someone talking badly about other players on TV? You are not going to tell me, that all players think all the best about everyone else in the league?

Edit: Just look at poor Bradley and his valid comments on Semin. He was pretty much forced to apologize.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:00 AM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Same ****. Even tried it on my PS3 and it's the same. Intermissions when it says "Please tune to the away feed during the intermission break" works, but not the actual game, but switching to the Blues feed doesn't work.

Well, the Blues feed is actually working now, that'll do.
Had the same problem, but Blues feed was working fine. They must had some problems with Kings feed.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:16 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
So not jealous.....

(yeah it's a Ferrari)

He's got good taste in cars...

Old
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm surprised Jack's car isn't colored maize and blue.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:21 AM
KingLB

He bought that with the commission on his last contract.....

Old
10-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Wonder if his license plate reads "BAD MFER"

Old
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
The real question is do we trade stoll at the deadline.
If we don't i think it's certain that we dont resign him unless he takes a big paycut.
Stoll isn't going anywhere this season. The Kings are not going to supply a playoff contender and no non-playoff team will take a player with expiring contract

Regardless, Stoll is key face off guy, he plays PK and point on PP. A playoff bound team won't be trading such assets for picks/prospects just bc they don't won't to loose him for nothing

Old
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Wonder if his license plate reads "BAD MFER"
He should grow out a mustache like Magnum PI.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
no name

Quote:
"Some of you" being me? You are the biggest JJ fan on this planet so I can't blame you if you feel you are alone against everyone else. But you are not. Still if you just opened a thread and said all that as your own opinion, it would be much better, I would even agree on some of the points.

That's true, he could have said "less" however it still doesn't mean much. You see, one of the "rules" about evaluating players is also, that you can make the player to be as strong as someone who is not in the squad for the game. Sidestepping Doughty would be to say "JJ is better than Doughty." But if you say "JJ is as strong as Doughty" that is not breaking the NHL praising opposition etiquette. The same can be seen when players are asked how do they see Penguins without Crosby and Malkin. The canned answers are what? That the team is basically just as strong, that they have enough talent left, that they will have to play just as hard if they want to win etc. So when you play against Kings minus Doughty, the NHL praising players etiquette suggests that you must praise the rest of the defense.

I am not saying that whatever Backes said is BS. I am just saying that to me players' comments don't hold much value or credibility. How often do you see someone talking badly about other players on TV? You are not going to tell me, that all players think all the best about everyone else in the league?

Edit: Just look at poor Bradley and his valid comments on Semin. He was pretty much forced to apologize.
No, I am not Jacks biggest fan. I'm just as much a fan of Drew Doughty but I couldn't post about him because Backes didn't say anything about him. I've said it a dozen times. I am just a fan of young dmen and I don't have to defend Drew as much.

There are a few irrational JJ haters here that refuse to see the positvie in anything. Same can be said about Brown and Quick haters. Your last two posts are classic cases of this. There is no rationale way to discredit those words and the way he said it. I'm sorry man. Backes went out of his way and gushed over Jack.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntman View Post

If I was a chick, I'd sleep with Kopitar based on his passing ability alone. So sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I'm surprised Jack's car isn't colored maize and blue.
Just getting ready for when he leaves the Kings for the Red Wings.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
If I was a chick, I'd sleep with Kopitar based on his passing ability alone. So sexy.
I'm a guy and I still would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Just getting ready for when he leaves the Kings for the Red Wings.
Nah.. he'll show up in one of those fancy Chrysler 300's there.

Old
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Nex06

Quote:
No, I am not Jacks biggest fan. I'm just as much a fan of Drew Doughty but I couldn't post about him because Backes didn't say anything about him. I've said it a dozen times. I am just a fan of young dmen and I don't have to defend Drew as much.

There are a few irrational JJ haters here that refuse to see the positvie in anything. Same can be said about Brown and Quick haters. Your last two posts are classic cases of this. There is no rationale way to discredit those words and the way he said it. I'm sorry man. Backes went out of his way and gushed over Jack.
Your last two posts make me thing that it could be just you misunderstanding certain Jack Johnson related posts. If it was someone else writing the same about Williams I would have probably written the same post but you wouldn't feel the need to accuse me of anything irrational then. It will be better if you admit your JJ love to yourself. Look around, people seems to be very open about their fictional bromances with Kopitar, Doughty, Williams, Quick,... Nothing to be ashamed of, Johnson is a handsome young man AND he has a nice car.

You are taking these things way too seriously I think.

Closed Thread